积分
威望
包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2010-9-21 21:56 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Glance at last issue:; j  R0 L9 e* ?9 p; @7 Q9 s
/ ~7 e# }$ m- h+ u2 f
"These tools could be used either to manufacture transplantable material or to directly stimulate new cell growth in the eye to help restore or improve the vision of those with diabetic retinopathy [DR]."--Dr Marcus Fruttiger of the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology,.' L8 ~4 c6 b  N

4 E, T; H/ G: M+ ~, k"The timing is remarkable. With the summit comes a chance to put this on the front page. This is perhaps our greatest window to talk about it and try to get Congress to change the law before a new Congress comes in."--Bernard Siegel, executive director of the Genetics Policy Institute, the Florida-based group sponsoring the World Stem Cell Summit.. E& g, P2 C, C/ r9 Q

; K( _1 O: @$ m  k; W! q"This program provides a unique opportunity for engineers to generate standardized and quantitative methods for stem cell isolation, characterization, propagation and differentiation. These techniques must be developed in a scalable manner to efficiently produce sufficient numbers of stem cells and derivatives in accessible formats in order to yield a spectrum of novel therapeutic and diagnostic applications of stem cells."--Robert M. Nerem, professor emeritus of the George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech, director of the Georgia Tech/Emory Center (GTEC) for Regenerative Medicine,! b2 G$ D. y* e1 M  S1 e- {

; J+ u% E0 y% N. I: l9 x7 `"We have proved we can use the placenta as a source for a product that doesn't require a match between the donor and patient...We assume we can get 30 to 50 percent of this $10 billion market."--Chief Executive Zami Aberman of Pluristem Therapeutics.
+ u' E8 q- i/ U+ W+ E' G/ D
2 t8 ^, O, b6 T/ |"These preclinical data provide clear evidence that regeneration of functional renal tissue can delay progression of chronic kidney disease."--Rusty Kelley, Ph.D., Senior Scientist at Tengion.: {% T( x5 e% S8 F, t. E& P
/ ~. K( r( I2 r( }# i$ [5 p
"It's great that 'Big Pharma' is considering regenerative medicines as a serious possibility."--Professor Pete Coffey of the University College London Institute of Ophthalmology.; T  z3 V) T: i& r( d+ O! N: Q

; ~$ k, j% m5 \7 j4 o"This is a significant milestone in fulfilling our Company's commitment to provide stem cells for clinical trials designed to help people suffering with medical conditions for which there are no other options. We will now be able to supply our proprietary stem cells to our research and clinical trial partners worldwide."--Maynard Howe, PhD, Stemedica's Chief Executive Officer.
7 f5 {% p+ i3 \- R: O8 x
+ ^# Y9 Y: o+ y3 H" {' f" W9 Q"There is appropriate concern about whether regenerative medicine, as promising as it is, can be a business. This (the granting of the patent) illustrates to the industry that there is a real chance for commercial development."--Andrew Pecora, who co-founded Amorcyte and is now its board chairman.) \' j: B0 |8 L) e" C

3 y% u4 Q1 Z+ u"A review of the available clinical literature reveals a split in the benefit of left ventricular ejection fraction—some studies show no benefit and others show a small improvement. Any number of factors can influence this outcome: the way the ejection fraction is measured, the timing of BMC administration, how many cells are delivered, the type of STEMI patient population. There are a lot of variables, leading some to question whether ejection fraction is the most appropriate endpoint for cell therapy trials."--Jay H. Traverse, MD, cardiologist at the Minneapolis Heart Institute at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
$ U" k# |0 h% r( v, v; ]) _9 {$ r
"Any therapeutic product that is preserved for some time and then used for treatment is a manipulated product and can lead to death. Therapeutic products derived from stem cells, genes, xenotransplants... all fall under this category, and hence, need some regulation to their use. This is an attempt to bring that into effect."--An Indian official at the ministry of health., j4 i. O7 C9 n7 u
$ q8 V2 i6 Z( ~0 o
"With the recent upheavals, scientists have again been reminded that human embryonic stem cell research is on fragile and fickle footing."--George Daley.8 e  r  n% F9 s" _/ [# d+ [; n" m

; R! u; i2 {$ R
- T( z, ^! D: v0 s8 F. n8 ?$ xThis issue:
9 t$ H2 q! Z6 m, G- {+ F7 `4 I
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 10 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 08:38