查看: 409934|回复: 240
go

Hepatic Stem Cells: In Search of [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-3-5 00:03 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
作者:Maggie H. Walkup, David A. Gerber作者单位:Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
4 j- l2 t+ {7 c2 A                  & b7 N4 _; X! W  g1 K+ r- R

- _; T+ H/ m( m0 f/ \         
0 e; c( r3 n$ J                         + g5 Q" l( t- v

2 ~( L& G2 o! Y, i' Z/ y1 r9 \            
2 }1 x, H* t* ]# }8 p            
& h5 F% _- `: L$ {            + J- ~0 G, b4 B, o6 t! ~

V4 b- S# d: c2 E9 `        
: n. X8 |& ~- T        , p& U' I( B% P& j' O4 o5 d' Z7 x
        " z+ k0 W  z0 D: y
          【摘要】* D* G4 B' j9 }6 L
      The field of stem cell biology has exploded with the study of a wide range of cellular populations involving endodermal, mesenchymal, and ectodermal organs. One area of extensive study has included the identification of hepatic stem and progenitor cell subpopulations. Liver stem cells provide insights into the potential pathways involving liver regeneration that are independent of mature hepatocytes. Hepatic progenitor cells are either bipotent or multipotent and capable of multiple rounds of replication. They have been identified in fetal as well as adult liver. Various injury models have been used to expand this cellular compartment. The nomenclature, origin, and function of the hepatic progenitor cell populations are areas of ongoing debate. In this review, we will discuss the different definitions and functions of hepatic progenitor cells as well as the current research efforts examining their therapeutic potential. , O/ c% a! I( d4 t  K6 k
          【关键词】 Stem cell Progenitor cell Oval cell Liver regeneration; e) ]5 E* x! Q5 [0 M0 J. K
                  INTRODUCTION8 m* }. u  z! t6 K2 C, @" [( d% J2 d
: d& N9 Y; o! b. K; _
It has been suggested that when the regenerative ability of mature hepatocytes is insufficient, then the capacity of the liver for innate cellular recovery occurs secondary to a separate and unique population of liver cells. The origin, nomenclature, and function of these cells have been a longstanding area of study and debate. Hepatic progenitor cells have been broadly characterized as a wide range of cell populations by multiple scientific teams. These cells have been investigated from the very early embryonic stages through adulthood, using a diverse range of experimental models.4 x8 M7 ^& L' U" s! [3 d

$ m, v1 V4 e, ?  Z( ?: h3 m7 Y% V! |" GA stem cell is typically characterized by its capacity for self-renewal and ability to give rise to multiple differentiated cellular populations (often termed cellular plasticity)  stem cells are routinely characterized by the absence rather than the presence of specific lineage-related markers.
9 }& p7 R0 n( ~9 O+ Q' g" p3 @* x4 u/ A' O" j; o, M0 c3 M
LIVER STEM CELL POPULATIONS5 |( Z5 ~1 Y5 h5 G) A9 w; Q
0 A( n  I$ r8 z% t. i
The vast majority of liver-related stem cell research has focused on either fetal-derived hepatic stem cells or oval cells. The oval cell is typically defined as a unique cellular population that is generated from the biliary compartment in response to hepatic injury . The nomenclature and function of described liver-related stem cell populations, including the progenitor cell populations, remains an area of dispute, as the majority of these cellular populations have not been used in a therapeutic approach to provide organ-associated function. To further complicate the challenge with nomenclature, adult liver stem cells are often referred to as hepatic progenitor cells, hepatic oval cells, or both.
) X& c2 V0 O; U7 ]: S$ y: F
. m% S1 h9 g! ?8 H1 B; H' |For the purposes of this review, we will characterize hepatic progenitor cells as either somatic hepatic progenitor cells (those cells that can be isolated from adult liver without chemical insult or partial hepatectomy), fetal hepatic progenitor cells (due to their origin and isolation from within the developing liver bud), or the previously characterized oval cell. The role of oval cells in liver regeneration and their potential as hepatic progenitors will be discussed in further detail. With the varying descriptions of unique hepatic progenitor cell populations, it is possible that overlap exists among differing populations.
+ t& I+ g, B) X' J
3 ]+ G3 P. k+ q  PThere is currently a dichotomy between our understanding of the processes involved in stem cell differentiation and organ development compared with the unanswered questions relating to the postnatal role of stem or progenitor cell populations as they persist into adulthood. Are the latter groups undifferentiated stem cell populations that persist beyond the fetal period or are they de novo stem cells generated by signals from the adult somatic cellular compartment? Further comprehension of characterization and the process by which select stem or progenitor cells undergo differentiation will provide greater insight into tissue development and organogenesis . This understanding could also play a role in developing alternative cell therapy strategies. This review focuses on multiple liver-derived stem or progenitor cell populations that have been isolated from liver tissue at various stages of development or in response to select injury models.
5 ^" O$ z- ?2 T6 d) H
' S9 u( G% @$ NFETAL LIVER
: _' b# X4 t; E/ G9 h- _* v2 K
1 D0 c+ p: \8 F) [; {! oThe cellular plasticity associated with various fetal tissues makes embryonic development an ideal place to search for stem/progenitor cell populations. During embryogenesis, the liver arises from the gut tube as an out-pouching, referred to as the liver bud. The liver bud begins to grow and differentiate, and subsequent cellular contact with the cardiac mesoderm and the production of fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) in the local environment induces the endoderm toward hepatic development .
5 J# q, B" r& `0 g1 ]& y
$ V; g; I* o" F1 H9 G' H' \/ ?( j# m4 {As the liver bud grows, the cellular constituent of the liver is composed of hepatoblasts. Hepatoblasts are defined as the precursors for hepatocytes as well as for cholangiocytes, the cells that form the biliary ductal system of the liver .
: c" I( F! N, E( s8 F1 ^  \4 D
7 P- S# c# F! `- Y3 X5 S2 UInvestigators studying the characterization of the stem cell compartment in the fetal liver have focused on defining markers associated with stem cells as well as those associated with hepatic cells and then identifying which cells possess a combination of the markers. Petersen et al. demonstrated Thy-1, a marker of hematopoietic stem cells, .
  U& [9 _8 j6 v. X( s0 T
* t# d3 t2 P& F6 w+ h7 fThe origin of the fetal hepatic stem cell populations has been a controversial topic. Early in development the fetal liver is the major location of hematopoiesis . Further work with labeling techniques will help us gain understanding into the migration and differentiation of the progenitor cells.8 c1 U, [6 l# c5 T
  X8 ~8 L# x& H6 S
ADULT-DERIVED HEPATIC PROGENITOR CELL POPULATIONS
8 L$ T- @) K, x; j9 f
8 ?1 A4 o# x" F( A( `Our group has isolated a hepatic progenitor cell population from adult murine liver without a preceding injury to the liver .
9 k& d; d0 e0 u1 l$ `& Z5 d
5 z# o. N% ~; ^0 n" ]Figure 1. Hepatic progenitor cell colony isolated from murine adult liver tissue. (A): Day 4 culture demonstrating a small colony; original magnification, x200. (B): Day 19 of culture demonstrating cellular proliferation and colony expansion; original magnification, x100.4 M  j7 E; h! M  j" F  A

