干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站

搜索
朗日生物

免疫细胞治疗专区

欢迎关注干细胞微信公众号

查看: 511312|回复: 216
go

Aldosterone inhibits apical NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption via a nongenomic ERK-dep [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-4-22 08:34 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
作者:Bruns A. Watts, III, Thampi George, and David W. Good作者单位:Departments of Medicine and Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas : F9 Z$ P6 j+ X; b' a

% W) J* |" [* g, O, f2 a                  1 V6 h" f# c/ D0 a$ c/ c
          4 |7 O7 r3 v8 S
                         1 ?/ S, u) @) U
            ) _' Z; @0 W( A& T2 s& t
            5 J3 E% o  O6 q* a) t: n

. N0 S) s( Z% h4 M% J( K$ h* [            
# ?* q. P' Q! n! N7 j4 G/ I- F, Z                     
( z) J1 ?8 z- [: J. @# X        3 Z- @5 j& H7 L& U* H# v2 a9 ?* ?! Z
        % r0 n, K$ [8 P* i3 ]- q1 Z
        7 q! S8 g6 G; r; X, i
          【摘要】
% I% L" [" y' L# X$ J      Although aldosterone influences a variety of cellular processes through nongenomic mechanisms, the significance of nongenomic pathways for aldosterone-induced regulation of epithelial function is not understood. Recently, we demonstrated that aldosterone inhibits transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption in the medullary thick ascending limb (MTAL) through a nongenomic pathway. This inhibition is mediated through a direct cellular action of aldosterone to inhibit the apical membrane NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger. The present study was designed to identify the intracellular signaling pathway(s) responsible for this aldosterone-induced transport regulation. In rat MTALs perfused in vitro, addition of 1 nM aldosterone to the bath decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 30%. This inhibition was not mediated by cAMP/PKA and was not prevented by inhibitors of PKC or PI3-K, pertussis toxin, or rapamycin. The inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone was largely eliminated by the MEK/ERK inhibitors U-0126 and PD-98059. Aldosterone increased ERK activity 1.8-fold in microdissected MTALs. This ERK activation is rapid ( 5 min) and is blocked by U-0126 or PD-98059 but is unaffected by spironolactone or actinomycin D. Pretreatment with U-0126 to block ERK activation prevented the effect of aldosterone to inhibit apical NHE3. These data demonstrate that aldosterone inhibits NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL through rapid activation of the ERK signaling pathway. The results identify NHE3 as a target for nongenomic regulation by aldosterone and establish a role for ERK in the acute regulation of NHE3 and its epithelial absorptive functions. 8 Z0 r  {4 G" Y6 \1 x' j! r
          【关键词】 Na/H exchange ERK/ sodium absorption acid secretion kidney
! T* |3 r: F7 V! R/ u( S                  NA   / H   EXCHANGERS (NHE) are a family of transmembrane proteins that mediate the electroneutral exchange of Na   for H  . These exchangers are present in virtually all mammalian tissues and participate in a variety of vital cell functions, including intracellular pH and cell volume regulation, epithelial Na   absorption, and cell growth. At least eight mammalian NHE isoforms have been identified (NHE1-NHE8) that differ in their tissue expression and membrane localization, regulation, and physiological functions ( 42, 44, 54, 64 ). NHE3 is expressed selectively in the apical membrane of epithelial cells in the kidney and gastrointestinal tract, where it plays a major role in mediating absorption of NaCl, NaHCO 3, and fluid ( 2, 3, 6, 16, 25, 35, 39, 42, 48, 54, 55, 60, 64 ). The regulation of NHE3 is crucial for the normal maintenance of Na   balance and extracellular fluid volume, blood pressure, and acid-base homeostasis. Factors involved in the fine control of NHE3 include ANG II, endothelin, catecholamines, dopamine, and changes in osmolality ( 2, 39, 42, 60, 64 ).
& ^* p" Z  H: C  n# N+ u  x8 z2 w' Q# m% [/ @4 j0 P
Aldosterone plays a major role in regulating systemic Na  , K  , and acid-base balance through its effects on renal electrolyte excretion. This regulation is mediated primarily through classical actions of aldosterone to stimulate Na   absorption, K   secretion, and H   secretion by segments of the collecting duct through changes in gene expression and synthesis of new proteins ( 2, 34, 46 ). More recently, aldosterone has been found to induce rapid cellular effects that are not dependent on transcription or translation ( 9 ). These nongenomic effects are observed in a variety of nonpolarized and epithelial cells, and include the activation of signal transduction pathways and membrane transporters such as the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC), K   channels, and the vacuolar H   -ATPase ( 9, 26, 36, 63, 65 ). Aldosterone also induces rapid activation of Na   /H   exchange in multiple cell types, an effect attributed to stimulation of the NHE1 isoform expressed ubiquitously in the plasma membrane of nonpolarized cells and the basolateral membrane of epithelial cells ( 9, 11, 12, 26, 27, 36, 62 ). At present, the physiological significance of nongenomic pathways for aldosterone-induced regulation of epithelial transport functions is not understood.
0 W/ c* K  c) I: ?. {' k5 _2 q: s9 p+ J2 ~4 W6 B! z9 g
Recently, we demonstrated that aldosterone regulates the epithelial NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger through a nongenomic pathway. In the renal medullary thick ascending limb (MTAL), aldosterone rapidly inhibits apical NHE3, resulting in a decrease in transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption ( 21, 23 ). This inhibition is not dependent on transcription or translation and is not mediated through the classical mineralocorticoid receptor ( 21, 23 ). These studies identify NHE3 as a target for nongenomic regulation by aldosterone and demonstrate that aldosterone can modulate epithelial absorptive functions important for volume and acid-base homeostasis through direct regulation of this exchanger. At present, the intracellular signaling pathways through which aldosterone regulates NHE3 are unknown. However, aldosterone has been shown in nonpolarized cells and epithelial cell lines to induce rapid activation of several pathways known to influence NHE3, including cAMP and protein kinase A (PKA), protein kinase C (PKC), phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase), and G proteins ( 9, 11, 26, 33, 37, 62 ).4 {! ^, m* z5 `3 l0 M+ U

7 }) O3 u0 D# K; f" @; R0 u' g' \The purpose of the present study was to identify the signal transduction mechanism(s) involved in nongenomic regulation by aldosterone in the MTAL. The results demonstrate that aldosterone inhibits NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption through rapid activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signaling pathway. These studies identify a role for ERK in the acute regulation of epithelial NHE3 activity.
& x9 F( j7 T# F3 f0 `% |; p8 y
: Z8 n2 r) k% ~METHODS5 u& G2 g) y/ J. c' l$ D0 U+ p2 a
! ~3 N0 o9 Y# u& M& {( p& S
Tubule Perfusion and Measurement of Net HCO 3 - Absorption" _. u" @9 Y, E

