查看: 439150|回复: 260
go

Concise Review: Stem Cell Antigen-1: Expression, Function, and Enigma [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-3-5 00:54 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
作者:Christina Holmesa, William L. Stanforda,b作者单位:aInstitute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada;bDepartment of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
5 Z! n" }$ N' T                  % h9 z6 B9 u, O& u# f0 c: S. N

H& k- j' {, S% \$ [0 h( G+ J          + D/ t1 v2 ?, N/ }7 H
                         # a$ w) O# s! N4 M+ @' i
            ' G' i( Q" G- _& e/ y' i3 M1 {
            * ?4 i0 h: B/ N( H0 G7 J
            + A* P! g% t% y- u4 }/ ^8 F
            / V0 a( W4 Z( U0 S" Y

8 w2 E- V! a. Z# m        $ C. b" ]2 q4 M8 n

9 }& R) x2 {# ?3 G, ~; F        
2 Y- K) {# U, ?7 h! i- [4 x          【摘要】$ i; x7 N; ^+ Y- M$ m
      Cloned 20 years ago, stem cell antigen-1 (Sca-1) is used extensively to enrich for murine hematopoietic stem cells. The realization that many different stem cell types share conserved biochemical pathways has led to a flood of recent research using Sca-1 as a candidate marker in the search for tissue-resident and cancer stem cells. Although surprisingly little is still known about its biochemical function, the generation and analysis of knockout mice has begun to shed light on the functions of Sca-1 in stem and progenitor cells, demonstrating that it is more than a convenient marker for stem cell biologists. This review summarizes the plethora of recent findings utilizing Sca-1 as a parenchymal stem cell marker and detailing its functional role in stem and progenitor cells and also attempts to explain the lingering mysteries surrounding its biochemical function and human ortholog.) J$ |, _5 k4 \, ?! Y) x# V+ i