3 S$ s' f& y/ ^+ v* d# G% ROther groups have described novel methods for isolating progenitor cell populations, including isolating them under hypoxic conditions while simultaneously inducing cell aggregate formation .
4 b/ w# m7 S7 e% a8 F. P) W
7 x9 h! Z6 {; t  R& I% R. aAlthough the potential for many of these adult-derived progenitor cells is promising, there is still a tremendous amount of investigation to be done before their therapeutic potential can be realized. Perhaps most significantly, there is an ongoing challenge with respect to identifying unique markers that will support the isolation and purification of these cells from the mature hepatocyte and nonparenchymal cell populations within the liver.
: H4 N( y5 ^% M. h! H1 ~! w  A" W. b
1 y0 y6 Y3 {; f; e. j$ d2 V! F" [The issue of dedifferentiation as a process that generates stem cell populations has been debated in recent years. Tateno et al. demonstrated that hepatocytes in culture expressed biliary markers .
& u7 h) }8 K- l1 |4 R0 \" g" `9 K- i7 T* x: C2 ]8 s5 F6 a
CELL RESPONSES IN INJURY MODELS
+ C" f8 ?5 ~6 i' b+ }0 r
5 U& M0 y8 l4 V5 JSince the identification and subsequent isolation of progenitor cells is a challenge in uninjured livers, several groups have developed experimental models of liver injury to activate and augment specific cell populations. Just as there are several models for inducing liver injury, there are several theories as to which cell population is responsible for regenerating the lost or damaged liver parenchyma.8 L7 Q/ Z& n% t
3 V  S" v* h3 N4 F9 x) \& r' U5 x4 d
The typical response to a cellular vacuum secondary to a chemical or surgical insult within the liver involves replication of adult hepatocytes. Investigators have shown that mature hepatocytes can undergo 8 to 12 rounds of cellular division in response to consecutive partial hepatectomies .5 V4 @# ]' v0 b/ U2 Q9 {

Z) w# C4 ?# w: L! eThe oval cell, located in the terminal bile ducts, is a potential liver progenitor cell .( w8 v6 o% e) B

, O$ T4 n8 K3 c' E: TIn response to 2-AAF injury, oval cells form new ductular structures that are extensions of the canals of Hering and are surrounded by a continuous basement membrane. They attach at their distal end to a hepatocyte .5 \6 U  ]& Q. ~4 C; g+ s0 F
+ g5 v0 m- s2 X" V# g, k, O
Much like the controversy surrounding the origin of fetal liver stem cells, there has been some inquiry into the possibility that oval cells do not originate from the liver but instead are activated bone marrow stem cells that migrate to the liver in response to injury. This hypothesis was based in part by the fact that oval cells can express certain bone marrow stem cell markers, such as c-kit . These studies show only a minor cellular contribution with respect to liver repopulation.
" e3 {* n1 }8 H$ m; G$ Q/ W) h! \# n0 E8 w: K
Another model of liver injury involves retrorsine treatment followed by partial hepatectomy .  l) \7 j: ]! E9 C

