查看: 14039|回复: 0
go

CCR: human endometrial CSC [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-10-27 13:08 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jul 1;15(13):4299-311. Epub 2009 Jun 9. Related Articles, LinkOut 1 ?) v9 H2 S2 N/ i1 o6 i

- s8 R2 D( s# X" ?) C3 w! O% j9 J$ ^6 e) T
Cells with characteristics of cancer stem/progenitor cells express the CD133 antigen in human endometrial tumors.
4 z, |7 @" i3 l! i2 a# \) U9 V. J& V3 i" y& B
Rutella S, Bonanno G, Procoli A, Mariotti A, Corallo M, Prisco MG, Eramo A, Napoletano C, Gallo D, Perillo A, Nuti M, Pierelli L, Testa U, Scambia G, Ferrandina G.
5 _3 J$ j% q/ y: G- A  f% Z! ~' X3 s7 x* A
Department of Hematology and Department of Gynecology, Catholic University Medical School, USA. srutella@rm.unicatt.it- K3 {: D+ z6 R' d' Y
! y0 t7 j$ A2 U9 Y9 l) m- B
PURPOSE: Cancer stem cells represent an attractive therapeutic target for tumor eradication. The present study aimed to determine whether CD133 expression may identify cells with characteristics of cancer stem/progenitor cells in human endometrial tumors. EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: We analyzed 113 tumor samples for CD133/1 expression by flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and semiquantitative reverse transcription-PCR. CD133(+) cells were isolated and used to assess phenotypic characteristics, self-renewal capacity, ability to maintain CD133 expression and form sphere-like structures in long-term cultures, sensitivity to chemotherapeutic agents, gene expression profile, and ability to initiate tumors in NOD/SCID mice. RESULTS: Primary tumor samples exhibited a variable degree of immunoreactivity for CD133/1, ranging from 1.3% to 62.6%, but stained negatively for other endothelial and stem cell-associated markers. Isolated CD133(+) cells expanded up to 4.6-fold in serum-replenished cultures and coexpressed the GalNAcalpha1-O-Ser/Thr MUC-1 glycoform, a well-characterized tumor-associated antigen. Dissociated bulk tumors formed sphere-like structures; cells grown as tumor spheres maintained CD133 expression and could be propagated for up to 12 weeks. CD133(+) cells purified from endometrioid adenocarcinomas were resistant to cisplatin-induced and paclitaxel-induced cytotoxicity and expressed a peculiar gene signature consisting of high levels of matrix metalloproteases, interleukin-8, CD44, and CXCR4. When serially transplanted into NOD/SCID mice, CD133(+) cells were capable of initiating tumor formation and recapitulating the phenotype of the original tumor. CONCLUSIONS: CD133 is expressed by human endometrial cancers and might represent a valuable tool to identify cells with cancer stem cell characteristics.3 b% F; K* Y, v
6 [8 S* H. M- x6 ?0 ?
Publication Types: % `' T5 a; h5 j# U
Evaluation Studies1 c9 K4 `4 |; e& k  `/ i
Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't2 _! c5 S4 Q# n) N& q4 I2 F$ w
& q: a( b* d# _
PMID: 19509143) D: X' Z" o7 \4 G' E
; |  U" k7 S3 o' f
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )