查看: 489030|回复: 235
go

Involvement of cytosolic Cl - in osmoregulation of -ENaC gene expression [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-4-22 08:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
作者:Naomi Niisato, Douglas C. Eaton, and Yoshinori Marunaka,作者单位:Departments of 1 Molecular Cell Physiology and 3 Respiratory Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602-856 Japan; and 2 Center for Cell and Molecular Signaling and Department of Physiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta
$ n' Z7 P) s3 P" l' H                  % u4 o( o7 E: i' \
                  - G9 \" J6 ?7 d+ j5 X
          $ i) c( w% q, y' u) ^7 i' m
                           A' T; K' u- D: C. }* ?" G, `

+ F3 ~  y( ]6 A5 S7 a& U3 j3 s7 d            ' u+ S, F# W6 V$ t
            : t9 ~& p! P, J: {" {0 U

" K  n; S! U; w                        |2 H2 K9 a- B1 [, t
        3 G5 N2 l, o0 F. G0 p
        ; p. N' \8 k( ~; R0 z
        , F6 D. x% B3 J1 @8 g+ a
          【摘要】
1 N( i$ Z$ R; K) n: a( W  M      Hypotonicity stimulates transepithelial Na   reabsorption in renal A6 cells, but the mechanism for this stimulation is not fully understood. In the present study, we found that hypotonicity stimulated Na   reabsorption through increases in mRNA expression of the -subunit of the epithelial Na   channel ( -ENaC). Hypotonicity decreases cytosolic Cl - concentration; therefore, we hypothesized that hypotonicity-induced decreases in cytosolic Cl - concentration could act as a signal to regulate Na   reabsorption through changes in -ENaC mRNA expression. Treatment with the flavone apigenin, which activates the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter and increases cytosolic Cl - concentration, markedly suppressed the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression. On the other hand, blockade of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter decreases cytosolic Cl - concentration and increased -ENaC mRNA expression and Na   reabsorption. Blocking Cl - channels with 5-nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino)-benzoic acid (NPPB) inhibited the hypotonicity-induced decrease in cytosolic Cl - concentration and suppressed the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression. Coapplication of NPPB and apigenin synergistically suppressed -ENaC mRNA expression. Thus, in every case, changes in cytosolic Cl - concentration were associated with changes in -ENaC mRNA expression and changes in Na   reabsorption: decreases in cytosolic Cl - concentration increased -ENaC mRNA and increased Na   reabsorption, whereas increases in cytosolic Cl - concentration decreased -ENaC mRNA and decreased Na   reabsorption. These findings support the hypothesis that changes in cytosolic Cl - concentration are an important and novel signal in hypotonicity-induced regulation of -ENaC expression and Na   reabsorption. . j5 F( X2 f4 E! q0 m( J4 [1 A1 c
          【关键词】 epithelial sodium channel sodium transport epithelial sodium channel regulation hypotonicity sodiumpotassium chloride cotransporter chloride channels
+ o9 d/ g' X! N                  PARTS OF THE RENAL EPITHELIUM are among a small number of the tissues routinely exposed to variable extracellular osmolality under physiological conditions that require cellular responses to maintain appropriate cellular volume and osmolality. Hypotonicity causes initial cell swelling followed by regulatory volume decrease (RVD) to return cell volume toward the original volume. The mechanism generating RVD is well understood; i.e., KCl release occurs through volume-sensitive K   and Cl - channels leading to a substantial decrease in cytosolic Cl - concentration. Generally, the increase in membrane tension associated with hypotonicity-induced increases in cell volume is viewed as the signal that initiates RVD. However, while the release of KCl in the face of a hypotonic challenge efficiently returns cell volume to normal, the changes in the intracellular environment associated with RVD have other consequences. In particular, the large change in cytosolic Cl - concentration has been reported to modify gene expression [e.g., cytosolic Cl - regulates the cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 gene expression in macula densa cells ( 5, 34 ), the activity of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter in dog tracheal cells ( 13, 14 ) and in human trabecular meshwork cells ( 27 )].9 s  @- Q$ ~& x. U( ?* [' l+ \

! `1 W/ O2 D: |3 l% V+ IMany of the renal epithelial cells that are exposed to varying tonicity have an additional problem associated with regulating their volume: they are involved in the transport of large quantities of NaCl and water, often times turning over the total cellular content of sodium in a matter of minutes. Renal Na   reabsorption plays an essential role in the regulation of total body Na   balance, extracellular fluid (ECF) volume, and blood pressure ( 10, 11, 15 ). Thus it would not be surprising if Na   transport were altered by the hypotonicity-induced changes in cell volume in a manner consistent with maintaining normal plasma osmolality; i.e., reduced tonicity would promote increased Na   reabsorption to increase plasma tonicity toward normal. In fact, in A6 cells, a tissue culture model of distal nephron Na   transport, we and others previously showed that significant reductions in tonicity enhance Na   transport ( 6, 26, 33 ). In our previous work, the acute ( 1 h) osmoregulation of Na   transport is mainly due to the translocation of epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) protein to the apical membrane mediated by a protein tyrosine kinase-dependent pathway ( 26 )., w# D- k* ?4 E7 z

3 i- q0 a) z$ YIn A6 cells, like many other Na   -transporting epithelia tissues (e.g., kidney, colon, airways, and ducts of several secretory glands), the amiloride-sensitive ENaC is responsible for the majority of transepithelial Na   absorption. ENaC in the apical membrane of Na   -reabsorbing epithelial cells is, under most circumstances, the rate-limiting step for transepithelial Na   transport and, therefore, regulation of ENaC is the principle mechanism by which transepithelial Na   transport is altered. ENaC is composed of three subunits,,, and. Each subunit is thought to play a role in determining the transport properties of ENaC with all three subunits forming a heteromultimeric complex ( 4, 12, 18 ). However, when each subunit (,, or alone) is individually expressed in a Xenopus laevis oocyte system, only the -subunit can produce Na   current ( 3, 21 ). Thus the -subunit of ENaC ( -ENaC) plays an essential role in functional expression of ENaC. This fact is supported by a recent study that shows that in Na   -transporting lung alveolar cells -ENaC is required for any transport and can even act as a Na   -permeable channel in the absence of other subunits ( 16 ). Therefore, in this work, we focused our study on the hypotonicity-induced changes in -ENaC mRNA expression. Our aim in the present study was to explore the mechanism by which chronic reductions in extracellular osmolality stimulate Na   reabsorption. We demonstrate here that hypotonicity-induced changes in cytosolic Cl - concentration are a novel signal regulating -ENaC mRNA expression in renal epithelium., e6 S8 k, v; h
" O' U" d# z+ o. d
MATERIALS AND METHODS: Z' b3 v# u- X0 Y2 H* J! X' z) A) r