, l6 C  C/ k) n" aMTALs from male Sprague-Dawley rats (50-100 g body wt; Taconic, Germantown, NY) were isolated and perfused in vitro as described ( 15, 21 ). Tubules were dissected from the inner stripe of the outer medulla at 10°C in control bath solution, transferred to a bath chamber on the stage of an inverted microscope, and mounted on concentric glass pipets for perfusion at 37°C. For HCO 3 - transport experiments, the tubules were perfused and bathed in control solution that contained (in mM): 146 Na  , 4 K  , 122 Cl -, 25 HCO 3 -, 2.0 Ca 2 , 1.5 Mg 2 , 2.0 phosphate, 1.2 SO 4 2-, 1.0 citrate, 2.0 lactate, and 5.5 glucose (equilibrated with 95% O 2 -5% CO 2, pH 7.45 at 37°C). Bath solutions also contained 0.2% fatty acid-free bovine albumin. Experimental agents were added to the bath solution as described in RESULTS. Solutions containing aldosterone and other experimental agents were prepared as described ( 15, 17, 19, 21, 61 ). Equal concentrations of vehicle were added to control solutions in all protocols.
9 \& C( l2 _) K5 A) h' u) Q' k: M$ X7 g5 B
The protocol for study of transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption was as described ( 15, 21 ). In most experiments, tubules were equilibrated for 20-30 min at 37°C in the initial perfusion and bath solutions and the luminal flow rate (normalized per unit tubule length) was adjusted to 1.5-1.9 nl·min -1 ·mm -1. One to three 10-min tubule fluid samples were then collected for each period (initial, experimental, and recovery). The tubules were allowed to reequilibrate for 5-10 min after aldosterone was added to or removed from the bath solution. In one series (see Fig. 2 B ), a longer treatment period was used, as described in RESULTS. The absolute rate of HCO 3 - absorption ( J HCO 3 -, pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ) was calculated from the luminal flow rate and the difference between total CO 2 concentrations measured in perfused and collected fluids ( 15, 21 ). An average HCO 3 - absorption rate was calculated for each period studied in a given tubule. When repeat measurements were made at the beginning and end of an experiment (initial and recovery periods), the values were averaged. Single tubule values are presented in the figures. Mean values ± SE ( n = number of tubules) are presented in the text.
8 V. z2 q$ Q& g; W7 l- e9 C# {0 T% W+ E" y& y
Fig. 2. Protein kinase C inhibitors and pertussis toxin (PTX) do not prevent inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone. MTALs were bathed with 10 -7 M chelerythrine Cl or 10 -7 M staurosporine ( A ), or with 5 x 10 -9 M PTX ( B ), and then 1 nM aldosterone was added to and removed from the bath solution. Tubules were exposed to PTX for 150 min before aldosterone addition ( 17 ). J HCO 3 -, data points, lines, and P values are as in Fig. 1. Mean values are given in RESULTS., L4 |6 O( y2 ~' S# }! t

+ I/ ~* z1 |, q! H/ o% `, v! QMeasurement of Intracellular pH and Apical Na   /H   Exchange Activity
1 q& ]6 z5 Q, c2 T
4 [/ D( s7 I' I' ^# x) fpH i was measured in isolated, perfused MTALs by use of the pH-sensitive dye BCECF and a computer-controlled spectrofluorometer (CM-X, SPEX Industries) coupled to the perfusion apparatus ( 59, 60 ). The tubules were perfused in the same manner used for HCO 3 - transport experiments except that the lumen and bath solutions were delivered via rapid flow systems that permit complete exchange of the solutions in less than 2 s. Apical membrane Na   /H   exchange activity was determined as described ( 57, 59, 60 ). Tubules were perfused and bathed in Na   -free, HEPES-buffered solution that contained (in mM): 145 NMDG  , 4 K  , 147 Cl -, 2.0 Ca 2 , 1.5 Mg 2 , 1.0 phosphate, 1.0 SO 4 2-, 1.0 citrate, 2.0 lactate, 5.5 glucose, and 5 HEPES (equilibrated with 100% O 2; titrated to pH 7.4). The lumen solution also contained furosemide to block Na   -K   -2Cl - cotransport activity and the bath contained ethylisopropyl amiloride (EIPA) to eliminate any contribution of basolateral Na   /H   exchange to changes in pH i. Apical Na   /H   exchange activity was determined by measurement of the initial rate of pH i increase after addition of 145 mM Na   to the lumen solution (Na   replaced NMDG   ) ( 59 ). Interruption of pH i recovery at various points along the recovery curve permits determination of the apical Na   /H   exchange rate over a broad range of pH i values (6.4 to 7.7), with appropriate corrections for a variable background acid-loading rate ( 59 ). The Na   -dependent pH i recovery was inhibited 90% by lumen EIPA (50 µM) under all experimental conditions. Apical Na   /H   exchange rates ( J Na   /H  , pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ) were calculated as (dpH i /d t ) x i x V, where dpH i /d t (pH U/min) is the initial slope of the record of pH i vs time, i is the intrinsic intracellular buffering power (mM·pH), and V is cell volume per unit tubule length (nl/mm), measured as previously described ( 59, 60 ). Experimental agents were added to the bath solution as described in RESULTS.
# Y2 J: X; H. N) ]% |; H* D) u% B9 J
Determination of ERK Activity
- a6 s( V" }. @  U8 j# C( \, t' B: M
' ?0 I7 N8 u. F$ aERK activity was studied using two previously described preparations ( 4, 56, 61 ): 1 ) thin strips of tissue dissected from the inner stripe of the outer medulla (the region of the kidney highly enriched in MTALs) and 2 ) microdissected MTALs. Following dissection at 4°C, the tissue strips or MTALs were divided into two to four samples of equal amount and then incubated in vitro at 37°C in the same solutions used for HCO 3 - transport experiments ( 4, 56, 61 ). The specific protocols used for incubations are given in RESULTS. Following incubation, the tissue was lysed and ERK1/2 activity was measured in an immune complex kinase assay using myelin basic protein as substrate as previously described ( 56, 61 ). Phosphorylated substrate was isolated by SDS-PAGE, visualized by autoradiography, and quantified by densitometry. Equal amounts of ERK in immunoprecipitates under different experimental conditions were verified in parallel samples by immunoblotting ( 4, 56 ). We demonstrated previously that changes in protein kinase activities measured in the inner stripe accurately reproduce changes in the MTAL ( 4, 19, 56, 61 ).4 k$ d4 Z; Y% B+ O

9 n+ c  O7 ?  c( dAnalysis
+ {6 w, f; K$ R8 H1 P% i+ g9 ?* T1 Z7 w& {
Results are presented as means ± SE. Differences between means were evaluated using Student's t -test for paired data or ANOVA with the Newman-Keuls multiple range test, as appropriate. P 2 q( [+ h$ x, ]- S% V- f: Y

& F* Y3 s$ Z. n' r. c* SRESULTS! W3 Y1 Y8 d' M5 n' o( Y  K: b

+ @' X: {# w' s. K" b9 VAldosterone Inhibits HCO 3 - Absorption( v( g2 `  f3 z* U

+ [+ \* z! x7 {. |1 B" ZAdding 1 nM aldosterone to the bath decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 29%, from 15.3 ± 0.5 to 10.9 ± 0.4 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ( P
" L& d# g% K; r; t. x% Z9 j+ D. I2 W: x4 P! i/ {6 R
Fig. 1. Aldosterone (Aldo) inhibits HCO 3 - absorption in the medullary thick ascending limb (MTAL). Rat MTALs were isolated and perfused in vitro. The absolute rate of HCO 3 - absorption ( J HCO 3 - ) was measured in control solution, and then 1 nM aldosterone was added to and removed from the bath solution. Data points are average values for single tubules. Lines connect paired measurements made in the same tubule. P value is for paired t -test. Mean values are given in RESULTS.
0 X4 \  w" y! N+ R. D1 `& ^
' d8 w: ]( f2 g9 ~$ XRole of PKC and Pertussis Toxin-Sensitive G Proteins
- A/ v+ O( H  S, U
1 p9 u( ?6 |' g9 B  G2 FAldosterone induces rapid activation of PKC in several cell types ( 9, 12, 26, 27, 31, 36, 38, 62, 63 ), and PKC is a regulator of Na   /H   exchange activity ( 2, 12, 36, 39, 54, 62 ). The role of PKC in mediating aldosterone-induced inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption was examined using chelerythrine Cl and staurosporine, inhibitors that selectively abolish PKC-dependent regulation of HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 4, 17 - 20 ). In tubules bathed with 10 -7 M chelerythrine Cl or 10 -7 M staurosporine, addition of 1 nM aldosterone to the bath decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 30%, from 13.4 ± 0.4 to 9.4 ± 0.5 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ( P . x4 F/ j) e# K' \* O, C

