stem cell news 111007-15 [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 精华勋章 优秀会员 金话筒 专家

楼主
发表于 2011-10-17 09:44 |显示全部帖子
回复 kittybruce 的帖子4 `" Y' R6 w/ ^; ^/ B5 P

; J% M1 E* ~, n6 t/ M这期新闻有一条挺有趣。似乎是本届世界干细胞高峰会上的一个讨论期间,有观众问谁是当今干细胞研究领域的爱因斯坦以及Steve Jobs。关于谁是干细胞爱因斯坦的回答说目前还找不出一个有爱因斯坦级别的“明星”。关于谁是干细胞界的Steve Jobs,回答说没有人能在自己家的车库里搞出革命性的干细胞产品(与iPhone之类相比)。因为,FDA要管。而Jobs不曾面对这个婆婆。
# s4 P8 t  N9 n7 V( o
9 K" Z/ A, q* ?# v生物医药和生物技术曾被盖茨称为引领下一代产业革命的领域,显然,从完全不同的产业规则上来讲,对公众的“误导”不轻,呵呵。8 A: p+ X2 ?& @
* T; |5 J8 v0 d1 c4 i2 n: q/ }
Who is the Einstein or Steve Jobs of the stem cell field?
+ g, b% \) i6 ]% a, }  P: b) IPosted on October 7, 2011 by admin! V" Z0 x" C5 W. k/ S
At this week’s World Stem Cell Summit, during one of the panel discussion I was on a member of the audience9 \( A6 w& ]) ~& B8 ^' A0 i
asked a great question.
8 n4 e  G' P0 Z8 jIn terms of making a broader impact on politics, who out there in the stem cell field might be the Einstein of the
1 ^% S' _5 \" g  p) W$ ystem cell field? Who has the gravitas to write a letter like Einstein did along with fellow physicists Szilard and
; ~2 m; i0 N. [! qEugene Wigner to argue to Roosevelt about the need for a U.S. atomic program?
& B+ [6 B/ B/ H5 \  `( ]9 dMy answer was that the stem cell field has quite a few leaders, but that I didn’t see any single person who was at
2 T. I! F1 m8 d6 x' F. rthe rock star level of Einstein that the public knows very well. There are many amazing leaders in the stem cell9 C" q* I; \1 d* r0 \! W
field.  W  y$ J+ ?9 ~  n2 |
With Steve Jobs passing away, which is a very sad occasion, I also got to thinking is their a leader in the stem cell
$ e1 X, }3 g8 kfield who has the creative genius of Jobs combined with his ability to turn things into practical, ingenious
3 D) K% Q' n& `; Kproducts.
% t2 c* U; G' {6 a; L( G* BI’d be curious of your opinions! Are these leaders out there?. C( E- ?1 C: ~  U6 y/ K% o- v
Of course one fundamental difference betweens stem cell science and computer or physics is that our products. o* z3 ^# V, L! w6 Y
have to go through FDA approval before they can be sold. I don’t think anyone can make some revolutionary
: i0 w3 j- y' S: h$ s( \9 h3 Bstem cell product in their parents garage like Jobs did.
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 17:19