4 |( S( r4 X8 ^/ n5 ~5 ZMaterials. NCTC-109 medium and fetal bovine serum were purchased from Invitrogen (Tokyo, Japan). Permeable tissue culture supports (Nunc Tissue Culture Inserts) were obtained from Nunc (Roskilde, Denmark). Benzamil, bumetanide, 5-nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino)-benzoic acid (NPPB), and quercetin were purchased from Sigma (St. Louis, MO). Apigenin was obtained from Calbiochem (San Diego, CA).! D* g- K. `% q0 B* h8 W2 r
/ B) H- w) d5 B9 q, ]+ d* L
Solutions. The 120 NaCl isotonic solution contained 120 mM NaCl, 3.5 mM KCl, 1 mM CaCl 2, 1 mM MgCl 2, and 10 mM HEPES adjusted to pH 7.4. The 60 NaCl hypotonic solution contained 60 mM NaCl, 3.5 mM KCl, 1 mM CaCl 2, 1 mM MgCl 2, and 10 mM HEPES adjusted to pH 7.4.
9 Z) b) l% Y) v
! R1 v7 G3 b8 x# A6 Y# Z7 u2 {8 W% GCell culture. Renal epithelial A6 cells derived from X. laevis were purchased from American Type Culture Collection. A6 cells ( passages 76 - 84 ) were grown on plastic flasks in NCTC-109 medium modified for amphibian cells and supplemented with 10% fetal bovine serum (osmolality 255 mosmol/kgH 2 O) ( 23, 26 ). The flasks were kept in a humidified incubator at 27°C with 1.5% CO 2 in air. Cells were seeded onto Nunc tissue culture supports for Northern blotting or onto Costar supports for electrophysiological measurements at a density of 5 x 10 4 cells/well and were cultured for 11-15 days. When we studied the effect of hypotonicity in the present report, the cells were incubated in isotonic or hypotonic culture medium for the indicated time period just before starting the short-circuit current ( I sc ) measurements or Northern blotting. For example, when the I sc was measured, we applied the 120 NaCl isotonic or 60 NaCl hypotonic solution after incubation of the cells in a isotonic or hypotonic culture medium for the indicated time period.3 ?0 @- S. q/ c: a9 [. \$ O- [
7 E; S' f( X* o6 W9 V
Electrophysiological measurements. I sc and transepithelial conductance ( G t ) were measured as previously described ( 26, 30 ). The benzamil-sensitive I sc and the benzamil-sensitive G t were used as a measure of transepithelial Na   transport and ENaC activity (conductance), respectively ( 26 ). The experiments were performed at 24-25°C.% P/ i5 W! @1 Y' C

2 d, ]9 e; \' d3 YNorthern blot analysis. Total RNA was prepared from monolayers of A6 cells grown on Nunc filter by using RNeasy Mini Kit (Qiagen, Tokyo, Japan). Total RNA of 20 µg was separated on 1.2% agarose-formaldehyde gels and blotted onto a nylon membrane (Hybond N  , Amersham Pharmacia Biotech, Tokyo, Japan). The membrane was hybridized with -ENaC cDNA probe ( 28 ) labeled with a specially developed thermostable alkaline phosphatase enzyme (AlkPhos Direct Labeling and Detection System, Amersham Pharmacia Biotech). Then, the signal in blots was detected by using CDP star chemiluminescent detection reagent (Amersham Pharmacia Biotech). Equal loading of RNA was confirmed by measuring the amount of 18S and 28S rRNA.
$ q% ~3 K9 k! n( z& y1 x6 r
9 L# C& o0 U6 {3 D- J% HData presentation. Statistical comparisons used Student's t -test or ANOVA as appropriate. A P value # o# m( v  `2 B) _  B, m  ~