. M* K8 F  R+ U4 M+ EAldosterone-induced stimulation of Na   /H   exchange in certain colonic and renal epithelial cells depends on pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteins ( 12, 53, 62 ). We therefore examined the effect of aldosterone in MTALs bathed with 5 x 10 -9 M pertussis toxin for 150 min, a treatment that blocks G protein-mediated regulation of HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 17 ). As shown in Fig. 2 B, aldosterone decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 30% (from 14.2 ± 0.8 to 10.0 ± 0.6 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1; P
$ }; K* e$ @  n3 G4 f1 Q, h$ _6 W. |, ?
Role of cAMP
( [3 p/ v2 F, q, U. r# L
2 g  F0 ?) I& m$ tAldosterone has been shown to induce a rapid increase in intracellular cAMP in several cell systems ( 9, 28, 30, 49, 53 ), and the cAMP/protein kinase A pathway inhibits apical Na   /H   exchange and HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 7, 15, 16, 20 ). To determine whether cAMP is involved in mediating inhibition by aldosterone, MTALs were bathed with 10 -4 M 8-BrcAMP or 10 -6 M forskolin, agents that induce maximal cAMP-mediated inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption ( 15, 20 ). In the presence of 8-BrcAMP or forskolin, aldosterone decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 48%, from 9.6 ± 0.6 to 5.0 ± 0.3 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ( P
$ L- N6 m6 c- J9 c) c, R7 P& V! ~" r
Fig. 3. Inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone is not mediated by cAMP. MTALs were bathed with 10 -4 M 8-BrcAMP or 10 -6 M forskolin, and then 1 nM aldosterone was added to and removed from the bath solution. J HCO 3 -, data points, lines, and P value are as in Fig. 1. Mean values are given in RESULTS.* e. S; O8 {1 [, F/ g1 O/ O

# r. x# [9 a/ O" w1 VRole of PI3-Kinase and p70 S6 Kinase; x/ M  X/ z4 C; a5 t( ]# x* P1 N
3 F/ M2 I3 z* w5 {- }- C& {
Aldosterone has been reported in vascular tissue to induce rapid activation of PI3-kinase and its downstream effector p70 S6 kinase ( 33, 37 ), pathways that regulate HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 19, 24 ). To examine the role of PI3-kinase in inhibition by aldosterone, MTALs were bathed with 20 µM LY-294002 or 100 nM wortmannin, inhibitors that selectively block PI3-kinase-mediated regulation of HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 19, 20, 24 ). In the presence of LY-294002 or wortmannin, aldosterone decreased HCO 3 - absorption by 34%, from 13.8 ± 0.6 to 9.1 ± 0.6 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ( P
/ \; x+ f: d% b* F7 f# }5 P
5 ]# M, J, {( R4 a, aFig. 4. PI3-kinase inhibitors and rapamycin do not prevent inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone. MTALs were bathed with 20 µM LY-294002 or 100 nM wortmannin ( A ), or with 30 nM rapamycin ( B ), and then 1 nM aldosterone was added to and removed from the bath solution. J HCO 3 -, data points, lines, and P values are as in Fig. 1. Mean values are given in RESULTS.
; C' |/ D+ q6 z5 h# L" v: G/ {4 o; t5 f8 A# d! q# U
Further experiments examined the effect of rapamycin, an immunosuppressive agent that can block aldosterone-induced signaling by inhibiting the activation of p70 S6 kinase and/or by binding to heat shock proteins and altering the stability of an HSP-aldosterone receptor complex ( 8, 52 ). Tubules were bathed with 30 nM rapamycin, which blocks p70 S6 kinase-mediated regulation of HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL ( 24 ). As shown in Fig. 4 B, aldosterone decreased HCO 3 - absorption from 13.0 ± 1.0 to 7.2 ± 0.5 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 in the presence of rapamycin ( P $ k& V  X  h3 H2 L0 a

2 c' U! l( @3 _) zRole of ERK
' i. x/ I1 z: T! Y- E8 ^  Y* k& E/ O% t7 R# j1 C* F
Inhibitors of ERK activation reduce inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone. Aldosterone induces rapid activation of ERK in several cell types, including renal epithelial cell lines ( 11, 33, 47 ). To determine whether the ERK pathway is involved in inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone, we examined the effects of U-0126 and PD-98059. These compounds selectively inhibit the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase MEK1/2, the direct upstream activator of ERK1/2 ( 1, 10 ), and block MEK/ERK signaling in the MTAL ( 24, 56, 61 ). As shown in Fig. 5, the inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone was markedly reduced in tubules bathed with either 15 µM U-0126 ( Fig. 5 B ) or 15 µM PD-98059 ( Fig. 5 C ). In the presence of the inhibitors, aldosterone decreased HCO 3 - absorption only by 11%, from 14.4 ± 0.4 to 12.8 ± 0.4 pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ( n = 7; P
" |& \6 F- v: q! W+ e" M6 G8 k! B
3 M/ A2 K9 d2 C# `2 qFig. 5. Inhibitors of ERK activation reduce inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone. MTALs were studied in control solution ( A ), or bathed with 15 µM U-0126 ( B ) or 15 µM PD-98059 ( C ), and then 1 nM aldosterone was added to and removed from the bath solution. Control data ( A ) are repeated from Fig. 1 to facilitate comparison. J HCO 3 -, data points, lines, and P values are as in Fig. 1. Mean values are given in RESULTS.
9 l- c" z- n) d6 @
+ T) x$ K% b; h9 T: b- oAldosterone increases ERK activity. The effect of aldosterone on ERK activity was examined directly in the MTAL. Microdissected MTALs were incubated in vitro in the absence and presence of 1 nM aldosterone for 15 min and then ERK activity was measured by immune complex assay as described ( 56, 61 ). As shown in Fig. 6 A, aldosterone increased ERK activity 1.8-fold. These studies establish directly that ERK is activated by aldosterone in the MTAL. Previously, we demonstrated that aldosterone increases ERK activity by a similar amount in inner stripe tissue ( 22 ). Thus changes observed in the inner stripe reflect changes in the MTAL.
; |# |9 I+ m+ V2 b- @0 e8 \0 L+ D1 W* n# f9 r6 _+ r
Fig. 6. Aldosterone increases ERK activity in the MTAL. A : microdissected MTALs were incubated in vitro at 37°C in the absence and presence of 1 nM aldosterone for 15 min and then ERK activity was measured by immune complex assay that used myelin basic protein (MBP) as substrate ( 56, 61 ). Phosphorylated MBP was analyzed by SDS-PAGE, autoradiography, and densitometry. Aldosterone increased ERK activity 1.8-fold. One of two similar experiments is shown. B : time course of ERK activation. Inner stripe tissue was incubated in the absence and presence of 1 nM Aldo for the indicated times and ERK activity was assayed as in A. Autoradiograph is representative of 4 independent experiments. Relative ERK activities (determined by densitometry) are given in RESULTS. C : MEK inhibitors block ERK activation. Inner stripe tissue was incubated for 30 min in the absence (Cont) and presence of 15 µM U-0126 or 15 µM PD-98059 and then treated with 1 nM aldosterone for 15 min in the absence (Aldo) or continued presence (Inhibitor   Aldo) of the inhibitors. ERK activity was assayed as in A and is presented as a percentage of control activity measured in the same experiment. Autoradiographs are of representative experiments. Bars are means ± SE for 7 independent experiments (3 with U-0126 and 4 with PD-98059). * P 4 r4 z- v" ~- G; t+ V