0 j5 V# _9 M3 i* S7 R7 S# dDisclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. 9 f9 a  ?0 n& m+ s9 z
          【关键词】 Stem cell antigen- Lymphocyte activation protein-A Stem cell Self-renewal Glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored protein Lipid rafts
8 ?; w" p- ~4 M. i4 x                  INTRODUCTION
) T5 G, K6 B9 V5 l) l; B6 m/ O. c3 [1 b  F
Stem cell antigen-1 (Sca-1) is an 18-kDa mouse glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored cell surface protein (GPI-AP) of the Ly6 gene family. Originally identified as an antigen upregulated on activated lymphocytes more than 30 years ago . Like other GPI-APs, Ly6 proteins are thus physically located in an ideal position from which to regulate or coactivate cell signaling via receptor-ligand binding or other protein-protein interactions; however, the exact molecular mechanism by which these proteins act remains unclear.
6 S  v4 F$ f9 \' s. P) `0 o2 f0 ^" z! W' t
EXPRESSION" P  y6 L# T% h
) O! I& i, ~: g$ J
Sca-1 is the most common marker used to enrich adult murine hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) .
+ D2 Z! s+ B! i% [4 K* |2 m1 B1 L# l5 ~( Q
Sca-1 expression is regulated in a complex fashion in hematopoietic ontology. As HSCs differentiate into common myeloid progenitors, Sca-1 expression is downregulated .
: L0 O% `; I" q) H
( s1 s1 G2 V5 u7 \Outside the hematopoietic system, Sca-1 is similarly expressed by a mixture of stem, progenitor, and differentiated cell types in a wide variety of tissues and organs. Thus, Sca-1 is used routinely in combination with negative selection against mature markers for enrichment of stem and progenitor cells. With the exception of flow cytometry (fluorescence-activated cell sorting), traditional methods for detecting this Sca-1 expression have posed many challenges. Redundancy among Ly6 genes prevents Northern analysis from being useful and requires exceptionally stringent reverse transcription- or quantitative-polymerase chain reaction conditions, whereas various Sca-1 antibodies are less than ideal for Western analysis and immunostaining. Transgenic mouse lines using a Sca-1 promoter driving LacZ  have thus proved instrumental in facilitating more detailed expression studies. Overall, Sca-1 is expressed in the hematopoietic system, bone marrow, kidney, uterus, brain, mammary gland, prostate, liver, lung, pancreas, skin, thymus, lymph nodes, spleen, muscle, and bone of adult mice as well as the aorta-gonad-mesonephros, yolk sack, limb buds, urogenital ridge, liver, and hindgut region of midgestation embryos.' o* A# X2 E- d, n( X
* b0 i0 I- o5 k# |1 C& `
Sca-1 Expression Associated with Tissue-Resident Stem and Progenitor Cells
0 C* a/ O& ?8 L  }1 C
' t( B2 i0 W) B& N8 ^4 U, ?5 y* fUsing strategies based upon HSC enrichment, many groups are attempting to prospectively isolate and characterize stem/progenitor cells from a variety of tissues. To date, Sca-1 expression has been identified on putative stem/progenitor cell populations within the skeletal system . However, whether these Sca-1 positive populations are truly tissue-specific precursor/stem cells or represent hematopoietic, mesenchymal, or endothelial precursor/stem cells associated with these tissues is not known in all cases. Intriguingly, Sca-1 is also upregulated in a variety of murine tumors, consistent with the cancer stem cell theory.: f  @% Q: Z: H- }
5 y( O9 m8 b4 ], i9 L4 I& S* M& k4 [. Z
Often, Sca-1 is coexpressed with side population (SP) activity, another phenotypic marker used to enrich stem/progenitor cells. SP cells efflux Hoechst dye via the ATP-binding cassette transporter protein ABCG2, thus appearing on the side of the FACS bulk population. Like Sca-1 expression, SP activity enriches for HSCs . Although unlikely to be universal stem/progenitor cell markers, Sca-1 expression and/or SP activity are often used as candidate markers to fractionate cell populations to test for stem/progenitor cell characteristics. However, marker expression without accompanying functional assays, such as clonal multipotentiality and self-renewal, is largely meaningless. Additionally, in situ localization analysis of marker expression within the tissue is crucial to distinguish between tissue-specific resident stem/progenitor cells and multipotent hematopoietic, endothelial, or mesenchymal progenitors associated with the tissue vasculature and circulation, all of which express Sca-1.
" ^, B; U& N8 r- C$ v1 A: W/ y% v8 n. ]5 @$ o1 O" `# Z
Although Sca-1 is widely used to prospectively isolate stem cells from various tissues, in many systems robust in vitro and in vivo functional stem cell assays have yet to be developed, making it difficult to discern between bona fide stem cells and their committed progeny (i.e., those with a lower capacity for self-renewal and higher probability of undergoing terminal differentiation). Furthermore, controversies remain as to the nature, function, and/or origin of the prospective stem/progenitor populations isolated from certain tissues using presently available methods. The following is thus intended to summarize the available evidence, given current state of the art techniques, linking Sca-1 expression with stem/progenitor cell activity (Table 1) and cancer." }0 u6 N6 s, u, s6 D; R9 U

* c: t4 w1 G1 Q" sTable 1. Stem/progenitor cell characteristics reported for tissue-resident Sca-1  cell populations3 K8 ^* }0 a3 w/ P2 |( u( W- Q; G

! V3 T# T1 }% L' a  b7 x- P& K# \Musculoskeletal System
$ ^8 H  s: o: R6 K2 M% J
# ~( f; K; K6 U7 j. o' BAdherent marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells/mesenchymal progenitor cells (MSC/MPC), although largely heterogeneous, express Sca-1 together with the adhesion molecules CD29 and CD44 and show no expression of hematopoietic and endothelial markers such as CD45, CD11b, and CD31. Subpopulations of these progenitors have been demonstrated to differentiate both in vitro and in vivo into lineages including bone, fat, cartilage, and muscle and have contributed to in vivo repair of bone and cartilage defects .: ?2 M  M. |/ S$ L) f  s' ]7 Y

# v) Z( t8 ^6 k5 z, K/ X" N$ @7 yAlthough it remains controversial whether skeletal muscle satellite (stem) cells express Sca-1 . Whether this population of Sca-1-expressing nonhematopoietic cells is distinct from bone marrow-derived MSC remains to be elucidated." o. c& @4 e2 K7 r5 a0 N% p/ |