! \$ u# e! d- B& t: C" DRESULTS' }4 ^6 i; p$ v: U" z' U
& J  d- U& n' O6 L
Our previous study indicates that hypotonicity stimulates Na   reabsorption mainly by increasing the number of ENaC in the apical membrane via transient tyrosine phosphorylation ( 26 ). However, it is unclear whether the hypotonicity-induced increase in apical ENaC protein and Na   reabsorption is, at least in part, due to an increase in ENaC gene expression. Therefore, we assessed the effect of hypotonicity on mRNA expression of -ENaC by exposing monolayers of A6 cells to hypotonic culture medium. We detected a significant hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 1 ).0 [- p  f! g; @$ \
& C% m3 y/ W# [+ b- q
Fig. 1. Hypotonicity induces -epithelial sodium channel ( -ENaC) mRNA expression. A : total RNA was isolated from the A6 cell monolayers, which were exposed to hypotonic culture medium (50% normal osmolality) for the indicated times and subjected to Northern blot analysis with an -ENaC cDNA probe. B : relative -ENaC mRNA expression induced by a hypotonic challenge. Equal loading of RNA was confirmed by the measurement of 18S and 28S rRNA amount. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 4).
9 q" F! L$ ]# F- e8 g
& v6 \/ ~7 D) f+ g8 Z. t7 J+ WTo determine whether a hypotonic-induced increase of -ENaC mRNA expression can also functionally stimulate Na   reabsorption in A6 cell monolayers, we measured the benzamil (a specific blocker of ENaC)-sensitive I sc to estimate the transcellular Na   reabsorption. As shown in Fig. 2 A, the benzamil-sensitive I sc was substantially increased by exposure of A6 cell monolayers to a hypotonic culture medium for 24 h. The benzamil-sensitive G t also increased ( Fig. 2 B ). These results suggest that hypotonicity can stimulate transcellular Na   reabsorption through induction of -ENaC mRNA expression thereby increasing apical ENaC protein. In contrast, hypotonicity eliminated NPPB-sensitive I sc ( Fig. 2 C ) (NPPB is a blocker of apical Cl - channels) even though hypotonicity still significantly increased the NPPB-sensitive G t ( Fig. 2 D ). Based on the DISCUSSION below, this indicates that, in the presence of hypotonic solution, the apical Cl - channels contributing to Cl - release are active but because the basolateral membrane potential appears to be near the chloride reversal potential, the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter in the basolateral membrane contributing to Cl - uptake must be relatively inactive. Cl - transport occurs in two steps: 1 ) Cl - uptake via the basolateral Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter from the serosa into the cell and 2 ) Cl - release via apical Cl - channels from the cell into the apical compartment. The amount of transepithelial Cl - transport can be limited by whichever step has a lower transport activity, channel, or cotransporter. In the present manuscript, we show that hypotonicity increased the conductance but decreased the activity of the cotransporter, suggesting that under hypotonic conditions, the rate-limiting step for Cl - transport would be the cotransporter. Therefore, although the conductance was increased by hypotonicity, the I sc was decreased due to the hypotonicity-induced diminution of the cotransporter activity. On the other hand, for Na   transport, the rate-limiting step is usually the entry step for Na   through ENaC. Therefore, the amiloride-sensitive I sc changes in parallel to the conductance. Furthermore, the hypotonic-induced increase in the NPPB-sensitive conductance is due to an increase in the number of the Cl - channels in the apical membrane.
6 z. ~4 m) i7 q4 s; E$ h5 b" `$ S; c8 A: q) Y& m
Fig. 2. Hypotonicity stimulates Na   reabsorption by increasing the benzamil-sensitive transepithelial conductance ( G t ). Benzamil-sensitive short-circuit current ( I sc; A ), benzamil-sensitive G t ( B ), 5-nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino)-benzoic acid (NPPB)-sensitive I sc ( C ), and NPPB-sensitive G t ( D ) were measured under isotonic and hypotonic conditions. The I sc and G t were measured in A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium or an isotonic culture medium. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 6).5 o0 J9 n6 E% P, P- a

/ f' _3 F9 f& `' W& Q# k8 I8 ]Our next question was to clarify how hypotonicity induces -ENaC mRNA expression. Hypotonicity causes biphasic cell volume changes; i.e., initial cell swelling followed by RVD ( 25 ). Because RVD is associated with a drastic decrease in cytosolic Cl - concentration, we examined the possible role of cytosolic Cl - in regulating Na   reabsorption and -ENaC mRNA expression. Generally, the cytosolic Cl - concentration is determined by the balance between Cl - uptake through the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter at the basolateral membrane and Cl - secretion through Cl - channels at the apical membrane. This implies that cytosolic Cl - concentration will increase when Cl - secretion is inhibited by Cl - channel blockers such as NPPB and will decrease when Cl - uptake is blocked by inhibitors of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter such as bumetanide. In response to hypotonicity, if KCl release is blocked by the chloride channel blocker NPPB, the decrease in cytosolic Cl - concentration associated with RVD would be impaired and the cytosolic Cl - concentration would remain at a level higher than without NPPB treatment. Therefore, we examined the effect of NPPB on the changes in -ENaC mRNA expression induced by hypotonic media. For these experiments, cells were incubated in an isotonic culture medium containing 100 µM NPPB for 30 min. Then, the media was changed to either an isotonic or a hypotonic culture medium containing 100 µM NPPB for 24 h (for a total exposure to 100 µM NPPB of 24 h 30 min). Treatment with NPPB suppressed the -ENaC mRNA expression under both isotonic and hypotonic conditions ( Fig. 3, A and C ). This result suggests that the increased cytosolic Cl - concentration produced by NPPB treatment suppressed basal (isotonic) and hypotonicity-induced -ENaC mRNA expression and that cytosolic Cl - plays a key role in the regulation of -ENaC mRNA expression. On the other hand, to study effects of the decreased cytosolic Cl - concentration on -ENaC mRNA expression, we used a blocker of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter bumetanide to reduce cytosolic Cl - concentration. Under the isotonic (basal) conditions, treatment with bumetanide increased -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 3, B and C ). However, bumetanide did not affect the hypotonicity-induced -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 3, B and C ). This is consistent with the observation described above ( Fig. 2 C ) that there is no measurable NPPB-sensitive I sc in hypotonic media despite the fact that hypotonicity increased NPPB-sensitive G t above that in isotonic solution ( Fig. 2 D ). This indicates that the apical Cl - channels are functional under the hypotonic condition even though there is no transcellular Cl - transport. Taken together, these observations suggest that the elimination of transcellular Cl - transport under hypotonic conditions is due to a reduction in activity of the bumetanide-sensitive Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter. If the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter is inactive, then bumetanide will have no effect on cytosolic Cl - concentration and will also have no effect on -ENaC mRNA expression under the hypotonic conditions. On the other hand, under the isotonic conditions, bumetanide blocks a functional cotransporter and slightly decreases cytosolic Cl - concentration, which induced -ENaC mRNA expression.
. X0 }+ ?8 t4 [. K- \, r. B
" M" L# `5 [5 U7 q+ M6 E9 Z/ G6 \8 qFig. 3. NPPB (a Cl - channel blocker) inhibits the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression. -ENaC mRNA expression was determined by Northern blot analysis. A : effects of NPPB (100 µM) on the basal (isotonic) and hypotonicity-induced -ENaC mRNA expression. -ENaC mRNA was measured in lysates from A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted) or an isotonic culture medium (normal). B : effects of bumetanide (BMT; 100 µM) on the basal (isotonic) and hypotonicity-induced -ENaC mRNA expression. C : relative -ENaC mRNA expression under the conditions described above. HYPO (-), isotonic condition; HYPO ( ), hypotonic condition; NS, not significant. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 3). * P   c( |& [7 X; w) A3 E( ?4 Y