% ^( Y- U" D# pFurther experiments were carried out using inner stripe tissue to determine the time course of ERK activation. ERK activity increased within 5 min of exposure to aldosterone and remained elevated for at least 30 min ( Fig. 6 B ). ERK activity was increased 1.6 ± 0.1-fold at 5 min ( n = 4; P 1 f2 i6 p' ]: ^/ ^8 B9 k
, _! [% Q: T0 d  I$ l" }
Inhibiting ERK activation prevents inhibition of NHE3 by aldosterone. Recently, we demonstrated that aldosterone inhibits HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL through primary inhibition of the apical NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger ( 21, 23 ). To determine whether the inhibition of NHE3 is dependent on ERK activation, we examined the effects of U-0126. MTALs were studied with and without 1 nM aldosterone in the bath for 15-20 min in the absence and presence of 15 µM U-0126. Apical Na   /H   exchange activity was determined by measurement of the initial rate of pH i increase in response to lumen Na   addition (see METHODS ). Under basal conditions (Control, Fig. 7 A ), the exchanger exhibits a sigmoidal dependence on pH i, as demonstrated previously ( 59, 60 ). U-0126 alone has no effect on exchanger activity ( Fig. 7, A and C ). Consistent with previous results ( 23 ), aldosterone decreased apical Na   /H   exchange activity over the pH i range studied, due to a 28% decrease in V max ( Fig. 7, B and C ). The effect of aldosterone to decrease apical Na   /H   exchange activity was prevented in tubules bathed with U-0126 ( Fig. 7, B and C ). These results demonstrate that aldosterone inhibits apical NHE3 in the MTAL through activation of the ERK signaling pathway.
) u, D3 N- v' A6 F4 F( P  [/ ~  f3 k* j9 s0 V. p
Fig. 7. Inhibitors of ERK activation block inhibition of apical Na   /H   exchange by aldosterone. MTALs were studied under control conditions and with either 15 µM U-0126, 1 nM aldosterone, or 15 µM U-0126   1 nM aldosterone in the bath for 15-20 min. Apical Na   /H   exchange rates ( J Na /H ) were determined at various pH i values from initial rates of pH i increase measured after addition of Na   to the tubule lumen (see METHODS ). A : U-0126 alone has no effect on apical Na   /H   exchange activity. Data points are from 12 control tubules and 6 tubules with U-0126. Line is from a least-squares fit of the combined data to the Hill equation ( 59, 60 ). B : inhibition of apical Na   /H   exchange by aldosterone is prevented by U-0126. Data are from 9 tubules with aldosterone (dashed line) and 10 tubules with U-0126   aldosterone (dotted line). Solid line for combined Control/U-0126 data is repeated from A for comparison. Lines, maximal velocity ( V max, pmol·min -1 ·mm -1 ), and apparent affinity for intracellular H   ( K ' app, pH) are from least-squares fits to the Hill equation. * P 4 c! ]) G0 C2 P$ S* ^; Z
4 p0 W  C4 x6 U
DISCUSSION
  H% t5 Q  h& _$ @- z
0 M6 W6 ?7 C  |+ K( a0 |Aldosterone plays a major role in Na  , volume, and acid-base homeostasis through its regulatory actions on electrolyte transport in the kidney and gastrointestinal tract. Although rapid, nongenomic effects of aldosterone have been demonstrated in many cell types, their physiological significance for aldosterone-induced regulation of epithelial function remains undefined. Recently, we demonstrated that aldosterone inhibits transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL through a nongenomic pathway ( 21 ). This inhibition is the result of a direct cellular action of aldosterone to decrease the activity of the apical membrane NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger ( 23 ). The present study demonstrates that aldosterone inhibits NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption through activation of the ERK signaling pathway. These results identify NHE3 as a target for nongenomic regulation by aldosterone and establish a physiological role for ERK in the acute regulation of NHE3 activity.
; n8 p# j- p0 I
  f8 y2 n: P- q6 a( Q. ~1 j2 }The conclusion that aldosterone inhibits NHE3 through activation of the MEK/ERK pathway is supported by several observations: 1 ) the inhibition of apical Na   /H   exchange by aldosterone is blocked by U-0126 and PD-98059, two chemically unrelated MEK1/2 inhibitors with different mechanisms of action ( 1, 10 ), 2 ) aldosterone activates ERK in the MTAL in physiological solutions used for HCO 3 - transport experiments, 3 ) U-0126 and PD-98059 block this ERK activation, 4 ) both the rapidity ( 5 min) and duration ( 30 min) of ERK activation correlate temporally with aldosterone-induced inhibition of NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption ( 21, 23 ), 5 ) the aldosterone-induced transport inhibition is not prevented by inhibitors of several other signaling pathways, indicating a high degree of selectively for inhibitors of the MEK/ERK pathway, 6 ) U-0126 and PD-98059 do not prevent inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL by several other stimuli ( 20, 22, 24, 56 ), and U-0126 alone has no effect on apical Na   /H   exchange activity ( Fig. 7, A and C ), indicating that these agents do not prevent aldosterone-induced inhibition through nonspecific cytotoxic or metabolic effects or an effect on NHE3 that prevents its physiological regulation, 7 ) both activation of ERK and inhibition of NHE3 by aldosterone occur independently of gene transcription (are not blocked by actinomycin D) and are unaffected by the mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist spironolactone ( Fig. 6 ) ( 21, 22 ). Activation of ERK has been shown previously to play a role in the long-term stimulation of NHE3 by acid media in renal epithelial (OKP) cells ( 51 ) and in the control of NHE3 by -adrenergic agents in cultured proximal tubule cells ( 32 ). The present study provides evidence for direct coupling of the ERK pathway to the acute regulation of NHE3 and its physiological functions to mediate epithelial Na   absorption and H   secretion./ J- H8 i) B( e: t' M" W
' {# }; y- p8 g% P9 f8 H7 A
Previously, we identified a role for ERK in mediating inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by nerve growth factor (NGF) in the MTAL. This regulation occurs through a novel mechanism in which activation of ERK is coupled to inhibition of the basolateral NHE1 Na   /H   exchanger ( 57, 61 ). The inhibition of NHE1 induces actin cytoskeleton remodeling that secondarily inhibits apical NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption ( 57, 58, 61 ). A relevant component of this mechanism is that the activation of ERK by NGF has no direct effect on NHE3 but instead inhibits NHE3 only indirectly through inhibition of NHE1 ( 57, 61 ). These findings are in sharp contrast to the regulatory effects induced by aldosterone in the MTAL: activation of ERK by aldosterone is coupled directly to inhibition of NHE3 ( Fig. 7 ), and NHE1 plays no role in aldosterone-induced inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption ( 23 ). Thus NGF and aldosterone both inhibit MTAL HCO 3 - absorption through activation of ERK, but this inhibition occurs through entirely different transport mechanisms: with aldosterone, the ERK pathway is coupled primarily to inhibition of NHE3; with NGF, the ERK pathway is coupled primarily to inhibition of NHE1, with no direct coupling to NHE3. Thus, in the MTAL, ERK-dependent signals are targeted to regulate different Na   /H   exchangers in different membrane domains, depending on the physiological stimulus. An important goal for future work will be to understand how this signal targeting occurs, and how it enables different stimuli to act through a common signaling pathway to induce distinct physiological responses in the MTAL.2 e( s( L3 m# |4 T$ X% o0 ?9 Q

3 l+ @6 y- }" H/ e) zAldosterone has been shown to induce rapid increases in ERK activity in other cell types ( 11, 33, 47 ), and ERK activation has been linked to aldosterone-induced stimulation of the NHE1 Na   /H   exchanger in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells ( 11 ). The latter finding is consistent with numerous studies demonstrating that the ERK pathway plays an important role in mediating activation of NHE1 by growth factors and other mitogenic stimuli ( 5, 42, 44, 50 ). These factors stimulate NHE1 by increasing its apparent affinity for intracellular H   ( 5, 11, 42, 44, 54 ). In contrast, we found that aldosterone acts via ERK to inhibit NHE3 by decreasing its maximal velocity, without altering the intracellular H   affinity ( Fig. 7 ) ( 23 ). Thus aldosterone-induced ERK activation leads to a decrease in the turnover number of individual NHE3 transporters, a decrease in the number of functional transporters in the apical membrane, or both. Regulation of NHE3 in other cell systems involves trafficking between the plasma membrane and intracellular vesicles ( 39, 42, 64 ), and a role for ERK in regulating intracellular trafficking of membrane proteins has been described ( 13, 29 ). Whether NHE3 undergoes trafficking in the MTAL, and whether this process is influenced by ERK, remains to be determined. The regulation of NHE1 by ERK involves multiple molecular mechanisms that include direct phosphorylation of the exchanger, phosphorylation of NHE1 through the downstream effector p90 ribosomal S6 kinase, and ERK-dependent phosphorylation of accessory regulatory proteins that interact with NHE1 ( 5, 40, 42, 44, 50, 54 ). The possible role of these mechanisms in mediating ERK-induced regulation of NHE3 is unknown. The cytoplasmic terminus of rat NHE3 ( 43 ) contains at least two potential ERK concensus sequences (P-X-S/T-P; 14), raising the possibility that ERK could phosphorylate NHE3 directly. NHE3 also is regulated through its interactions with multiple ancillary/scaffolding proteins such as NHERF1 and NHERF2, the actin-binding protein ezrin, and the Ca 2  -binding protein CHP ( 39, 42, 64 ), which provide potential targets for ERK-induced regulation.: ~, Z$ R8 ^4 W- W. I