% Y6 r$ M# n+ O/ G) c3 H! WProstate9 A3 b$ }( C! ?# c# a3 M" Y! H
3 A$ e" n2 l! ]
FACS analysis of dissociated murine prostate tissue revealed Sca-1 expression in 15% of cells . Thus, Sca-1 can be used to enrich for murine prostate cells that display many stem/progenitor cell-like properties.
0 `8 N# ^$ P: X3 e! D, o3 ^% {  i4 P% j& D# y
Dermis7 ?+ F- b- r+ a5 ~6 g

0 m8 U2 j; {0 d& A+ BThe neonatal and adult dermis contains neural crest-derived multipotent cells called skin-derived precursors (SKPs). SKPs express Sca-1, nestin, and fibronectin and can differentiate in vitro into mesodermal cells (smooth muscle and adipocytes) as well as in vitro and in vivo into neural cells (glia, Schwann cells, and neurons) .
% F5 E7 j: t8 \" E; V
- a2 C2 m, T: r, o. ?Cardiovascular System. b8 _- l- y5 ]
4 t0 v0 Z/ K; }: g% Z+ o9 M# T
Recent research has suggested that latent populations of cardiac precursors exist in the adult myocardium. More than 93% of adult cardiac SP cells are Sca-1 CD45¨CCD34¨C, exhibit levels of telomerase expression similar to neonatal myocardium, and express cardiogenic transcription factors and do not express cardiac structural genes until stimulated to differentiate in vitro . However, in all cases the selected Sca-1  populations differed in their gene expression profiles." t3 i5 ?7 N$ y- i. w9 k
% B8 Y' ~. a; A/ r
Sca-1  cells may play a regenerative role following myocardial infarction (MI). The number of endogenous Sca-1 CD31¨C cells increased significantly 7 days after MI, as did the expression of Sca-1 protein . It thus remains to be determined how or whether these populations are related, and which marker(s) will be best for isolation of therapeutically relevant cardiac progenitors.
( e; q4 `0 O. g  |
* H7 c2 f: \! M; X8 H% vAlthough the origin and function of endothelial progenitor cells remain controversial, they represent another population of cardiovascular progenitors with possible therapeutic applications. Bone marrow cells expressing Sca-1 and Flk1, for example, have demonstrated endothelial differentiation both in vitro and in vivo .
# s- T) S0 a- J; |/ \! `% f
# n( w" J0 q# U) OLiver8 Q* `% r9 t( M% j3 i7 @

" N. N% j1 h! o$ V; N2 X# |* p6 cRather than the hepatocyte proliferation that accompanies other forms of liver damage, hepatic toxins induce regeneration by bipotent hepatic oval cells, which differentiate into hepatocytes or bile duct epithelial cells . Whether these SP cells are distinct from HSCs remains a matter of debate.
! S" D+ Z, f. t9 G# }! ]
6 y& c; h4 y' u# H6 m: S2 a& nMammary Gland( P) l/ u: G" |4 Y4 N, ]4 u8 s# m
( k% C. J3 T& d/ P) r( S
FACS analysis revealed that 20% of murine mammary epithelial cells express Sca-1, as do 75% of SP cells .
" F+ s9 R+ p/ o, E  o+ O. R9 E+ q1 N# v  X5 {+ Q  ?' X3 N8 z: S
Other Tissues7 t" {1 G# r. g5 X- o+ p" `9 c& Q

- n0 }6 r- J- M& F5 Q& Y$ |% `In many tissues where Sca-1 is expressed, it remains unclear whether Sca-1  cells include tissue resident progenitors. Sca-1 expression and the SP phenotype overlap substantially in the lung (although it is unclear whether these SP Sca-1  cells express CD45 , it is unlikely that Sca-1 is expressed on brain-derived neural progenitors./ {3 r$ e2 x# J' H6 {* e
4 z8 `$ ^3 I' \# a9 o  y5 e
It is crucial to note that there are many tissues where Sca-1 expression and/or SP activity have been demonstrated not to be associated with progenitor activity. In the testis, for example, conflicting transplantation studies .! k9 S; u& @! a; c( ]

; P0 \. n% d! [9 uSca-1 Expression in Cancer% z1 N- N3 z) E6 s' H& B/ D
& j) }" `7 W' [1 b" K$ S
A variety of murine cancers including retinoblastoma .. f0 T2 u3 ~7 Z3 j0 g
- J+ [( A2 x$ ~4 K1 z! h1 v# c
FUNCTION% J  @) ~( @$ D  P1 r( w