" R9 [* i% a/ B2 q6 z, MFigure 2. Small hepatocyte-like progenitor cells are seen in a small cluster located in the liver after retrorsine treatment and partial hepatectomy. (A): Day 6 after partial hepatectomy demonstrates a small cluster of cells. (B): Day 14 after partial hepatectomy there is expansion of the cell population within the parenchyma of the liver. H&E staining; original magnification, x200. Images courtesy of William B. Coleman, Ph.D.: ^6 n8 E. e* e
* w3 R8 Z4 n% H: c/ L) ~! [' j
Gordon et al. also explored the therapeutic potential of these small hepatocyte-like progenitor cells through transplantation .1 c. D2 S4 S9 [

7 U7 o( h; J- @. aA majority of the research involving oval cells has been in rat models. However, recent experiments using a retrorsine/partial hepatectomy injury model in mice demonstrated proliferation of a liver progenitor cell compartment. After subjecting mice to retrorsine and partial hepatectomy, the authors found a population of cells that expressed the hematopoietic stem cell markers c-kit and Thy-1. In vitro, this same population of cells differentiated into cells expressing either biliary markers (e.g., CK-19) or hepatic markers (e.g., albumin) .7 l, D5 h$ Q; h( B, j6 ?

9 I5 x, q# l7 LInvestigators have also focused on identifying bipotent cells in the human liver. Baumann et al. used immunohistochemistry to study human livers in fulminant hepatic failure. They found upregulation of a population of cells that expressed c-kit . Although this is a promising beginning, the investigation involving human liver progenitor cells is in its nascent stages, and much remains to be learned. Figure 3 is a summation of select cellular populations along with their identifying characteristics.
& b5 _# C: O, |3 B; r
& b7 F1 R/ a7 Y" h) _& w* G5 {Figure 3. Schematic outlining the differentiation and commitment of the hepatic-related cells from their early stages in development through adulthood. Abbreviations: -FP, -fetoprotein; AFP, -fetoprotein; Alb, albumin; ALB, albumin; CK, cytokeratin; G6P, glucose-6-phosphatase; ICAM, intercellular adhesion molecule.
+ b6 }& r& d4 t) }8 ?
& J/ }, M5 Y+ Y6 N* H% }, YLIVER STEM CELLS AND TRANSPLANTATION
0 X) j) i  n2 i- M- S5 b# `  R3 e- S3 C& Z' o& N, g7 e7 v  @
Although the ultimate application using hepatic/stem progenitor cells involves the development of an alternative therapy to liver transplantation for patients with liver failure, the prospect of this clinical reality remains in the future. There are currently more than 17,000 people on the waiting list for a liver transplant, with the majority of these patients suffering with cirrhosis, a manifestation of chronic liver injury (http://www.unos.org). In 2005, only approximately one-third of people waiting for a liver actually underwent a transplant  involves the necessity to transplant large numbers of cells to achieve acceptable function, as well as providing an outlet for biliary excretion.* ?- U$ v7 m( [
( }/ B% Z8 G3 i. V
Several studies have looked at the potential of stem/progenitor cells in transplantation , and one of the clinical challenges includes engraftment of functional transplanted cells.
& q( E$ V& l4 i
& y2 K4 w7 [+ q  M1 @: BA concern about using hepatic progenitor cells for therapeutic transplantation is the link between oval cells and hepatocellular carcinoma. An antigenic relationship between oval cells and hepatocellular carcinoma has been previously demonstrated. In the 1970s and 1980s, the oval cell was studied for its malignant potential . However, no definitive link between adult or fetal hepatic progenitor cells and carcinoma has been clearly demonstrated. Perhaps this population of cells will not have the same carcinogenic potential, but this is certainly an area of research that will require further exploration.
2 e7 ?' E, L# I0 s$ S
* }6 G" y1 Y; H1 P. IBioartificial liver (BAL) systems attempt to provide supportive function for a patient with liver disease while addressing the issue of malignant potential and immunologic reaction by creating a barrier between the functioning hepatocytes and the patient. This field has been extensively studied over the past few decades, with several studies reaching preclinical trials as investigators have analyzed BAL design and cell source . Many of these issues, such as cellular viability and xenografts, may be dealt with by using species-specific stem cells.1 s6 `/ D) n- H2 n0 G" m0 X# `
: @' v3 @& j$ f4 h6 I, y
SUMMARY: _, @5 K8 g( s% p( X

) p0 q8 h- Y/ E, vIn summary, the field of hepatic stem cell study has undergone tremendous growth during the past decade. The initial phase of this research has focused on isolating and characterizing select cellular populations, a critical first step. It is anticipated that over the next few years we will see an in-depth investigation of the hepatic stem/progenitor cell populations with respect to differentiation signals. A balance must be achieved between developing a critical mass of functional cells while controlling the regenerative capacity of the progenitor cells . Further exploration into methods of transplantation and engraftment of these cells will be required. As we move forward in the field of hepatic progenitor cell research, these hurdles must be overcome for cell transplantation involving stem/progenitor cells to become a therapeutic possibility.
) j( @$ C5 |& b0 I' H2 p- W
* o' k; D) @* J5 W$ m( [6 k9 dDISCLOSURES/ l% A7 Q* r) f7 \
* ^5 x! z+ b( i4 _6 ?. X  ^- E7 b7 Y
The authors indicate no potential conflicts of interest.
2 u# J. B& A1 `+ t' O) M* _' ]7 G! Y6 g3 R" J) L1 ]
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS& I! \) i  V1 I- ]