9 c4 j1 E3 g8 r- F4 q9 ^& B8 M( ~Although ERK plays the predominant role in mediating inhibition by aldosterone in the MTAL, a significant decrease in HCO 3 - absorption persists when ERK activation is prevented ( Fig. 5 ). This suggests that an as yet unidentified signaling pathway may be activated by aldosterone and functions in parallel with the ERK pathway to mediate inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption. The present study found no evidence of a role for cAMP/PKA, PKC, PI3-kinase, p70 S6 kinase, or pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteins. The aldosterone-induced regulation also is unlikely to involve a cytochrome P -450 pathway based on the finding that the inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone is additive to inhibition by ANG II ( 21 ). Our results also show that, in the presence of ERK inhibitors, aldosterone had no effect on apical Na   /H   exchange activity but induced a small decrease in HCO 3 - absorption ( Figs. 5 and 7 ). This suggests that a small portion of the inhibition by aldosterone may be mediated through a transporter other than NHE3. However, it is also possible that the small ( 10%) decrease in apical Na   /H   exchange activity needed to account for the decrease in HCO 3 - absorption in the presence of ERK inhibitors may have gone undetected in our experiments (e.g., technical limitations preclude measuring apical Na   /H   exchange activity in the presence and absence of aldosterone with ERK inhibitors in the same tubule). Nevertheless, the results of our current and previous ( 23 ) studies show that most, if not all, of the inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption by aldosterone is mediated through inhibition of NHE3.
: w7 \0 r0 E4 M  q( u; _! b
8 H; Z! L1 v4 x5 h* q  M3 k) ~6 BNHE3 is the primary absorptive exchanger in the kidney and gastrointestinal tract. In addition to mediating NaHCO 3 absorption by the MTAL ( 3, 6, 16, 25, 60 ), apical NHE3 is responsible for most of NaCl, fluid, and NaHCO 3 absorption by the renal proximal tubule and the intestine ( 35, 39, 42, 48, 55, 64 ). Our results demonstrate that aldosterone acts directly via ERK to regulate NHE3 in the MTAL. Thus, in addition to its actions on classic genomic targets such as ENaC and the Na   -K   -ATPase, aldosterone may influence epithelial absorptive processes important for volume and acid-base balance through nongenomic regulation of NHE3. As discussed previously ( 21, 23 ), the effect of aldosterone to inhibit NHE3 and HCO 3 - absorption in the MTAL may play an important role in enabling the kidneys to maintain acid-base balance during changes in Na   and volume balance. In addition, aldosterone-induced inhibition of NHE3 could play a role in pathophysiological processes such as aldosterone escape or the effect of changes in systemic K   balance to alter renal HCO 3 - absorptive capacity and acid excretion ( 2, 21, 23 ). Whether aldosterone regulates NHE3 directly in other epithelia remains to be determined. However, in a recent study infusion of aldosterone into rats induced a rapid increase in renal Na   excretion ( 45 ), an effect consistent with aldosterone-induced inhibition of NHE3. Whether ERK plays a physiological role in regulating NHE3 by other stimuli and in other cell types also requires further investigation. In a recent study of LLC-PK 1 -F   cells, which exhibit functional properties of proximal tubule cells, the insulin-sensitizing agent troglitazone inhibited Na   /H   exchange through ERK activation, resulting in an intracellular acidosis that increased ammoniagenesis and decreased DNA synthesis ( 41 ). Based on results of the present study, these effects may be mediated by ERK-induced inhibition of NHE3. Our results raise the possibility that a wide variety of important stimuli in addition to aldosterone, including peptide hormones and growth factors acting through receptor tyrosine kinases and G protein-coupled receptors, could influence NHE3 and its biological functions through the ERK pathway.
# o$ O$ g: a! i1 u" ~: o4 Y2 ?1 H0 b# `! R% }. T1 c' g: [
In summary, the present study demonstrates that aldosterone inhibits apical NHE3 in the MTAL through rapid activation of the ERK signaling pathway. This regulation is nongenomic and results in a decrease in transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption. These results identify NHE3 as a direct target for aldosterone-induced regulation of epithelial Na   absorption and acid secretion and establish a role for ERK in the acute regulation of NHE3 and its physiological functions.$ S' c$ T5 t% M# k+ n0 I

0 B9 W8 e) g6 [( l6 eGRANTS9 H7 R2 K0 K1 Z( }1 T
; Y, h/ }+ D) t# R, f
This work was supported by National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Grant DK-38217.
7 V5 ]) e; p" y6 u" W. ^          【参考文献】% m7 E& l. B+ H. d* m" m6 b9 F
Alessi DR, Cuenda A, Cohen P, Dudley DT, and Saltiel AR. PD 098059 is a specific inhibitor of the activation of a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase in vitro and in vivo. J Biol Chem 270: 27489-27494, 1995.6 K& w" j% k0 e* }" c. P( m

& ~$ L, `2 V/ b& O5 A3 y! D7 Q8 c1 W( x( q8 r% F( C" u( ?5 z
8 a. J8 ~+ N: F1 |# I, w& W
Alpern RJ. Renal acidification mechanisms. In: The Kidney, edited by Brenner BM. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, Vol. I, 2000, p. 455-519.
1 F" x7 N+ W" Z) p- }( o9 X, ~5 ~+ ]! G; u7 |
6 `! }: h! N3 ~' E8 s
$ S* u9 }8 f: a$ Y
Amemiya M, Loffing J, Lotscher M, Alpern RJ, and Moe OW. Expression of NHE-3 in the apical membrane of rat renal proximal tubule and thick ascending limb. Kidney Int 48: 1206-1215, 1995.
, R2 `8 D+ K3 i* _2 H$ T- n
2 D1 ^) A; ?( H& }3 v& L
2 ^: c; R, q- ^7 a: k
4 w. `) A' ^+ h: p. S5 X8 _: x* l2 ?Aristimuño PC and Good DW. PKC isoforms in rat medullary thick ascending limb: selective activation of the -isoform by PGE 2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 272: F624-F631, 1997.
( W8 h7 P  N# ?% _4 J, o3 _% x! T# \$ l; y+ s, u8 f, D& c

/ Q" r* @+ K5 G, y7 C: j' c3 u; V/ F1 U! n* U8 i2 d" H
Bianchini L, L'Allemain G, and Pouyssegur J. The p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase cascade is determinant in mediating activation of the Na   /H   exchanger (NHE1 isoform) in response to growth factors. J Biol Chem 272: 271-279, 1997.
4 q  }& ~2 k; w' Y, x" c- q1 n1 _! N8 N; l7 F( z; u6 u

+ m- O: E& q- i' B  b% o2 M# d* K, j5 `/ J& C
Biemesderfer D, Rutherford PA, Nagy T, Pizzonia JH, Abu-Alfa AK, and Aronson PA. Monoclonal antibodies for high-resolution localization of NHE3 in adult and neonatal rat kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 273: F289-F299, 1997.
* k: D1 ^* d( z7 j0 n( w3 ~' @+ p! T, M1 c, C2 s- n! c! m6 y

: G: B1 L# i7 Q6 x% Z
) Q5 c- ]7 C9 |& }Borensztein P, Juvin P, Vernimmen C, Poggioli J, Paillard M, and Bichara M. cAMP-dependent control of Na   /H   antiport by AVP, PTH, and PGE 2 in rat medullary thick ascending limb cells. Am J Physiol Renal Fluid Electrolyte Physiol 264: F354-F364, 1993.  U) M+ o5 Y* y3 i