" n; m, x% {7 X6 P2 r1 KIt is widely believed that receptor-ligand interactions underlie the function of many Ly6 proteins, potentially mediating cell-cell adhesion and signaling. Overexpression of Sca-1 (CD2:Ly6a.2) in mouse T cells led to self-aggregation and adherence to nontransgenic B and T cells in vitro .2 E1 N1 k8 b- ]0 O% T; u
1 D) @8 w, g' f- N9 E7 l2 H0 H5 J
The generation of Sca-1 null mice by our lab  have enabled a more physiologically relevant analysis of Sca-1 function in a variety of tissues. Although both alleles of Sca-1 null mice appear phenotypically normal, careful phenotyping has demonstrated a number of defects associated with tissue-resident stem and progenitor cell populations. It is important to note that subtle differences between the two alleles of Sca-1 deficient mice may exist due to the different strategies employed in their creation, and that these dissimilarities may be magnified on various background strains.
/ c/ W) |- ~, B* s$ w* r. A* F( m
, {1 |7 F8 ]% T( \% D4 NContrary to most expectations, based on cross-linking experiments, that Sca-1 induces lymphocyte proliferation, analysis of Sca-1 null mice demonstrated that Sca-1 functions to downregulate T-cell proliferation. Sca-1 null T cells exhibited significantly higher and more prolonged proliferation in response to T cell receptor-mediated activation, both in vitro and in vivo .' M' m% M( d7 F% v- r+ X2 {; S8 B

' J  K3 d% [- P& YHematopoiesis has been analyzed in both strains of Sca-1 null mice. Sca-1¨C/¨C mice demonstrated some minor hematopoietic lineage skewing, including reduced platelets and megakaryocytes . Although the mechanism by which Sca-1 influences cell fate determination remains unknown, we hypothesize that this occurs through altered cell signaling in lipid rafts, as discussed below in Enigmas.% P* m* [6 L% E

# Z# d; H+ f/ `. wIn vitro (CFU-granulocyte-erythroid-macrophage-megakaryocyte) and in vivo (CFU-S) clonogenic assays revealed a slight reduction in the frequency of immature Sca-1¨C/¨C hematopoietic progenitors . To evaluate HSC self-renewal in the absence of homing effects, Bradfute and colleagues challenged bone marrow chimeras to three rounds of 5-fluorouracil (FU) injections, killing cycling cells, over a 10-week period. Since the percentage of Sca-1¨C/¨C peripheral bloo
' s9 o" }0 r  w2 F% W3 c3 k          【参考文献】
" D( o* J5 ]$ N9 q
2 [$ h7 H8 h9 M) t: M3 n' S) Q8 v/ \, z4 c
Yutoku M, Grossberg AL, Pressman D. A cell surface antigenic determinant present on mouse plasmacytes and only about half of mouse thymocytes. J Immunol 1974;112:1774¨C1781.: |0 `' w6 F. C& t+ [" W6 h8 a

: o' o$ E% `! u% Z* m$ L! Z7 _LeClair KP, Palfree RG, Flood PM et al. Isolation of a murine Ly-6 cDNA reveals a new multigene family. Embo J 1986;5:3227¨C3234.
) L7 x3 Q% p3 n! t
# ^3 s# }3 C2 u$ H, fReiser H, Yeh ET, Coligan J et al. Structure and function of the TAP protein and related Ly-6-linked molecules. Year Immunol 1988;3:80¨C88.
$ F9 e) {4 g5 F  E# |
2 J. Y9 z4 T1 ]1 L& nMcGrew JT, Rock KL. Isolation, expression, and sequence of the TAP/Ly-6A. 2 chromosomal gene. J Immunol 1991;146:3633¨C3638.8 u" `) X' F% r& l1 t0 A