N4 \& [( o+ N2 R0 C" mAs mentioned above, treatment with NPPB for 24 h significantly diminished the expression of -ENaC mRNA. Therefore, we examined whether NPPB also reduces the hypotonicity-stimulated Na   reabsorption. NPPB of 100 µM after which treatment of A6 cell monolayers for 24 h markedly decreased the hypotonicity-induced, benzamil-sensitive I sc ( Fig. 4 A ) and benzamil-sensitive G t ( Fig. 4 B ); however, treatment with bumetanide had no effect on the hypotonic-induced benzamil-sensitive I sc ( Fig. 4 A ) or the benzamil-sensitive G t ( Fig. 4 B ). On the other hand, under the isotonic conditions, treatment of A6 cells with 100 µM bumetanide for 24 h increased the benzamil-sensitive I sc from 0.19 ± 0.02 to 0.42 ± 0.03 µA/cm 2 ( n = 4, P
8 K2 e7 S! ~1 k
7 O- G* c9 D, O0 OFig. 4. Effects of NPPB and BMT on the hypotonicity-stimulated Na   reabsorption. The benzamil-sensitive I sc ( A ) and benzamil-sensitive G t ( B ) were measured in A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted). HYPO, hypotonic treatment without NPPB or BMT; HYPO   NPPB, hypotonic treatment with 100 µM NPPB; HYPO   BMT, hypotonic treatment with 100 µM BMT. NPPB significantly reduced the benzamil-sensitive I sc associated with a decrease in the benzamil-sensitive G t. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 6). * P
2 Y; K# o, m- f4 l' @  S/ c% J2 L; ]: c
Apigenin activates the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter ( 22 ) and thereby promotes accumulation of cytosolic Cl -. Therefore, we applied apigenin to increase cytosolic Cl - concentration under both hypotonic and isotonic conditions. Treatment with 100 µM apigenin in the apical and basolateral culture media inhibited the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 5 ). Furthermore, pretreatment with both apigenin and NPPB (to prevent secretion) strongly inhibited hypotonicity-induced increases in -ENaC mRNA expression to a level less than 30% of control ( Fig. 5 ). We also examined the effects of apigenin (100 µM) on the -ENaC mRNA expression under basal (isotonic) conditions with or without 100 µM NPPB. Under basal (isotonic) conditions, apigenin treatment without NPPB showed a tendency to suppress the -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 5 ). Furthermore, the simultaneous treatment with apigenin and NPPB was more effective in the suppression than the sole treatment with apigenin or NPPB alone ( Fig. 5 ), because cytosolic Cl - concentration should become much higher after the simultaneous application of apigenin and NPPB rather than the sole application of either apigenin or NPPB.
# |# E5 U7 u; Q% |$ A+ n9 `1 N5 ]& h; k& r: n
Fig. 5. Apigenin and NPPB inhibit the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression. A : -ENaC mRNA was measured in lysates from A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted) or an isotonic medium (normal) with or without 100 µM NPPB and 100 µM apigenin. B : relative -ENaC mRNA expression induced by hypotonicity with or without 100 µM apigenin and 100 µM NPPB. HYPO (-), isotonic condition; HYPO ( ), hypotonic condition. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 3). * P . d, ]1 B/ B% t! v7 C! K: f
. S' \8 j( m; z0 F& Y9 F: s
To assess the effects of apigenin on the Na   reabsorption, the benzamil-sensitive I sc and G t were measured in A6 cells treated with or without apigenin. Incubation of A6 cell monolayers with 100 µM apigenin diminished the benzamil-sensitive I sc and G t in the hypotonic culture medium (HYPO in Fig. 6 ), but not in the isotonic medium (ISO in Fig. 6 ). These results suggest that the increased cytosolic Cl - concentration diminished the hypotonicity-induced transcellular Na   reabsorption by suppressing the ENaC activity and that cytosolic Cl - controls not only the -ENaC mRNA expression level but also the functional level of the ENaC.7 T% D4 x6 z( H6 V5 x" [. f
& r7 A# v9 T3 f. y) i1 M
Fig. 6. Reduction of the hypotonicity-induced, benzamil-sensitive I sc by apigenin (APIG). The benzamil-sensitive I sc ( A ) and benzamil-sensitive G t ( B ) were measured under isotonic (ISO) and hypotonic conditions. The I sc and G t were measured in A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted) or an isotonic medium (normal) with or without 100 µM apigenin. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 6). * P
4 @. ^% G9 p. g
- z; x' P  \+ o$ h# ]6 M) jFurthermore, to confirm whether a flavone, in general, diminishes the -ENaC mRNA expression and Na   reabsorption by activating the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter, we examined the effect of another flavone, quercetin, on the -ENaC mRNA expression and the Na   reabsorption, because quercetin, like apigenin, activates the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter ( 24 ), resulting in an increase in cytosolic Cl - concentration. Treatment with 100 µM quercetin under basal (isotonic) and hypotonic conditions abolished the -ENaC mRNA expression ( Fig. 7 ) and Na   reabsorption ( Fig. 8 ). This result strongly suggests that apigenin and quercetin suppressed the -ENaC mRNA expression and the Na   reabsorption by increasing cytosolic Cl - concentration via activation of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter.1 [9 M' C2 u' n2 P% x

6 n) K- D4 Y2 f' d& _Fig. 7. Quercetin and NPPB inhibit the hypotonicity-induced increase in -ENaC mRNA expression. A : -ENaC mRNA expression was measured in lysates from A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted) or an isotonic medium (normal) with or without 100 µM NPPB and 100 µM quercetin. B : relative -ENaC mRNA expression induced by hypotonicity with or without 100 µM quercetin and 100 µM NPPB. HYPO (-), isotonic condition; HYPO ( ), hypotonic condition. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 3). * P 2 r- e; R. ^+ b" v; J# F. U6 U; P