8 p+ w0 Z- i4 Y. Y/ G7 t5 [3 c" ?8 [4 `

( W8 G, W+ R; M3 R2 `- PBraun S, Losel R, Wehling M, and Boldyreff B. Aldosterone rapidly activates Src kinase in M-1 cells involving the mineralocorticoid receptor and HSP84. FEBS Lett 570: 69-72, 2004.
& Y" p9 K! c" u, N
- j! K' U! [* o/ G' r) @
4 L/ v2 q% x6 |9 G. h' ^7 ~5 S0 N' {: V& L# X1 y8 O
Falkenstein E, Tillman HC, Christ M, Feuring M, and Wehling M. Multiple actions of steroid hormones-a focus on rapid, nongenomic effects. Pharmacol Rev 52: 513-555, 2000.2 s" f: g2 `: |! R' F8 @

2 j4 F2 L5 d1 F! _" K& s3 O- g, g' w/ t% {0 P

* i! k  J! Y# H2 k* wFavata MF, Horiuchi KY, Manos EJ, Daulerio AJ, Stradley DA, Feeser WS, Van Dyk DE, Pitts WJ, Earl RA, Hobbs F, Copeland RA, Magolda RL, Scherle PA, and Trzaskos JM. Identification of a novel inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase. J Biol Chem 273: 18623-18632, 1998.; v' M! u- o6 Z0 K" g  I  [) _# _
3 p/ }4 A4 p. y9 ?# W7 c9 x: j! L

: J" I3 Y% @/ v# \  B7 R0 G: g) [7 u) L# i/ N9 f
Geckle M, Freudinger R, Mildenberger S, Schenk K, Marschitz I, and Schramek H. Rapid activation of Na   /H   exchange in MDCK cells by aldosterone involves MAP-kinases ERK1/2. Pflügers Arch 441: 781-786, 2001.
2 c6 f2 m/ B7 N9 S# H9 Z: N  Y
1 k1 G) _( z7 Y, N/ H/ c1 {9 Z1 m* @* Y6 W

& v& Q5 c: `" N) ]- HGeckle M, Silbernagl S, and Oberleithner H. The mineralocorticoid aldosterone activates a proton conductance in cultured kidney cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 273: C1673-C1678, 1997.
- p+ U4 Z. b) N! K% f' X0 y* h* J; K8 m$ }" l

' h1 b" x7 L) K9 v9 R, v6 \# _; L' j6 ]+ ?, ^
Giovannardi S, Forlani G, Balestrini M, Bossi E, Tonini R, Sturani E, Peres A, and Zippel R. Modulation of the inward rectifier potassium channel IRK1 by the Ras signaling pathway. J Biol Chem 277: 12158-12163, 2002.
2 M3 l* y& f& X8 T; q3 r! _
' y- o  M' [: v+ k( Y% d& `. B
% o* X! A( r8 g( c$ N+ I- t' O' b/ U5 o  }. c8 ?1 R9 u* |
Gonzalez FA, Raden DL, and Davis RJ. Identification and recognition determinants for human ERK1 and ERK2 protein kinases. J Biol Chem 266: 22159-22163, 1991.
, _+ Y1 O! b8 n. L9 L) A1 X2 Q+ U
% C3 e+ a% R6 K# s/ p

; S3 O2 q3 R5 s0 Z9 ]Good DW. Inhibition of bicarbonate absorption by peptide hormones and cyclic adenosine monophosphate in rat medullary thick ascending limb. J Clin Invest 85: 1006-1013, 1990.% M+ L: X  S# X" F) A- w2 r" [; h
+ G, P" A, z3 q2 n1 `  P9 Q  K

, R* `; H* `% B, C
  S3 o, F9 Q$ `4 ^/ [; E! E! WGood DW. The thick ascending limb as a site of renal bicarbonate reabsorption. Semin Nephrol 13: 225-235, 1993.- F: D3 s# w  _* d

; ?# n# k& E: n$ n5 o6 H. h2 I3 U+ {' M. i$ ^2 l, l9 a2 H" ~
& V8 q! C; p, T  D: w
Good DW. PGE 2 reverses AVP inhibition of HCO 3 - absorption in rat MTAL by activation of protein kinase C. Am J Physiol Renal Fluid Electrolyte Physiol 270: F978-F985, 1996.
/ F: f' x; Z  [1 @1 l5 N6 _# r2 K5 \7 b* Q$ v  Y
3 s" V8 w8 V5 v! A* ]

4 R2 D5 l0 ?) s; g* h2 iGood DW. Nerve growth factor regulates HCO 3 - absorption in thick ascending limb: modifying effects of vasopressin. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 274: C931-C939, 1998.& b; O$ s: X$ W: k1 y9 X" J+ ^

- R4 m' G2 e% Q" N* @1 ?& j* {  L0 @. V/ |3 J. X

4 w) `9 b6 ~" f" `- l0 m, b$ JGood DW, Di Mari JF, and Watts BA III. Hyposmolality stimulates Na   /H   exchange and HCO 3 - absorption in thick ascending limb via PI3-kinase. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279: C1443-C1454, 2000.
" Z4 |4 g2 U2 |% r* s4 ~8 z
) r4 q6 z, W8 L4 ?5 I1 n* ?+ A) u( \( n) k' ?4 m) _
2 C# P, Q4 `/ L$ w5 r
Good DW and George T. Neurotrophin-3 inhibits HCO 3 - absorption via a cAMP-dependent pathway in renal thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281: C1804-C1811, 2001.& G5 ~/ D: ]' U; Y" v2 G, h! w. L

5 R) N+ O" h5 x" Y/ H0 C: k8 H9 K+ o" ^( x
% A, m. V& E1 P
Good DW, George T, and Watts BA III. Aldosterone inhibits HCO 3 - absorption via a nongenomic pathway in medullary thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283: F699-F706, 2002.6 z; m( e% O* T  T

- y6 V4 e+ E! E4 ^2 y8 L" K) L

4 M2 j0 N" O5 bGood DW, George T, and Watts BA III. Aldosterone potentiates 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D 3 action in thick ascending limb via a nongenomic, ERK-dependent pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285: C1122-C1130, 2003.
) C# @/ u6 P# P2 w( ~! t* X2 l- l& z8 {) ?7 d% `3 }; k
' A( R9 B2 |; |) j9 K
- l4 j2 N+ ~: w0 M. H
Good DW, George T, and Watts BA III. Nongenomic regulation by aldosterone of the epithelial NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290: C757-C763, 2006.2 N/ b2 r/ |8 w- h
1 f4 r% c6 c+ r. y5 \; j" s) j

' R6 f& J3 R( J# j
  p/ `5 T5 q; ?Good DW, George T, and Watts BA III. Nerve growth factor inhibits Na   /H   exchange and HCO 3 - absorption via parallel PI3K/p70S6 kinase and MEK/ERK signaling pathways in medullary thick ascending limb. J Am Soc Nephrol 16: 83A, 2005.
9 o5 i4 O4 H: J7 I" n
* i- T  [/ f/ J) d0 j
" \1 _6 B" ]6 v) C
! s( l1 f, H/ n0 M8 @8 {9 RGood DW and Watts BA III. Functional roles of apical membrane Na   /H   exchange in rat medullary thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Renal Fluid Electrolyte Physiol 270: F691-F699, 1996.' l9 ~$ N; ?6 u

7 `& j8 b' ?; [! y7 K& h  e3 j4 l, J; x3 \
6 c: g7 ^8 i* G0 S
Harvey BJ, Condliffe S, and Doolan CM. Sex and salt hormones: rapid effects in epithelia. News Physiol Sci 16: 174-177, 2001.4 c& X+ O. x9 |  z5 ~0 Y' n

) Y% u5 i/ g  z, c
! }& v4 _+ W9 V% a! [# ?
$ b6 h" _7 J3 E6 |( A0 xHarvey BJ and Higgins M. Nongenomic effects of aldosterone on Ca 2  in M-1 cortical collecting duct cells. Kidney Int 57: 1395-1403, 2000.
8 ~% d% I1 U9 Y  _8 G" v4 `* U8 F) D" |3 d
' p# h2 ~* |' V0 |. [

% {9 Z1 @. G3 L* ^Haseroth K, Gerdes D, Berger S, Feuring M, Gunther A, Herbst C, Christ M, and Wehling M. Rapid nongenomic effects of aldosterone in mineralocorticoid-receptor-knockout mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 266: 257-261, 1999.# {+ ^1 v; {5 \4 ?: V- ?0 e' O# d6 h
  E4 \0 s; Q  n  |  W: g( R; Q0 Z6 J* q
) L' p/ a$ g) Q, n8 T: T- g
9 X" @+ c8 w9 |; y" Y
Huang Y, Kim SO, Jiang J, and Frank SJ. Growth hormone-induced phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor in 3T3-F442A cells. Modulation of EGF-induced trafficking and signaling. J Biol Chem 278: 18902-18913, 2003.* ^: h* x  t' ~

' b- x! S) y& \) |& N! A# q
/ x! z: s! D9 B) g8 b
& o  x6 I5 Y# }7 L! n7 C+ cKoppel H, Christ M, Yard BA, Bar PC, van der Woude FJ, and Welling M. Nongenomic effects of aldosterone on human renal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88: 1297-1302, 2003.
! C  R3 P; b% d2 ]5 Z! J
5 N, _7 |1 [- t6 U" z, I+ Z. G  F0 j3 P) F. r% Y0 J
7 y2 C8 V  Y+ {6 s% N( k: q
Le Moellic C, Ouvrard-Pascaud A, Capurro C, Cluzeaud F, Fay M, Jaisser F, Farman N, and Blot-Chabaud M. Early nongenomic events in aldosterone action in renal collecting duct cells: PKC activation, mineralocorticoid receptor phosphorylation, and cross-talk with the genomic response. J Am Soc Nephrol 15: 1145-1160, 2004.0 E4 a" H" \& t1 U* i" y) z
5 v4 G. Y( V7 c5 R
7 @5 |1 V, ^+ n: ^6 u2 ~6 q2 l  R: X
! x9 k" m, C* y' Z3 N
Liu F and Gesek FA. 1 -Adrenergic receptors activate NHE1 and NHE3 through distinct signaling pathways in epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280: F415-F425, 2001.$ w: [$ l/ J1 o8 z
4 e" n, d' `4 B
6 v& k1 B* F+ a

) G. o" j1 R6 _+ p4 KLiu SL, Schmuck S, Chorazcyzewski JZ, Gros R, and Feldman RD. Aldosterone regulates vascular reactivity: short-term effects mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent nitric oxide synthase activation. Circulation 108: 2400-2406, 2003.+ `! Y4 N& s" T1 L* m2 F% ]
5 \, Y/ O; N4 i) ^
  B* K3 i+ u7 |- j2 E/ M$ q# O
" A  i! c2 K1 Z9 i" l/ K
Loffing J, Summa V, Zecevic M, and Verrey F. Mediators of aldosterone action in the renal tubule. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 10: 667-675, 2001.
# W: w! k9 Y. D9 e$ v
! u* C+ v! _1 m
* ]7 G* Z, N' V7 o8 Z/ `
, A. k! g  m; s+ r$ U) f! sLorenz JN, Schultheis PJ, Traynor T, Shull GE, and Schnerman J. Micropuncture analysis of single-nephron function in NHE3-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 277: F447-F453, 1999.+ F3 s* ^4 `8 u0 d( h; h; I

! W% \; I: t/ x, h2 h  ?9 P+ M  w0 ^0 V
( I1 ^* s  Q' c4 T9 e
Maguire D, MacNamara B, Cuffe JE, Winter D, Doolan CM, Urbach V, O'Sullivan GC, and Harvey BJ. Rapid responses to aldosterone in human distal colon. Steroids 64: 51-63, 1999.7 ^: C5 `) I& `7 @" ^" p/ n
6 G) {0 Q( R0 G, X+ [1 k
4 D6 b  m7 F8 d

2 F) R. a8 D6 @9 ZMichea L, Delpiano AM, Hitschfeld C, Lobos L, Lavandero S, and Marusic ET. Eplerenone blocks nongenomic effects of aldosterone on the Na   /H   exchanger, intracellular Ca 2  levels, and vasoconstriction in mesenteric resistance vessels. Endocrinology 146: 973-980, 2005.
  U# X* K, C& S  b/ V! V
' l  S2 r" a, a* i8 O6 S9 Q4 @
8 G+ r. m- l! r! n$ D% x# ?# Q4 k3 j- X! O9 V3 D$ z+ M  D
Mihailidon AS, Mardini M, and Funder JW. Rapid, nongenomic effects of aldosterone in the heart mediated by epsilon protein kinase C. Endocrinology 145: 773-780, 2004.
6 l! d3 R8 w$ H! q$ O8 \1 A4 K' D: W
- S9 s9 U: n. Z% {# L$ O  K% L

3 R& M. ]6 F3 g) lMoe OW. Acute regulation of proximal tubule apical membrane Na/H exchanger NHE3: role of phosphorylation, protein trafficking, and regulatory factors. J Am Soc Nephrol 10: 2412-2425, 1999.3 _/ N6 b- n% \/ B
* c, i, [5 b  ]4 S" U: U

4 W1 E! M8 Q% O* t8 O+ W% q& ]" T- M( r
Moor AN and Fliegel L. Protein kinase-mediated regulation of the Na   /H   exchanger in the rat myocardium by mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathways. J Biol Chem 274: 22985-22992, 1999.
9 t9 q; |2 B# f5 W
* `0 g8 `$ E* h$ p& P6 f* _. U% y5 i. B+ n
- E: A) c4 E& [( i- }- f& ?# o
Oliver R III, Friday E, Turturro F, Lacy A, and Welbourne T. Troglitazone's rapid and sustained activation of ERK1/2 induces cellular acidosis in LLC-PK 1 -F   cells: physiological responses. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288: F1257-F1266, 2005.3 L3 l, f' H' ?( Y( j* N5 l+ ?; ~3 s

9 @7 k( ?' m5 m2 ?' K9 G+ Z
& M3 A7 d0 z( p2 n2 N; {/ X9 w9 u! C8 W
Orlowski J and Grinstein S. Diversity of the mammalian sodium/proton exchanger SLC9 gene family. Pflügers Arch 447: 549-565, 2004.( M, g9 J& y' J; h% a

* {7 b5 b" w) U
: Y- E; a+ j( R9 v! H# s6 Y% X" g# c0 Z0 r9 f
Orlowski J, Kandasamy RA, and Shull GE. Molecular cloning of putative members of the Na/H exchanger gene family. cDNA cloning, deduced amino acid sequence, and mRNA tissue expression of the rat Na/H exchanger NHE1 and two structurally related proteins. J Biol Chem 267: 9331-9339, 1992.1 H5 y, S3 d3 F1 j0 }
0 L& o2 y; @. O  e' I% K
9 c2 S2 ?# u0 @: ?