0 R9 i8 s: o3 A6 {6 \1 uThis work was supported by NIH Grant T32-GM008450 (M.H.W.) and NIH Grant 5K08DK59302 (D.A.G.). We thank Dr. Bill Coleman for supplying images of small hepatocyte-like progenitor cells.& {9 W* X  V' J6 x$ ^5 |) q- {( ~
          【参考文献】8 O9 N8 H* e" z6 T
4 J/ E: K9 }9 r" J

( R1 ~5 a! C" H6 r7 m+ _& W) kWagers AJ, Christensen JL, Weissman IL. Cell fate determination from stem cells. Gene Ther 2002;9:606¨C612.
! K5 M) i# @# X7 `6 F* h. m( q  ]1 q4 P
Wulf GG, Luo KL, Jackson KA et al. Cells of the hepatic side population contribute to liver regeneration and can be replenished with bone marrow stem cells. Haematologica 2003;88:368¨C378.
3 H5 ~) g. [9 V( K/ S+ \( ~( M5 O  f$ u# ^
Kuai XL, Cong XQ, Li XL et al. Generation of hepatocytes from cultured mouse embryonic stem cells. Liver Transpl 2003;9:1094¨C1099.- z! ^: v9 f7 O9 n- c5 F) U. B* B
: S/ o4 V7 O+ j/ t& G% Q
Miyashita H, Suzuki A, Fukao K et al. Evidence for hepatocyte differentiation from embryonic stem cells in vitro. Cell Transplant 2002;11:429¨C434.1 {. ?; P! N5 B6 B/ x9 s! `

+ o" h! |+ s# C3 K4 bIshizaka S, Shiroi A, Kanda S et al. Development of hepatocytes from ES cells after transfection with the HNF-3beta gene. FASEB J 2002;16:1444¨C1446.
; N5 J- q6 W$ R& e. E. {6 d# I2 l, a1 ?# k
Choi D, Oh H-J, Chang U-J et al. In vivo differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into hepatocytes. Cell Transplant 2002;11:359¨C368.
( @; a  d! U6 Z5 C/ L, N, ]; O! ]3 t/ X3 a; C8 D
Chinzei R, Tanaka Y, Shimizu-Saito K et al. Embryoid-body cells derived from a mouse embryonic stem cell line show differentiation into functional hepatocytes. Hepatology 2002;36:22¨C29.
+ h# x, z  F' R! ]' y. [8 D" _! X, H! w
Suzuki A, Zheng Y-W, Kondo R et al. Flow-cytometric separation and enrichment of hepatic progenitor cells in the developing mouse liver. Hepatology 2000;32:1230¨C1239.
8 h$ ~* Q- q5 i# |3 P. ~( {
% i/ e, Y0 L1 B1 F4 iWang X, Foster M, Al-Dhalimy M et al. The origin and liver repopulating capacity of murine oval cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100 (suppl 1):11881¨C11888., |" s( H/ c( S6 H3 @6 i- U, x) Q
8 \  n) E  b. q% W1 E' T9 g8 {
Wang J, Clark JB, Rhee G-S et al. Proliferation and hepatic differentiation of adult-derived progenitor cells. Cells Tissues Organs 2003;173:193¨C203.
9 G9 {$ y3 F& q  N" N! K5 N) p/ }/ g9 f7 t' Z
Rafii S, Lyden D. Therapeutic stem and progenitor cell transplantation for organ vascularization and regeneration. Nat Med 2003;9:702¨C712.  S: m( O( I5 R* X/ o

+ v1 t# {- d2 M4 A6 H; z9 X8 oZaret KS. Hepatocyte differentiation: From the endoderm and beyond. Curr Opin Genet Dev 2001;11:568¨C574.! O! q, d! t- j1 Q8 Z  r

0 {3 l& ?2 |! HRossi JM, Dunn NR, Hogan BL et al. Distinct mesodermal signals, including BMPs from the septum transversum mesenchyme, are required in combination for hepatogenesis from the endoderm. Genes Dev 2001;15:1998¨C2009.
4 h# I6 {+ C8 h$ M: @: y) n+ d! s- S" c0 M( {5 u5 X7 n& w
Strick-Marchand H, Weiss MC. Inducible differentiation and morphogenesis of bipotential liver cell lines from wild-type mouse embryos. Hepatology 2002;36:794¨C804.$ Q1 W2 w; Y2 |8 [( M$ u