, s, P! @4 @2 S7 L' d& cFig. 8. Suppression of the hypotonicity-induced benzamil-sensitive I sc by quercetin (QUER). The benzamil-sensitive I sc ( A ) and benzamil-sensitive G t ( B ) were measured under isotonic and hypotonic conditions. The I sc and G t were measured in A6 cell monolayers after 24-h exposure to a hypotonic culture medium (50% diluted) or an isotonic medium (normal) with or without 100 µM quercetin for 24 h. Data are presented as means ± SE ( n = 4). * P
2 }, j* m- v5 @7 R6 g0 ?- X4 F
" \$ b: ]' p7 v4 XDISCUSSION0 M$ Z2 ]; ^( o2 Y5 G5 S
  e5 j! x# T1 z
In this study, we demonstrate a possible mechanism by which a long-term reduction in tonicity can regulate renal Na   reabsorption. Our experiments suggest that hypotonicity reduces cytosolic Cl - concentration, which in turn increases -ENaC mRNA expression and functional ENaC activity. We and others described acute osmoregulation of Na   reabsorption in renal epithelium ( 6, 26, 33 ), and we reported that hypotonicity stimulates Na   reabsorption mainly by increasing the number of functional ENaC channels via a PTK-dependent pathway ( 26 ). However, the question remained open of how cells sense the extracellular osmolality and regulate Na   transport. In the present study, we focused our study on changes that are associated with hypotonic RVD. During RVD, several events occur. First, KCl release occurs through volume-sensitive K   and Cl - channels, so that the absolute amount of Cl - loss is identical to that of K   loss; but because the initial cytosolic Cl - concentration is much lower than cytosolic K  , the relative magnitude of Cl - loss is much larger than that of K   and water loss [refer to our previous article ( 19, 20 )]. For these reasons, cytosolic Cl - concentration is known to decrease during RVD. In the present study, we show that a hypotonic-induced change in cytosolic Cl - concentration might act as a signal to regulate Na   reabsorption by altering ENaC gene expression. In particular, we demonstrate that 1 ) elevation of cytosolic Cl - concentration (produced by either blocking apical Cl - efflux channels or activating basolateral influx via the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter) suppresses the hypotonicity-induced -ENaC expression, 2 ) reduction of cytosolic Cl - concentration (produced by blocking the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter) enhances -ENaC expression, and 3 ) an increase in Na   reabsorption is associated with the hypotonicity-induced increases in -ENaC expression.% X# g0 W' b1 c5 Y- P* t& X
* Q, t0 q* E) G1 D4 p- @
Our preliminary observations on the cytosolic Cl - and K   concentrations using Cl - - and K   -sensitive fluorescent dyes indicate that the cytosolic Cl - concentration was changed by application of bumetanide or flavones but that the cytosolic K   concentration was not significantly altered. This observation is not surprising because, in epithelial cells, the initial cytosolic K   concentration is much higher than the initial cytosolic Cl - concentration. Our measurements show that the cytosolic K   concentration is 120 mM (meq/l) and the cytosolic Cl - concentration is 40-60 mM (meq/l). When the same amounts of Cl - and K   move into or out of the cytosol, the cytosolic Cl - concentration can change substantially without a proportionally large change in cytosolic K   concentration ( 19 ). Therefore, although, in theory, the effect of bumetanide or flavones on -ENaC mRNA expression and/or Na   transport could be secondary to a change in intracellular potassium concentration, because of the magnitude of the changes in ion concentrations, we suggest that the effects of the two agents are most likely mediated through changes in cytosolic Cl -. Nevertheless, an examination of the effects of cytosolic K   on -ENaC mRNA expression and/or Na   transport may be appropriate.
8 ?4 n5 P# c8 D9 v" V
6 [5 W& i6 T3 H! r& LIn this paper, we only examined the effect of hypotonicity and cytosolic Cl - on -ENaC expression. However, the -ENaC subunit alone can form an amiloride-sensitive cation channel ( 2, 17 ). Therefore, an increase in -ENaC by itself is sufficient to increase Na   transport. On the other hand, -ENaC often forms together with - and -ENaC subunits an amiloride-sensitive cation channel, increasing the Na   transport. Nonetheless, the -subunit is the ionophoric component so that an increase in expression of -ENaC will increase transport regardless of the nature of the channel formed from the new -ENaC.
7 P2 |9 B+ }2 e) C: R! E5 p
* n  v: \) f* g- EA literature report ( 29 ) indicates that hypotonicity increases Na   transport in A6 cells by augmenting SGK1 expression. This stimulation is observed within 15 min after exposure to hypotonic solutions. We also previously reported that hypotonicity increased Na   transport in A6 by translocating ENaC channel preexisting in a subapical intracellular pool to the apical membrane via a calmodulin-dependent pathway ( 25, 30 ) and that this stimulation of Na   transport was observed within 15 min after application of hypotonicity. Taken together, these observations suggest that hypotonicity increases Na   transport by augmenting SGK1 expression at early times after exposure to hypotonicity and by increasing ENaC expression if the hypotonicity is sustained for a longer period of time.
' d# }4 e& j( n6 ~: c: q6 `3 s: K- q) E6 @) c
As mentioned above, we focused our present study on the hypotonic action on ENaC mRNA expression and Na   transport, which relatively slowly appears compared with the hypotonic action on the ENaC protein preexisting in the cytosolic space (e.g., trafficking of the ENaC protein). Some previous studies including ours ( 26, 29, 30 ) indicate that hypotonicity increases the Na   transport within 15 min after application of hypotonicity. Specifically, Rozansky and colleagues ( 29 ) showed the effect on ENaC within 15 min after application of hypotonicity does not depend on transcription of mRNA but if hypotonicity persists for longer than 30 min, mRNA transcription is increased including SGK1 mRNA. In the present study, we indicate that hypotonicity began to elevate -ENaC mRNA 1 h after hypotonic shock. Therefore, although the SGK1 action on -ENaC mRNA is still unclear, it is possible that hypotonicity, besides increasing -ENaC mRNA, could also increase sodium transport by activating SGK1.
! B/ @8 p+ {& e; c- H5 i2 F0 h0 n3 S/ k+ c' `7 I, R
In loading gels, we attempted to carefully load equal amounts of RNA. We apparently succeeded because, even if we normalized our mRNA amounts based the density of the 18S and 28S rRNA bands, the results were not significantly different than uncorrected values.
1 l9 A  U; e+ [& ?+ w. t
: a6 X5 C2 Y/ v# ^% G0 mThe I sc value shown in the present report is identical to that previously reported from our laboratory (e.g., 26). This low value compared with that reported from other laboratories ( 29 ) is due to the culture medium and filter substrate.
8 e. Q( X! p5 U! s! s) ]+ `/ l- [: x2 }. x% J  ]7 F0 W* o! O
Interestingly, cytosolic Cl - regulates -ENaC mRNA expression under both the isotonic and hypotonic conditions. This implies that cytosolic Cl - always has a crucial function in controlling -ENaC mRNA expression and is not just a special signal involved only in hypotonicity-mediated responses. Recent studies demonstrate the importance of cytosolic Cl - for several fundamental cellular responses, regulation of ion transporter function, and control of gene expression; e.g., in macula densa cells, lowering Cl - stimulates PGE 2 release and COX-2 expression through activation of MAP kinases ( 5, 34 ), and a decrease in cytosolic Cl - concentration and/or cell volume plays a key role in regulation of the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter in dog tracheal cells ( 13, 14 ) and human trabecular meshwork cells ( 27 ).
, @- H( X, G2 t: ~7 S9 Q4 h  s0 \
: I& g3 j; K% ]  Y, ^+ lUsually inhibitors of ion transporters and ion channels are developed and widely used for studies of ion transport. However, to our knowledge, activators for ion transporters and ion channels are more rarely available and used. However, recent reports describe the action of flavones, multifunctional compounds extracted from soy beans and other plants, on cell cycle, apoptosis, ion transport, and gene expression ( 22, 32, 35 ). In our previous report, we showed that flavones have stimulatory effects on Cl - secretion by activating the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator Cl - channel and/or the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter depending on the flavone ( 22 ). Recent reports indicated that flavones, especially quercetin, play a role in decreasing blood pressure in the hypertensive rats, although the mechanism is not well understood ( 8, 9 ). On the other hand, Na   reabsorption in the distal nephron contributes to the fine control of total body Na   content and ECF volume, which are important factors in regulating blood pressure. Indeed, quercetin treatment significantly suppressed the -ENaC mRNA expression under both the isotonic and hypotonic conditions. Therefore, we hypothesize that quercetin controls blood pressure by activating the Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransporter, increasing cytosolic Cl - concentration, thereby suppressing ENaC gene expression with a subsequent reduction in blood pressure. Therefore, quercetin, in particular, and flavones, in general, may be candidates for pharmacological regulators of blood pressure through regulation of ENaC expression. Indeed, our recent study reveals that quercetin intake diminished -ENaC mRNA expression in the kidney associated with a reduction of blood pressure elevated by high-salt diet in Dahl salt-sensitive rats ( 1 ).
5 i. q; a( r( }1 e7 I
2 O- `, E' K0 D& SIn the present report, we indicate the possible role of cytosolic Cl - in the regulation of -ENaC mRNA expression. However, the specific mechanism by which cytosolic Cl - can regulate -ENaC mRNA expression is unclear. One report ( 29 ) indicates that SGK1, the expression of which is regulated by hypotonic stress, controls ENaC; therefore, the action of cytosolic Cl - on -ENaC mRNA expression might be mediated by SGK1, but the answer to this question awaits additional experiments.
) l7 j4 P  B. |5 z, M6 r3 }% o9 z+ p/ a5 \: W5 z! |, Q6 K- J, a
GRANTS1 ]5 Q7 G9 y% s$ P# F
5 R9 a5 G0 O( q/ u; ^& C# p# Q- U
This work was supported by Grants-in-Aid from Japan Society of the Promotion of Science (15590189), the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (15659052), The Salt Science Research Foundation (0241), the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare for Nervous and Mental Disorders (15A-4) and for Child Health and Development (14C-6), the grant of a leading project for Biosimulation from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology to Y. Marunaka and N. Niisato, and United States Public Health Service Grants DK-037963 and DK-064399 to D. C. Eaton.
) I# U$ [& k$ }3 k3 N: V  |          【参考文献】
. ]0 \6 K8 u  d2 B* h Aoi W, Niisato N, Miyazaki H, and Marunaka Y. Flavonoid-induced reduction of ENaC expression in the kidney of Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315: 892-896, 2004.
' V/ C- h! s3 n. c; v% q/ P1 e1 }" ?/ A# ~( [( Q

