查看: 16313|回复: 4
go

美法院允许联邦政府继续资助人类胚胎干细胞研究

积分
威望
包包

小小研究员

发表于 2011-4-30 13:38 |显示全部帖子
新华网华盛顿4月29日电 美国一家联邦上诉法院29日作出裁决,允许美国联邦政府继续资助人类胚胎干细胞研究。这是美国人类胚胎干细胞研究支持者取得的一个重要阶段性胜利。
1 w: S0 }# s" b  f; P; b  哥伦比亚特区巡回上诉法院当天在裁决书中宣布,撤销美国一地方法院法官去年发布的人类胚胎干细胞研究临时禁令。判决书还认为,联邦资金资助人类胚胎干细胞研究似乎并不违反美国相关法律。
$ w; y# e6 e$ X1 z, T  去年8月23日,哥伦比亚特区地方法院法官罗伊斯・兰伯思针对两位美国干细胞研究人员提起的诉讼发布临时禁令,以违反法律等为由禁止联邦资金资助人类胚胎干细胞研究。兰伯思认为,国会曾经通过的一份修正案 “明确禁止”用联邦资金资助所有需要破坏人类胚胎的研究,而所有人类胚胎干细胞研究都会包含破坏胚胎的步骤,因此美国国家卫生研究院颁布的人类胚胎干细胞研究规范违反了该修正案。9 x/ d' c; Q( y: i- b
  但哥伦比亚特区巡回上诉法院在最新裁决中指出,上述修正案存在“模糊”之处,美国国家卫生研究院有理由认为,该修正案虽然禁止从胚胎中提取干细胞的破坏性行为,但并未禁止联邦资金资助那些仅使用人类胚胎干细胞的研究项目。上诉法院据此宣布兰伯思去年发布的临时禁令无效。1 m5 R1 f/ R% s+ x. y
  美国白宫一名发言人当天表示,上诉法院的裁决对美国科学家和全世界的患者来说是一个“胜利”,患者们将会从干细胞研究所带来的医学突破中受益。
  F+ {- V$ i9 j0 m  人类胚胎干细胞研究在美国颇受争议。2001年,美国前任总统布什规定联邦资金仅准许用于资助已经存在的胚胎干细胞研究。现任总统奥巴马2009年通过行政命令解除了上述限制,美国国家卫生研究院随之于当年出台胚胎干细胞研究规范。

积分
威望
包包

小小研究员

发表于 2011-4-30 13:43 |显示全部帖子
腾讯财经讯 北京时间4月30日凌晨,路透社头条刊文《美法院支持设立胚胎干细胞研究基金》,现全文摘要如下:
/ K1 T; e8 F" p( {' P美国一家上诉法院周五裁定,奥巴马政府可以继续使用联邦政府的钱来为人类胚胎干细胞的研究设立研究基金,这项研究将可能为许多疾病带来创新疗法。
& M, l! ]& @* B7 j该上述法院周五翻转了一个联邦法官此前的裁决。这名联邦法官此前裁决称,美国国立卫生研究院(NIH)从事此项研究违反了美国的法律因为这给损毁了胚胎,而这也使其他从事成体干细胞研究的研究者在获得联邦政府资金方面处于十分不利的地位。人类胚胎干细胞研究的反对者——其中包括许多宗教保守派——认为这是不可接受的,因为它破坏了人类胚胎。(忆松)

积分
威望
包包
发表于 2011-4-30 19:15 |显示全部帖子
支持!!!!!

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

发表于 2011-5-2 10:30 |显示全部帖子
干细胞之家微信公众号
First patient treated in stem cell study  (from the washington post,2010-10 )
1 \/ i. _6 z( l5 F+ v
; C# r0 B* v' x# {The first patient has been treated with human embryonic stem cells in the first study authorized by the Food and Drug Administration to test the controversial therapy.6 g) H0 ]; {$ i; S3 g
" W/ i5 a' Z+ j% C/ k% w& S
A patient who was partially paralyzed by a spinal cord injury had millions of embryonic stem cells injected into the site of the damage, according to an announcement early Monday by the Geron Corp. of Menlo Park, Calif., which is sponsoring the groundbreaking study.
( V' |' _" N% H0 P! z6 R, ^3 [
5 F6 }3 Z) T% ~: q& E0 AThe patient was treated at the Shepherd Center, a 132-bed hospital in Atlanta that specializes in spinal cord and brain injuries, Geron said. The hospital is one of seven sites participating in the study, which is primarily aimed at testing whether the therapy is safe. Doctors will, however, also conduct a series of specially designed tests to see whether the treatment helps the patients. No additional information about the first patient was released.
# N+ |3 @$ [9 N9 a  {  ^+ R, e5 w% J( j9 R, M2 d$ y& e

3 h: ]9 C* P2 EWith U.S. stem cell treatments limited, some patients have tried other countries. Experimental stem cell treatments offered in China are luring American patients such as 9-year-old Kara Anderson, whose parents took her around the world to help treat her cerebral palsy. (Carlos Javier Ortiz)
/ N5 M( Y8 U5 k5 M% W) |' l" pThe study marks a milestone in stem cell research, which is considered one of the most promising developments in medical research in decades but has been fraught with controversy. Here's a recent story about the study.! o; v8 m5 p6 W
! ^) p" n7 M0 o6 G% l9 B+ B
The announcement comes as the future of federal funding for embryonic stem cell research remains in doubt. A federal judge ruled in August that the Obama administration's more permissive policy for funding the research violated a federal law prohibiting taxpayer money being used for research that involves the destruction of human embryos. The Justice Department is appealing.
( b( [+ [0 {: d6 h+ N& `, V) x: d& I7 F1 V  L7 g$ h  u5 W
6 g5 J. b  k8 P( g1 \
. L  A& z6 {1 @$ E, O5 v/ f
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 2 + 10 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 2  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

发表于 2011-5-2 10:32 |显示全部帖子
干细胞,特别是胚胎干细胞在治疗方面的巨大价值已经是毋庸置疑,开放这方面的研究禁令是大势所趋啊。