+ c2 t" q7 {, `Kubota H, Reid LM. Clonogenic hepatoblasts, common precursors for hepatocytic and biliary lineage, are lacking classical major histocompatibility complex class I antigen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000;97:12132¨C12137.
: h( ~* o. X+ \3 _/ J. d( S5 [4 z
' ~( G. F* m5 E% U) M% W4 b5 kTanimizu N, Nishikawa M, Saito H et al. Isolation of hepatoblasts based on the expression of Dlk/Pref-1. J Cell Sci 2003;116(Pt 9):1775¨C1786.
3 T% k: Z8 N8 f1 M9 M
' `, C2 u8 v; A9 A& cDabeva MD, Petkov PM, Sandhu J et al. Proliferation and differentiation of fetal liver epithelial progenitor cells after transplantation into adult rat liver. Am J Pathol 2000;156:2017¨C2031.# e! V4 c8 C5 |
- @. N* Z$ e9 p* V  P# S" A
Sandhu JS, Petkov PM, Dabeva MD et al. Stem cell properties and repopulation of the rat liver by fetal liver epithelial progenitor cells. Am J Pathol 2001;159:1323¨C1334.
  n7 c: s/ ^3 s4 g
; E4 o; Y! I* {( U3 SPetersen BE, Goff JP, Greenberger JS et al. Hepatic oval cells express the hematopoietic stem cell marker Thy-1 in the rat. Hepatology 1998;27:433¨C445.6 I& H, F" u; k) k* n

# S1 T3 Y& V: q1 L: vFiegel HC, Park JJ, Lioznov MV et al. Characterization of cell types during rat liver development. Hepatology 2003;37:148¨C154.
6 x! B7 l6 y( d) G0 L1 a  b' O( ]0 `) }  j2 `) [
Fujio K, Evarts RP, Hu Z et al. Expression of stem cell factor and its receptor, c-kit, during liver regeneration from putative stem cells in adult rat. Lab Invest 1994;70:511¨C516./ ~" I5 V) q' x! M8 m: j1 r
5 H- R3 A$ d$ W) j2 }4 y5 X4 F( V7 W* c1 W
Suzuki A, Zheng Y-w, Kaneko S et al. Clonal identification and characterization of self-renewing pluripotent stem cells in the developing liver. J Cell Biol 2002;156:173¨C184.
; V* }0 V( X2 O+ \2 V
# i/ K3 K0 t1 cZaret KS. Liver specification and early morphogenesis. Mech Dev 2000;92:83¨C88.% t1 ]( j) e, q4 \0 Y
' A2 K7 Z1 y4 Q- c" I, I
Lemaigre F, Zaret KS. Liver development update: New embryo models, cell lineage control, and morphogenesis. Curr Opin Genet Dev 2004;14:582¨C590." T6 K6 i2 E, ]* {" y( U4 e& L
* b! i' N4 _0 A1 q/ L2 J+ H
Blakolmer K, Jaskiewicz K, Dunsford HA et al. Hematopoietic stem cell markers are expressed by ductal plate and bile duct cells in developing human liver. Hepatology 1995;21:1510¨C1516.
/ z7 _7 F% h0 w3 j3 K+ g; {6 l( G$ N. T% a& u
Lemmer ER, Shepard EG, Blakolmer K et al. Isolation from human fetal liver of cells co-expressing CD34 haematopoietic stem cell and CAM 5.2 pancytokeratin markers. J Hepatol 1998;29:450¨C454.) O& b' a* D0 E0 _' [4 I

* @: @% M" d2 F4 S4 P9 h; ]Monga SP, Tang Y, Candotti F et al. Expansion of hepatic and hematopoietic stem cells utilizing mouse embryonic liver explants. Cell Transplant 2001;10:81¨C89.
+ J0 N' k+ M: A9 B% |& c" \% ]; [4 N- \% A4 u
Nierhoff D, Ogawa A, Oertel M et al. Purification and characterization of mouse fetal liver epithelial cells with high in vivo repopulation capacity. Hepatology 2005;42:130¨C139.
# S3 n4 f9 S: \3 k0 X1 _5 q) P
: o# W. ]* Y( ]) nMinguet S, Cortegano I, Gonzalo P et al. A population of c-Kit(low)(CD45/TER119)- hepatic cell progenitors of 11-day postcoitus mouse embryo liver reconstitutes cell-depleted liver organoids. J Clin Invest 2003;112:1152¨C1163.
* |( Q, a" V/ t5 g, F# ^  V! d0 t
* r8 |0 e* ?) N1 nSekhon SS, Tan X, Micsenyi A et al. Fibroblast growth factor enriches the embryonic liver cultures for hepatic progenitors. Am J Pathol 2004;164:2229¨C2240.
$ f9 I0 g+ N# N- }8 x. R; Q6 w' [% S" h& }+ l
Tremblay KD, Zaret KS. Distinct populations of endoderm cells converge to generate the embryonic liver bud and ventral foregut tissues. Dev Biol 2005;280:87¨C99.3 ~" v7 I# c, @) F" x

( H- V3 F, w) A5 ]$ S2 H4 vEngelhardt NV, Factor VM, Yasova AK et al. Common antigens of mouse oval and biliary epithelial cells. Expression on newly formed hepatocytes. Differentiation 1990;45:29¨C37.
% l. a5 Z* u8 W; ^& I. R, Z+ \9 h5 R8 z
Engelhardt NV, Factor VM, Medvinsky AL et al. Common antigen of oval and biliary epithelial cells (A6) is a differentiation marker of epithelial and erythroid cell lineages in early development of the mouse. Differentiation 1993;55:19¨C26.& D% B2 x: B" u; n