) i1 N3 p" C  i! n6 k  P
/ \/ \: {; x3 ~) n; r5 q6 _/ _Canessa CM, Horisberger JD, and Rossier BC. Epithelial sodium channel related to proteins involved in neurodegeneration. Nature 361: 467-470, 1993.
9 e  [2 Z+ a& {- n+ V% P2 B8 g) k  ]; M# C$ K/ \0 K# l
! j1 C( `' A9 T; H: C
$ E; n8 h- n! k! H
Canessa CM, Schild L, Buell G, Thorens B, Gautschi I, Horisberger JD, and Rossier BC. Amiloride-sensitive epithelial Na   channel is made of three homologous subunits. Nature 367: 463-467, 1994.- F4 K3 y2 L, @4 o4 X- Y+ s
* P7 C* h+ `% E: R* c

+ A6 k( Y" r$ T/ K' ~$ S& R7 m) P6 ^' Z9 \, `( P
Cheng C, Prince LS, Snyder PM, and Welsh MJ. Assembly of the epithelial Na   channel evaluated using sucrose gradient sedimentation analysis. J Biol Chem 273: 22693-22700, 1998.% c8 @/ `) ]: j( J. D

- R' c/ v  U2 L# i1 J* Y6 I
' `  ~4 }: s% Z0 W7 b% l  k# _# b, O4 L
Cheng HF, Wang JL, Zhang MZ, McKanna JA, and Harris RC. Role of p38 in the regulation of renal cortical cyclooxygenase-2 expression by extracellular chloride. J Clin Invest 106: 681-688, 2000.
' @* o- E3 k2 A+ r& d: H/ I2 n; M* E: C! W