( o* I3 Z9 O. s) g5 U9 F2 r' rPalfree RG, Hammerling U. Biochemical characterization of the murine activated lymphocyte alloantigen Ly-6E. 1 controlled by the Ly-6 locus. J Immunol 1986;136:594¨C600.
' }5 @6 [& D* o4 R! P$ D5 V$ O, ~9 [% o
van de Rijn M, Heimfeld S, Spangrude GJ et al. Mouse hematopoietic stem-cell antigen Sca-1 is a member of the Ly-6 antigen family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1989;86:4634¨C4638.
3 o9 N5 y: V( W6 U1 V& q: ^' _. c
1 Q( X& s+ @* b7 p3 E- [Kamiura S, Nolan CM, Meruelo D. Long-range physical map of the Ly-6 complex: Mapping the Ly-6 multigene family by field-inversion and two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Genomics 1992;12:89¨C105.
, _* V$ a- D1 a% [! U
5 l- l1 z4 [- V, n* RPatterson JM, Johnson MH, Zimonjic DB et al. Characterization of Ly-6M, a novel member of the Ly-6 family of hematopoietic proteins. Blood 2000;95:3125¨C3132.
* I5 I5 F+ p: c! h# t! A
# G4 n9 N/ X7 ?Tsetlin V. Snake venom alpha-neurotoxins and other ¡®three-finger¡¯ proteins. Eur J Biochem 1999;264:281¨C286.
6 d. s& u/ U) s$ G' Q+ N) a; y* C/ N, r# B# |' j4 U2 O& s4 `
Stefanova I, Horejsi V, Ansotegui IJ et al. GPI-anchored cell-surface molecules complexed to protein tyrosine kinases. Science 1991;254:1016¨C1019., l# P% A+ n) x! W9 \0 J! Y
# i* {0 E  c8 L/ l
Horejsi V, Drbal K, Cebecauer M et al. GPI-microdomains: A role in signalling via immunoreceptors. Immunol Today 1999;20:356¨C361.1 m, f* i# x5 Z  |, ~

6 }# g: Y: S3 _Simons K, Toomre D. Lipid rafts and signal transduction. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2000;1:31¨C39.
+ L% K$ o; e3 ~
6 \2 f# y$ j' z% GLe Roy C, Wrana JL. Clathrin- and non-clathrin-mediated endocytic regulation of cell signalling. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2005;6:112¨C126.
2 u7 C* n, Q; i4 g% ?* H& e8 K/ |3 P* z% P6 j( j$ {
Spangrude GJ, Heimfeld S, Weissman IL. Purification and characterization of mouse hematopoietic stem cells. Science 1988;241:58¨C62.: H9 z- r7 D6 |+ ^- P
& P0 H. p" k( X9 x
Okada S, Nakauchi H, Nagayoshi K et al. In vivo and in vitro stem cell function of c-kit- and Sca-1-positive murine hematopoietic cells. Blood 1992;80:3044¨C3050.# o6 h" _$ l0 y: ?- _) _0 r

3 ~( B* P, B  o5 E8 MMatsuzaki Y, Kinjo K, Mulligan RC et al. Unexpectedly efficient homing capacity of purified murine hematopoietic stem cells. Immunity 2004;20:87¨C93.9 E1 q: L; c6 j( K8 X1 k
6 t3 j" T- S7 \1 ?9 U
Takano H, Ema H, Sudo K et al. Asymmetric division and lineage commitment at the level of hematopoietic stem cells: Inference from differentiation in daughter cell and granddaughter cell pairs. J Exp Med 2004;199:295¨C302.- D6 H9 Q# s# B: V7 H: n
9 x0 I! S! \& P5 p
de Bruijn MF, Ma X, Robin C et al. Hematopoietic stem cells localize to the endothelial cell layer in the midgestation mouse aorta. Immunity 2002;16:673¨C683.% O: T0 h6 v9 s# |- g1 W2 k' E

/ o. q' }$ w4 r* O) o, C& c4 o. tUchida N, Weissman IL. Searching for hematopoietic stem cells: Evidence that Thy-1.1lo Lin- Sca-1  cells are the only stem cells in C57BL/Ka-Thy-1.1 bone marrow. J Exp Med 1992;175:175¨C184.9 L- I/ W3 A( g& W( f* F