. l% v* Y8 N$ u: z- K/ K6 S- _Mitaka T, Kojima T, Mizuguchi T et al. Growth and maturation of small hepatocytes isolated from adult rat liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1995;214:310¨C317.
+ P) f1 Q3 M" g
. D- u  t- A" H2 w3 w( v0 }Mitaka T, Mizuguchi T, Sato F et al. Growth and maturation of small hepatocytes. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1998;13 (suppl):S70¨CS77.
4 J. A8 {. H8 j  ^7 |" p
9 e- }. a3 h- L! u6 d/ m/ pOverturf K, Al-Dhalimy M, Ou C-N et al. Serial transplantation reveals the stem-cell-like regenerative potential of adult mouse hepatocytes. Am J Pathol 1997;151:1273¨C1280.8 T6 L* b" l2 U, k7 W# B' j7 ^/ i; }
. B( n  ?9 a- W7 [, V+ T' _
Fujikawa T, Hirose T, Fujii H et al. Purification of adult hepatic progenitor cells using green fluorescent protein (GFP)-transgenic mice and fluorescence-activated cell sorting. J Hepatol 2003;39:162¨C170.
( Y. A% x6 q. k! }: S, m3 ~* `& c2 v, Z5 `
Azuma H, Hirose T, Fujii H et al. Enrichment of hepatic progenitor cells from adult mouse liver. Hepatology 2003;37:1385¨C1394.- @7 ^  g: R/ X% a

& x" q7 E9 ~+ U% ?. ~% STateno C, Yoshizato K. Growth and differentiation in culture of clonogenic hepatocytes that express both phenotypes of hepatocytes and biliary epithelial cells. Am J Pathol 1996;149:1593¨C1605.
3 e3 U' m" g0 f& l
; k! m: |. ]% ?" z4 C9 O: ZTateno C, Yoshizato K. Long-term cultivation of adult rat hepatocytes that undergo multiple cell divisions and express parenchymal phenotypes. Am J Pathol 1996;148:383¨C392.
- d3 B8 f" Z; f; f8 \1 ~1 Q' e+ |5 k: t+ F; U& F
Koenig S, Krause P, Drabent B et al. The expression of mesenchymal, neural and haematopoietic stem cell markers in adult hepatocytes proliferating in vitro. J Hepatol 2006;44:1115¨C1124.* ?! G) E4 M. z9 y8 f; ~# n, x
! V9 o1 o5 C. O5 M( t
Grisham JW, Thorgeirsson SS. Liver stem cells. In: Potter CS, ed. STEM CELLS. London: Academic Press, 1997;233¨C282.7 o1 E# k0 A3 |" |2 o3 X7 i
; b& @, R# b3 j! J  J( K& i! ~
Oh SH, Hatch HM, Petersen BE. Hepatic oval ¡®stem¡¯ cell in liver regeneration. Semin Cell Dev Biol 2002;13:405¨C409.8 h/ x4 |- k. ]9 r; S+ P

2 J( ]& Y0 G9 _0 m0 L  Y1 u9 ^% D8 Y5 DGrisham JW, Hartroft WS. Morphologic identification by electron microscopy of "oval" cells in experimental hepatic degeneration. Lab Invest 1961;10:317¨C332.
+ P6 v+ }1 E% E0 Z; B
0 T9 V7 u$ r8 P/ n6 YAlison MR, Golding M, Sarraf CE et al. Liver damage in the rat induces hepatocyte stem cells from biliary epithelial cells. Gastroenterology 1996;110:1182¨C1190.; o3 S& t3 ~$ H: I* g
% g7 r; L4 v" f, g: ]
Paku S, Schnur J, Nagy P et al. Origin and structural evolution of the early proliferating oval cells in rat liver. Am J Pathol 2001;158:1313¨C1323.2 V2 T8 r, V5 l; d