}# n/ q' O+ A! o; y
! A7 D9 h5 f& LCrowe WE, Ehrenfeld J, Brochiero E, and Wills NK. Apical membrane sodium and chloride entry during osmotic swelling of renal (A6) epithelial cells. J Membr Biol 144: 81-91, 1995.
# u( o- l3 b# o  n& h0 e* A, r
# f) \9 D* c3 t  _& G
8 V( e4 Z5 [4 e2 W
8 W  h" D$ L$ ~& NDagenais A, Kothary R, and Berthiaume Y. The subunit of the epithelial sodium channel in the mouse: developmental regulation of its expression. Pediatr Res 42: 327-334, 1997.
. H4 i! I. V$ f$ L* _1 _: A6 N8 y. m- l- f
0 H) s6 ?* V8 w
. u1 J9 G7 l( |# |7 B! \
Duarte J, Galisteo M, Ocete MA, Perez-Vizcaino F, Zarzuelo A, and Tamargo J. Effects of chronic quercetin treatment on hepatic oxidative status of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Mol Cell Biochem 221: 155-160, 2001.
6 A/ g! g! J: f6 @6 g% O$ |' ^9 F

1 F8 V/ }# \+ X& |7 M0 m- |8 ?
" g9 B4 Q7 N; ]( d6 h* T- N3 bDuarte J, Perez-Palencia R, Vargas F, Ocete MA, Perez-Vizcaino F, Zarzuelo A, and Tamargo J. Antihypertensive effects of the flavonoid quercetin in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Br J Pharmacol 133: 117-124, 2001.# n, R: e+ [4 K; A; F. }

; d, t8 l) Z5 |/ y0 ?& t6 ^" H  C3 ]: j
1 p; z1 }! i$ X/ K
: j! Z& R- \+ i2 G' R/ yEaton DC, Malik B, Saxena NC, Al-Khalili OK, and Yue G. Mechanisms of aldosterone's action on epithelial Na   transport. J Membr Biol 184: 313-319, 2001.
* X% d3 [, f9 ^) q- s6 T) I; G; E$ {

1 K5 D+ E* w7 `
, D5 E" M" l& Y/ T$ l8 LEdinger RS, Rokaw MD, and Johnson JP. Vasopressin stimulates sodium transport in A6 cells via a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase-dependent pathway. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 277: F575-F579, 1999.; ], X; Y1 Q' f8 T! Y7 b; G- ^

. W7 @3 R. {1 }. S
" r6 l: D8 Y1 C' B. M4 D  k& d( P, _
Firsov D, Gautschi I, Merillat AM, Rossier BC, and Schild L. The heterotetrameric architecture of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC). EMBO J 17: 344-352, 1998.  G6 P4 t4 Y& H6 h! R) l
8 D% g# ~' E5 v/ q$ i% r

: J3 f( _% H1 [$ Q7 @
$ n2 H9 H# g5 JHaas M and McBrayer DG. Na-K-Cl cotransport in nystatin-treated tracheal cells: regulation by isoproterenol, apical UTP, and  i. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 266: C1440-C1452, 1994.
4 j- t7 {: r9 s! e
  U0 ^# R/ J* g( A  v8 V
. E" [  y& g' A3 T) F! K- _& v# R( f9 G3 C4 O! \, q
Haas M, McBrayer DG, and Lytle C. -dependent phosphorylation of the Na-K-Cl cotransport protein of dog tracheal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem 270: 28955-28961, 1995.3 C4 W  ]' X! T6 p- R* D; i
+ ~6 @1 N) }. h* J0 i% O1 }5 j
- X2 J) T9 F; A8 y. }% O
/ x8 z8 m: E, Y& N- S/ O
Hendron E and Stockand JD. Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase) cascade by aldosterone. Mol Biol Cell 13: 3042-3054, 2002.3 h$ [- v7 Z2 V9 k

$ }$ N- G* I8 Y8 z4 t; J% c$ v# Q7 b1 W1 s1 M0 i) u

3 c) Y# a! P0 y' E5 C$ G5 \Jain L, Chen XJ, Malik B, Al-Khalili O, and Eaton DC. Antisense oligonucleotides against the subunit of ENaC decrease lung epithelial cation-channel activity. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 276: L1046-L1051, 1999.5 _( k* |. R% q& m
2 |6 C: ]  g/ m: ~, X, I  i" U
3 t, ]+ H  U( I1 S; k  h% F
$ @+ p' n' ?3 n, y( X  g4 q
Kizer N, Guo XL, and Hruska K. Reconstitution of stretch-activated cation channels by expression of the -subunit of the epithelial sodium channel cloned from osteoblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 1013-1018, 1997.% ]% P& |1 C# m
& y8 p5 |" \$ K" |% Q8 x
, ^. |! G  X3 l2 l

9 O% _0 g% ]1 hLi XJ, Xu RH, Guggino WB, and Snyder SH. Alternatively spliced forms of the subunit of the epithelial sodium channel: distinct sites for amiloride binding and channel pore. Mol Pharmacol 47: 1133-1140, 1995.
5 M8 |" H0 h0 q3 m: F1 h
6 b. ?9 w. g* `6 _- N
* y' f  f8 G* S+ v' U: x: k
8 D, y& m: D6 x% |( ~" |8 @Marunaka Y. Hormonal and osmotic regulation of NaCl transport in renal distal nephron epithelium. Jpn J Physiol 47: 499-511, 1997.
  [& x$ }1 h9 l' ]! h
; H4 a- n) @4 P( w% P/ g/ |$ E/ [0 o# ^6 }2 Y1 }
; `, o: I" ?0 A! w! M* }9 B
Marunaka Y and Niisato N. Catecholamine regulation of amiloride-sensitive Na   transport in the fetal rat alveolar epithelium. In: Current Topics in Membranes, edited by Benos DJ. New York: Academic, 1999, vol. 47, p. 255-278.5 }7 m1 h0 Z8 v, z
# K( T% ~! Y0 q+ P, l6 u1 R

8 G# F0 x; Z# L+ g2 [& ]$ S4 |4 Q! h+ H- i
McNicholas CM and Canessa CM. Diversity of channels generated by different combinations of epithelial sodium channel subunits. J Gen Physiol 109: 681-692, 1997.3 ^/ D  q% G6 n
& z9 I% C7 E3 t0 n
! r3 v+ W5 K7 T: L) O
( Y# d$ Z) {+ F
Niisato N, Ito Y, and Marunaka Y. Activation of Cl - channel and Na   /K   /2Cl - cotransporter in renal epithelial A6 cells by flavonoids: genistein, daidzein, and apigenin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 254: 368-371, 1999.- |6 a( g$ U0 X0 x/ W5 B9 r
% k, j5 f& ?: y! @8 T% N9 J& L