* X2 y# K/ Q+ f! UPutney LK, Denker SP, and Barber DL. The changing face of the Na   /H   ehchanger, NHE1: Structure, regulation, and cellular actions. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 42: 527-552, 2002.
3 P7 `5 S$ W( R/ d5 E4 w' w( z4 _: S8 T7 p
+ g2 n9 |' z6 `& a

% `8 W# X' e  ~) s: n: cRad AK, Balment RJ, and Ashton N. Rapid natriuretic action of aldosterone in the rat. J Appl Physiol 98: 423-428, 2005., S+ m# p7 M$ W8 Q. [9 C! q
$ _3 X, A2 M9 s+ V6 W
) O; X& O' U% o, A: ?9 S* Y0 ]1 ~- `

0 Y& f& `' Y2 j7 A" m1 R2 {Rossier BC and Palmer LG. Mechanisms of aldosterone action on sodium and potassium transport. In: The Kidney: Physiology and Pathophysiology, edited by Seldin DW and Giebisch G. New York, NY: Raven, 1992, p. 1373-1409.9 f( X& W& V7 M5 [# @0 P9 K
; ]6 i* u' R5 f
, P, x. N% n) D

( l6 I$ L* P6 DRossol-Haseroth K, Zhou Q, Braun S, Boldyreff B, Falkenstein E, Wehling M, and Losel RM. Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists do not block rapid ERK activation by aldosterone. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318: 281-288, 2004.
0 p- D% p6 o0 B+ T# Q$ O: e, N$ o

- \1 X  A$ A! M7 }4 k  W$ B6 m( @) {! x3 V/ `- d
Schultheis PJ, Clarke LL, Meneton P, Miller ML, Soleimani M, Gawenis LR, Riddle TM, Duffy JJ, Doetschman T, Wang T, Giebisch G, Aronson PS, Lorenz JN, and Shull GE. Renal and intestinal absorption defects in mice lacking the NHE3 Na   /H   exchanger. Nat Genet 19: 282-285, 1998.
. _$ j. L1 ?$ b; D+ [6 L& E, I- V/ N/ `# P2 I0 _8 p
0 n( \9 P% J' A$ |/ d: l

" G* v8 T! R7 X9 LSheader EA, Wargent ET, Ashton N, and Balment RJ. Rapid stimulation of cyclic AMP production by aldosterone in rat inner medullary collecting duct. J Endocrinol 175: 343-347, 2002.0 u. j8 l" d! b7 J
7 V0 {  X$ @9 X
3 v+ Q- G+ |4 `1 T

9 A2 F. ?# y; d6 vTakahashi E, Abe J, Gallis B, Aebersold R, Springs DJ, Krebs EG, and Berk BC. p90 RSK is a serum-stimulated Na   /H   exchanger isoform-1 kinase. J Biol Chem 274: 20206-20214, 1999.' ^) v2 I, _  S& i! V  {
1 V7 ~) c/ K; l' N- {

3 X& g- K8 w6 F+ V! a) N2 [$ M
( ?$ \/ \* M9 N9 H$ yTsuganezawa H, Sato S, Yamagi Y, Preisig PA, Moe OW, and Alpern RJ. Role of c-SRC and ERK in acid-induced activation of NHE3. Kidney Int 62: 41-50, 2002.# ?( ?. ~, a4 t5 y
7 e5 R( ]2 N9 w4 }% P  f

% C! C7 w0 i* Z8 S
6 K0 ?9 X  E/ U/ c! D: wTumlin JA, Lea JP, Swanson CE, Smith CL, Edge SS, and Someren JS. Aldosterone and dexamethasone stimulate calcineurin activity through a transcription-independent mechanism involving steroid receptor-associated heat shock proteins. J Clin Invest 99: 1217-1223, 1997.! ^& F& d6 b* \. u' Q( m

% E; T- ~" A% G8 _* w$ @4 O: I! e0 V. A$ g4 L

3 o! m+ O, d6 ~) ~/ l* w$ e& hUrbach V and Harvey BJ. Rapid and non-genomic reduction of intracellular [Ca 2  ] induced by aldosterone in human bronchial epithelium. J Physiol 537: 267-275, 2001.
$ F" ]7 Z( N+ ~4 @2 R7 s
, ~* U( n0 U% ^8 g3 v0 a8 R7 l7 M* A. V: h# o, \: G8 ^7 @& s
3 G% o5 x3 k! ?4 H
Wakabayashi S, Shigekawa M, and Pouyssegur J. Molecular physiology of vertebrate Na   /H   exchangers. Physiol Rev 77: 51-74, 1997.0 G5 L& h( c. q1 K, A& W, E4 C+ `
9 G% f& ?) `1 I8 H! Z9 i2 q

8 x; k0 m, R8 C
, ]6 s5 J& Z3 J& nWang T, Yang CL, Abbiati T, Schultheis PJ, Shull GE, Giebisch G, and Aronson PS. Mechanism of proximal tubule bicarbonate absorption in NHE3 null mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 277: F298-F302, 1999.
+ ^0 C7 X5 `# y) o: F, s3 L0 j" |7 H7 L3 U8 b/ T$ `, h/ F% T! w

5 o  U3 \  F: y" w
6 ]- M* H: f# r9 a( k4 YWatts BA III, Di Mari JF, Davis RJ, and Good DW. Hypertonicity activates MAP kinases and inhibits HCO 3 - absorption via distinct pathways in thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 275: F478-F486, 1998.
1 R$ w5 ?6 G- {) r
5 b$ n* [2 H. ?1 K6 L
6 P4 n8 J' _/ N9 g! Z7 m) R# p( l/ {6 ~* H
Watts BA III, George T, and Good DW. Nerve growth factor inhibits HCO 3 - absorption in renal thick ascending limb through inhibition of basolateral membrane Na   /H   exchange. J Biol Chem 274: 7841-7847, 1999.3 r% z* Z" k+ \( k) G
  `  _% n/ y+ T5 T" g; p# K
9 Q. q9 n" o% `6 \9 a

' O1 a# {& K3 @  X. `% qWatts BA III, George T, and Good DW. The basolateral NHE1 Na   /H   exchanger regulates transepithelial HCO 3 - absorption through actin cytoskeleton remodeling in renal thick ascending limb. J Biol Chem 280: 11439-11447, 2005.% y& s9 o  n  q, M4 p
* g% Z; x3 L% {0 a3 F

/ `6 x5 v6 n. [/ S- D( V
( r3 C1 F) s0 S) V! {) aWatts BA III and Good DW. Apical membrane Na   /H   exchange in rat medullary thick ascending limb: pH i -dependence and inhibition by hyperosmolality. J Biol Chem 269: 20250-20255, 1994., {; k2 @. z+ I$ E" h. J

5 b/ z3 B; a, ^3 {6 {( b
4 T# r) N& a4 \2 q4 A3 P8 u5 L$ l8 X5 D* a
Watts BA III and Good DW. Hyposmolality stimulates apical membrane Na   /H   exchange and HCO 3 - absorption in renal thick ascending limb. J Clin Invest 104: 1593-1602, 1999.
. h2 a" H; o  Q3 i+ H* Z1 Y
. p+ \: y' X2 p0 ]* {1 P
% t  O2 u0 Z- f& g5 e( p3 {" G4 @( q4 [2 [; s
Watts BA III and Good DW. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates inhibition of Na   /H   exchange and HCO 3 - absorption by nerve growth factor in MTAL. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282: F1056-F1063, 2002.1 ?' S3 S  E% Q  q
1 h' Z' Q7 V4 V/ ]4 _

# _9 |1 z& l, P- K4 Y; m7 ]; z8 ?/ B
Winter DC, Schneider MF, O'Sullivan GC, Harvey BJ, and Geibel JP. Rapid effects of aldosterone on sodium-hydrogen exchange in isolated colonic crypts. J Membr Biol 170: 17-26, 1999.0 `& `$ _3 w( f8 S- V, A
+ b! F/ a2 h# D4 p. K

5 b0 P3 v; `  A9 _" t( G+ x# l  Q6 [4 `8 S
Winter C, Schulz N, Giebisch G, Geibel JP, and Wagner CA. Nongenomic stimulation of vacuolar H   -ATPases in intercalated renal tubule cells by aldosterone. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101: 2636-2641, 2004.
; |, A9 t2 _2 K3 y# H0 X+ o" h$ y' R

# q* A( @, i! x; Y6 S  o9 ~0 z; a% Y
Zachos NC and Donowitz M. Molecular physiology of intestinal Na   /H   exchange. Annu Rev Physiol 67: 411-443, 2005.
. J  U2 z/ x  G3 n: @7 Z" ^! Z6 D3 Q, K: y: D
7 o$ E) w) ~) V0 j& y% V0 n
; Z) i- r1 M  G# o% p; H
Zhou ZH and Bubien JK. Nongenomic regulation of ENaC by aldosterone. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281: C1118-C1130, 2001.

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-5-31 17:10 |只看该作者
自己知道了  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-6-19 16:01 |只看该作者
拿把椅子看表演