: C' k* Z( t/ Z+ B/ ]Golding M, Sarraf CE, Lalani EN et al. Oval cell differentiation into hepatocytes in the acetylaminofluorene-treated regenerating rat liver. Hepatology 1995;22:1243¨C1253.
8 \: O/ v  O+ N$ Z) @1 @, B* [; }3 J0 Q' T# e" s8 ~
Paku S, Nagy P, Kopper L et al. 2-Acetylaminofluorene dose-dependent differentiation of rat oval cells into hepatocytes: Confocal and electron microscopic studies. Hepatology 2004;39:1353¨C1361.
7 I5 J- c: ^! D
& X) Q  b; a3 ~6 r1 y% BPetersen BE, Grossbard B, Hatch H et al. Mouse A6-positive hepatic oval cells also express several hematopoietic stem cell markers. Hepatology 2003;37:632¨C640.
) F# f3 e/ a& P
! o0 R) v# _# y: sQuintana-Bustamante O, Alvarez-Barrientos A, Kofman AV et al. Hematopoietic mobilization in mice increases the presence of bone marrow-derived hepatocytes via in vivo cell fusion. Hepatology 2006;43:108¨C116." L% Q+ A8 J! N8 I0 Z* X+ r- A
3 k( a/ y: a3 w: o& ^2 a
Menthena A, Deb N, Oertel M et al. Bone marrow progenitors are not the source of expanding oval cells in injured liver. STEM CELLS 2004;22:1049¨C1061.
+ T5 v8 J! D, ]$ \& t8 n, M
/ s/ T, d% m4 b" B/ _( w) X0 YLaconi S, Pillai S, Porcu PP et al. Massive liver replacement by transplanted hepatocytes in the absence of exogenous growth stimuli in rats treated with retrorsine. Am J Pathol 2001;158:771¨C777.
3 g4 {1 m' H& Y7 I7 Z) X' p! L
0 k3 x; P- I- Y$ n$ @2 {- f( ^. qLaconi E, Oren R, Mukhopadhyay DK et al. Long-term, near-total liver replacement by transplantation of isolated hepatocytes in rats treated with retrorsine. Am J Pathol 1998;153:319¨C329.
6 H* ^! \; `9 K6 m9 p
  }8 E: S) I9 }0 U: K# FGordon GJ, Coleman WB, Hixson DC et al. Liver regeneration in rats with retrorsine-induced hepatocellular injury proceeds through a novel cellular response. Am J Pathol 2000;156:607¨C619.8 _" V# X9 Y; o
( G. S* p$ h3 J+ G. J8 ^
Gordon GJ, Coleman WB, Grisham JW. Temporal analysis of hepatocyte differentiation by small hepatocyte-like progenitor cells during liver regeneration in retrorsine-exposed rats. Am J Pathol 2000;157:771¨C786.
$ _; Y. M% k, s
# o+ r7 {: k% X. D* xGordon GJ, Butz GM, Grisham JW et al. Isolation, short-term culture, and transplantation of small hepatocyte-like progenitor cells from retrorsine-exposed rats. Transplantation 2002;73:1236¨C1243.
, q% E% z# M1 e; ?1 H. S9 K7 q3 u
2 l: E& e2 ^0 b/ w2 |Li W-L, Su J, Yao Y-C et al. Isolation and characterization of bipotent liver progenitor cells from adult mouse. STEM CELLS 2006;24:322¨C332.' N' t/ `( j# ?2 v

! l/ {5 ]% S6 W+ x* \* O# W$ cBaumann U, Crosby HA, Ramani P et al. Expression of the stem cell factor receptor c-kit in normal and diseased pediatric liver: Identification of a human hepatic progenitor cell? Hepatology 1999;30:112¨C117.' j) p7 b6 [9 j
! t' w/ g! n; k# ?# @0 \
Nowak G, Ericzon BG, Nava S et al. Identification of expandable human hepatic progenitors which differentiate into mature hepatic cells in vivo. Gut 2005;54:972¨C979.
. ~3 r* _  @4 L/ f6 a+ R9 G. Q0 m# y6 T, ~; C
Haruna Y, Saito K, Spaulding S et al. Identification of bipotential progenitor cells in human liver development. Hepatology 1996;23:476¨C481.
/ z) W& g, A7 w* S4 Q$ l- z$ R" m6 M2 [
UNOS. United Network of Organ Sharing Online. Available at http://www.unos.org/data. Accessed February 21, 2006.* f0 r8 m# y- I" w6 n* P. W' F
. ?: j, i! ~+ O) a9 `8 t/ K
Oren R, Dabeva MD, Petkov PM et al. Restoration of serum albumin levels in nagase analbuminemic rats by hepatocyte transplantation. Hepatology 1999;29:75¨C81.; f0 z- y! A6 Z% e1 i4 d1 R
3 T: j# t) R( L1 D2 X
Baccarani U, Adani GL, Sainz M et al. Human hepatocyte transplantation for acute liver failure: State of the art and analysis of cell sources. Transplant Proc 2005;37: 2702¨C2704.9 C& h9 J  B9 c1 x  n6 E6 S

1 Q) y, s/ c" h, OBilir BM, Guinette D, Karrer F et al. Hepatocyte transplantation in acute liver failure. Liver Transpl 2000;6:32¨C40.6 F  F$ G+ G, I' A* s  V" I' P
7 Z3 w! r' M8 U6 T  G: q
Fox IJ, Chowdhury JR, Kaufman S et al. Brief report: Treatment of the Criggler-Najar syndrome type I with hepatocyte transplantation. N Engl J Med 1998;338:1422¨C1426.
! |4 C' _+ e6 ]% f* l
8 H+ @+ B  I' q' M. VStrom SC, Chowdhury JR, Fox IJ. Hepatocyte transplantation for the treatment of human disease. Semin Liver Dis 1999;19:39¨C48.7 Z7 _/ ]" `7 z  B$ M, Y+ l- L