7 L! [  ?+ d2 h/ a
+ i/ y3 M# J2 a( ^0 @; r+ {Niisato N and Marunaka Y. Forskolin activation of apical Cl - channel and Na   /K   /2Cl - cotransporter via a PTK-dependent pathway in renal epithelium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285: 880-884, 2001.7 D# e# F5 H2 x
3 q* p8 S3 S9 A
& Q. k8 B- w+ b( L8 d8 S
. q7 m8 k' ], \' w+ T$ E4 _# o' _
Niisato N, Nishino H, Nishio K, and Marunaka Y. Cross talk of cAMP and flavone in regulation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) Cl - channel and Na   /K   /2Cl - cotransporter in renal epithelial A6 cells. Biochem Pharmacol 67: 795-801, 2004.2 Q) Z7 F( K& L3 b6 l  n

) ^/ T9 l2 ~0 a8 i4 b/ @
6 \8 ]9 R- U( C, H7 h8 ~
1 S: C( [0 p, B8 G8 S" ONiisato N, Post M, Van Driessche W, and Marunaka Y. Cell swelling activates stress-activated protein kinases, p38 MAP kinase and JNK, in renal epithelial A6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 266: 547-550, 1999.
3 J! K. {% e1 m) t0 c( c$ W  B5 L" z( ~/ N! j9 r# u: `

" y7 C/ Q$ R: L. R: z0 d8 l6 x1 X. L, J5 B2 {2 G  `) H; \( Z' @+ h
Niisato N, Van Driessche W, Liu M, and Marunaka Y. Involvement of protein tyrosine kinase in osmoregulation of Na   transport and membrane capacitance in renal A6 cells. J Membr Biol 175: 63-77, 2000.8 f; R* p' C  \. U6 @7 _

& \/ E! w( }' e. b3 I" S6 D9 l  d8 ~; l# P: y
) W( F8 [2 u: k5 W0 `/ v! |
Putney LK, Vibat CRT, and O'Donnell ME. Intracellular Cl regulates Na-K-Cl cotransport activity in human trabecular meshwork cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 277: C373-C383, 1999.. s6 |  J# }; L' b  y* N
( L+ {3 }6 d& F

7 G/ H" g! X5 r4 F* u
8 i$ H. q; E0 ?0 o, |Rokaw MD, Wang JM, Edinger RS, Weisz OA, Hui D, Middleton P, Shlyonsky V, Berdiev BK, Ismailov I, Eaton DC, Benos DJ, and Johnson JP. Carboxylmethylation of the subunit of ENaC regulates channel activity. J Biol Chem 273: 28746-28751, 1998.8 U* _7 e. [; ?, c, C  @7 }

: d' ?" Q: I& g! Y. B9 y* }0 A# h9 o1 Q2 R" d) t' h( L8 q' _
* c" v4 ?) W" \6 l: j! e
Rozansky DJ, Wang J, Doan N, Purdy T, Faulk T, Bhargava A, Dawson K, and Pearce D. Hypotonic induction of SGK1 and Na   transport in A6 cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283: F105-F113, 2002.8 w$ H: f* z3 w4 D

6 Q) n5 p" U2 J" m- b- y' A, D3 l- D

+ r/ X/ ]) v7 ?' GTokuda S, Niisato N, Morisaki S, and Marunaka Y. Calmodulin-dependent regulation of hypotonicity-induced translocation of ENaC in renal epithelial A6 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298: 619-623, 2002.
2 \0 k  O: q, z2 c# [- ]& m, W7 g& @, d1 e

* q2 b! ^$ G( [) X* w" z1 L5 R" |4 U. v7 w
Tucker JK, Tamba K, Lee YJ, Shen LL, Warnock DG, and Oh Y. Cloning and functional studies of splice variants of the -subunit of the amiloride-sensitive Na   channel. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 274: C1081-C1089, 1998." I# f8 [2 \8 m3 b
) }( o2 [3 [0 Y  g- ]+ s

# v; g/ \4 s. O( N6 H1 Y! n$ m
; ~7 D7 o: \/ f; yWang IK, Lin-Shiau SY, and Lin JK. Induction of apoptosis by apigenin and related flavonoids through cytochrome c release and activation of caspase-9 and caspase-3 in leukaemia HL-60 cells. Eur J Cancer 35: 1517-1525, 1999.
+ x7 ~1 f/ U9 i' j2 c+ X5 B9 h% q( k, |
" h5 d6 K0 A+ A. s$ d
$ j! R7 u/ C5 ~" G2 _
Wills NK, Millinoff LP, and Crowe WE. Na   channel activity in cultured renal (A6) epithelium: regulation by solution osmolarity. J Membr Biol 121: 79-90, 1991.
6 \/ I4 {4 M  n' ]0 F( f/ |4 h+ Q/ U9 k5 T3 Q0 d6 E& O* b

. s0 L. `8 L) W* F1 }% X& x9 Q# \- Y& S  b
Yang T, Park JM, Arend L, Huang Y, Topaloglu R, Pasumarthy A, Praetorius H, Spring K, Briggs JP, and Schnermann J. Low chloride stimulation of prostaglandin E 2 release and cyclooxygenase-2 expression in a mouse macula densa cell line. J Biol Chem 275: 37922-37929, 2000.
4 E( E+ T1 s: O* Q; T
  n: o) d( r7 o# @+ Y! I& i
# y$ y7 \( v3 ]/ ]0 j) z
$ ^/ [) h$ r5 N0 u: j% n# Y& NYin F, Giuliano AE, and Van Herle AJ. Signal pathways involved in apigenin inhibition of growth and induction of apoptosis of human anaplastic thyroid cancer cells (ARO). Anticancer Res 19: 4297-4303, 1999.

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-6-12 22:35 |只看该作者
回复一下  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-7-11 15:55 |只看该作者
谢谢分享