积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-3-1 21:59 |显示全部帖子 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 细胞海洋 于 2010-6-19 13:37 编辑 , I) T2 M  s2 p5 b' _6 v0 L- k
: m) |) o) z8 \+ J
FOREWORD) o3 Y( a9 e. r4 Q" N2 m6 P
Stem cell biology is emerging as a field in biology with tremendous therapeutic potential.4 t2 v( L- d% M- d
Making this potential a reality requires an international effort. The recognition6 y( F' k* {! X( x1 r
that such a promising yet multifaceted discipline needs fostering led to the establishment
$ H( m( c1 ?  i1 X" Hof the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR). Central to the efforts of the4 {. O+ c8 i) b2 p5 H
ISSCR is the development of tools to ensure the success of stem cell researchers. What7 m  F/ T2 i  X  H+ Q
better way to do this than to collaborate with Current Protocols to develop this valuable
- J) q$ d# H: N" ^( I6 vcompendium of protocols in stem cell biology?" o: s; z0 ~6 b" N5 o1 [2 L
Stem cell researchers have developed a number of breakthrough techniques, from the& |) w& l, E1 @, g3 i' `7 X. P
derivation and manipulation of pluripotent embryonic stem cells to purification and# \0 Y3 I& ]3 {/ N
transplantation of tissue-restricted stem cells from adult organs. A number of laboratories
( A( Z2 Z  l  Whave become leaders in the field as a result of developing such techniques. The more
: t7 [0 v0 i  \3 vefficient scientists are at implementing new and powerful methodologies in their own; ]2 N" v* f. j
laboratories, the faster stem cell biology will advance our understanding of normal
9 A8 I* l3 d% a! e, [; xdevelopment and lead to the development of therapies. Thus, the availability of quality# ~9 m" N* T, J" k* Z, z) a
protocols will have amajor impact on the success of the entire field. Current Protocols has
4 K4 |, l" b, F( `) v( f+ Ilong been the premier volume for proven in-depth protocols regarding many aspects of3 \* `+ S' B+ R" v6 U- ?
biology, and this volume on stem cell biology will prove a valuable addition to researchers1 `( P. a. `- z
worldwide.
% b& ~; ^! l: V& j+ I, B$ p% L  `4 TExperiments in stem cell biology must be interpreted with great caution as well as/ B, z6 l, C! E+ n
openness to alternative explanations. For example, the recently discovered phenomenon
: P/ e; S2 I( o' d9 x3 a% O; [9 oof cell fusion in vivo or the existence of tissue-restricted blood stem cells in peripheral( v$ Z+ ?" V, h7 Z5 `
tissues were initially misinterpreted as evidence for stem cell trans-differentiation.
# a7 r+ q# u8 I8 J8 m  I/ l: c% \6 QIt is very important that this compendium of protocols highlight potential pitfalls as well* Z4 _5 k- N9 ^/ L; O
as maintain the opportunity for clarification and correction when the need arises. The. Q7 e! N  s: r, P7 c$ M
fact that these protocols will be provided online will help ensure that researchers always
8 ^1 }8 r7 e7 |$ y: G& T" p6 ahave the latest, most up-to-date protocols available to them.
* m5 c/ u6 m$ m# _' k! ]6 N- l+ VThe stem cell field is burgeoning, and, as I have seen within the ISSCR, there is a genuine' p9 h" L9 K# F$ k2 U  n  H
push to share information and interact so that the field can move forward quickly. There6 R+ L8 }- S8 F' M& X
is a drive to develop not only excellent basic research skills but to bring the findings
: J0 K4 C, D6 t( G9 @to clinical use so that patients can benefit. As a Hematology Attending Physician at/ V2 `% s# x1 Y& z
Children’s HospitalBoston, I treat children who have pediatric blood diseases or leukemia
) h: W+ B* e( C6 v# hand am drawn by the need to translate our research findings into therapies to help treat a
1 N% g! f" q' \5 f7 _8 pnumber of diseases. The promise is great, but we need to deliver, and I believe Current# ~! V7 G! K, i# m
Protocols in Stem Cell Biology will help tremendously.
+ y% F3 E' D# v4 KLeonard I. Zon& d7 b7 p9 D$ w5 T! G
Current Protocols in Stem Cell Biology$ a) H6 e) X5 p' S; g9 j: A. m
Published online June 2007 in Wiley Interscience (www.interscience.wiley.com).  u* f, n& F/ Q& p) j. d
DOI: 10.1002/9780470151808.scfores1
; |! v9 I9 s5 }' f4 fCopyright C  2007 John
2 w* |% q0 z; \# |2 V$ H. B
" Y$ M* H- ?% `- ^! V/ a% v  j附件为pdf全文,感谢原创提供者 ,大家回复之后就可以下载了3 U: c3 o, i( j8 d# e% ]4 J
游客,如果你要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 06:59