) [; R4 ~! G3 B' S, J4 O% QMooney DJ, Sano K, Kaufmann PM et al. Long-term engraftment of hepatocytes transplanted on biodegradable polymer sponges. J Biomed Mater Res 1997;37:413¨C420.
& `' V4 H: S7 c' ]5 y, S9 M# ^7 I5 H0 o- `. b! `
Gupta S, Gorla GR, Irani AN. Hepatocyte transplantation: Emerging insights into mechanisms of liver repopulation and their relevance to potential therapies. J Hepatol 1999;30:162¨C170.
0 ?& Z+ I( e3 P' c' r- n
1 K* F% \, @0 }; u- Q1 _, p  hCai J, Ito M, Nagata H et al. Treatment of liver failure in rats with end-stage cirrhosis by transplantation of immortalized hepatocytes. Hepatology 2002;36:386¨C394.9 L4 o, x$ }$ F$ R
' M' p+ w6 t6 q* Z! |
Sell S, Leffert HL. An evaluation of cellular lineages in the pathogenesis of experimental hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology 1982;2:77¨C86.
3 u8 O1 B3 _6 a- A! W2 [, ~: ?' E* N+ K, C2 `
Hixson DC, Faris RA, Thompson NL. An antigenic portrait of the liver during carcinogenesis. Pathobiology 1990;58:65¨C77.
) R) j% L9 p- Z0 I, q9 V1 V
! b, R1 O5 o8 s  NFaris RA, Monfils BA, Dunsford HA et al. Antigenic relationship between oval cells and a subpopulation of hepatic foci, nodules, and carcinomas induced by the "resident hepatocyte" model system. Cancer Res 1991;51:1308¨C1317.' S6 g$ `0 @. p

! B# E  W3 C; D6 V3 WLibbrecht L, Bielen D, Verslype C et al. Focal lesions in cirrhotic explant livers: Pathological evaluation and accuracy of pretransplantation imaging examinations. Liver Transpl 2002;8:749¨C761.
3 V. Q8 N1 [8 ~- a) a1 d: ]. c# L7 m" V; x2 k. k0 X
Sell S, Dunsford HA. Evidence for the stem cell origin of hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma. Am J Pathol 1989;134:1347¨C1363.. M. c8 }4 I6 |" f

# s3 n: L! Q* x7 z: bSantoni-Rugiu E, Nagy P, Jensen MR et al. Evolution of neoplastic development in the liver of transgenic mice co-expressing c-myc and transforming growth factor-alpha. Am J Pathol 1996;149:407¨C428.
3 S2 z7 |1 q1 |, a) b; m7 S5 c1 P+ w) ]& {; O" g
Alison MR, Lovell MJ. Liver cancer: The role of stem cells. Cell Prolif 2005;38:407¨C421.( m. c2 `! N( d/ C( T! ]+ m
0 {- k4 v3 g- K+ Q3 N9 W
Falkowski O, An HJ, Ianus IA et al. Regeneration of hepatocyte ¡®buds¡¯ in cirrhosis from intrabiliary stem cells. J Hepatol 2003;39:357¨C364.% e3 q# v5 R* T9 b4 S! e3 ^
; [* V1 g3 x$ _
Roskams TA, Libbrecht L, Desmet VJ. Progenitor cells in diseased human liver. Semin Liver Dis 2003;23:385¨C396.
/ G' v. L) i+ A/ ?* r$ Z* \; c* ]; W, D4 v, F2 }" S8 x
McClelland RE, Coger RN. Effects of enhanced O(2) transport on hepatocytes packed within a bioartificial liver device. Tissue Eng 2004;10:253¨C266.: B% [1 f  Z4 ]& {, ~
: J' k- i- _- N' j3 Q+ b7 E. u
Demetriou AA, Brown RS Jr., Busuttil RW et al. Prospective, randomized, multicenter, controlled trial of a bioartificial liver in treating acute liver failure. Ann Surg 2004;239:660¨C667 discussion 667¨C670.
; w/ r) Z& i1 P9 V8 B
/ U" a! j( @" M  U1 N& q7 iCourt FG, Wemyss-Holden SA, Dennison AR et al. Bioartificial liver support devices: Historical perspectives. ANZ J Surg 2003;73:739¨C748.
7 U: N5 c- Y7 j' ^. O" Z5 Y9 D
Tsiaoussis J, Newsome PN, Nelson LJ et al. Which hepatocyte will it be? Hepatocyte choice for bioartificial liver support systems. Liver Transpl 2001;7:2¨C10.
2 d' M- N$ P( ~% n: c2 [: w9 o' B+ E2 _/ [" i, ?0 s0 Q
Nagamori S, Hasumura S, Matsuura T et al. Developments in bioartificial liver research: Concepts, performance, and applications. J Gastroenterol 2000;35:493¨C503.
* p: Z$ Y- x+ R- I+ }
2 f' L. q9 n3 o2 r' c  d) |5 xPark JK, Lee DH. Bioartificial liver systems: Current status and future perspective. J Biosci Bioeng 2005;99:311¨C319.% ^$ l: E8 g1 R0 w

% E- t0 f& w1 r- cNIH Stem Cell Information. Appendix E.i. How Do Researchers Use Markers to Identify Stem Cells? Available at http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/scireport/appendixe.asp#eii. Accessed January 25, 2006.

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-5-21 15:25 |只看该作者
有才的不在少数啊  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-6-7 18:36 |只看该作者
今天临床的资料更新很多呀