# O  U3 u8 d, x$ p9 D0 i$ DSpangrude GJ, Brooks DM. Mouse strain variability in the expression of the hematopoietic stem cell antigen Ly-6A/E by bone marrow cells. Blood 1993;82:3327¨C3332.
6 d4 ~+ `! G& I6 B7 P4 M+ a0 @% ]
Ma X, de Bruijn M, Robin C et al. Expression of the Ly-6A (Sca-1) lacZ transgene in mouse haematopoietic stem cells and embryos. Br J Haematol 2002;116:401¨C408.
; h: b2 h& c! r# K8 Z- Y9 Y
! X0 H" X5 c; KMa X, Robin C, Ottersbach K et al. The Ly-6A (Sca-1) GFP transgene is expressed in all adult mouse hematopoietic stem cells. STEM CELLS 2002;20:514¨C521.4 }6 T. v* N! `# g% o; `/ F
- ~6 ^4 ^' g. W. I- x! x
Miles C, Sanchez MJ, Sinclair A et al. Expression of the Ly-6E. 1 (Sca-1) transgene in adult hematopoietic stem cells and the developing mouse embryo. Development 1997;124:537¨C547.
$ J: F3 `- K$ a; g  n- z+ l
% I1 R6 K. N+ z! D- LAkashi K, Traver D, Miyamoto T et al. A clonogenic common myeloid progenitor that gives rise to all myeloid lineages. Nature 2000;404:193¨C197.
, x3 G# F# x8 s9 Q3 }9 S4 A4 H& E
3 W% i0 ~5 s$ {/ n+ h9 k* [Trevisan M, Iscove NN. Phenotypic analysis of murine long-term hemopoietic reconstituting cells quantitated competitively in vivo and comparison with more advanced colony-forming progeny. J Exp Med 1995;181:93¨C103.  Q3 S/ c) m+ g- C) J

& \% i4 B* R6 D! P8 BKondo M, Weissman IL, Akashi K. Identification of clonogenic common lymphoid progenitors in mouse bone marrow. Cell 1997;91:661¨C672.# \3 L: N9 s7 B3 K$ p
/ ^6 }! Q- L3 ?, B
Spangrude GJ, Klein J, Heimfeld S et al. Two monoclonal antibodies identify thymic-repopulating cells in mouse bone marrow. J Immunol 1989;142:425¨C430.' S) M& i$ u- Z! n! C+ |

: _8 P% H' R( n" {" X; CBamezai A, Palliser D, Berezovskaya A et al. Regulated expression of Ly-6A.2 is important for T cell development. J Immunol 1995;154:4233¨C4239.
0 K' d# P  @, Y3 p. ]% o
9 f: ~. _. }* T5 B/ ?, {Sagi-Assif O, Traister A, Katz BZ et al. TNFalpha and anti-Fas antibodies regulate Ly-6E.1 expression by tumor cells: A possible link between angiogenesis and Ly-6E.1. Immunol Lett 1996;54:207¨C213." b8 E& ^+ O/ K3 x$ L
; Y- h$ B8 C/ Z) Z0 ]8 k
Hanson P, Mathews V, Marrus SH et al. Enhanced green fluorescent protein targeted to the Sca-1 (Ly-6A) locus in transgenic mice results in efficient marking of hematopoietic stem cells in vivo. Exp Hematol 2003;31:159¨C167.5 k1 a- I3 R3 C
8 g- \; Z, U# b. G9 V9 B7 T1 G5 L2 T
Short B, Brouard N, Driessen R et al. Prospective isolation of stromal progenitor cells from mouse BM. Cytotherapy 2001;3:407¨C408.3 v  m" ?) v1 w: q/ c7 P% K

) M( u' b2 O, E1 TShort B, Brouard N, Occhiodoro-Scott T et al. Mesenchymal stem cells. Arch Med Res 2003;34:565¨C571.. `9 S7 C9 I4 ^8 q3 B: z; ~! i+ }

3 E4 b' F! f: f' S& F6 p& v$ j' t2 OWelm BE, Tepera SB, Venezia T et al. Sca-1(pos) cells in the mouse mammary gland represent an enriched progenitor cell population. Dev Biol 2002;245:42¨C56.
( a$ S* e+ J- p& }0 ?" T- z+ x& _8 _2 J7 H- l! K/ p
Xin L, Lawson DA, Witte ON. The Sca-1 cell surface marker enriches for a prostate-regenerating cell subpopulation that can initiate prostate tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2005;102:6942¨C6947.
  a& S" m' l* m# U
5 W% H, j7 }- s( V" a0 @Burger PE, Xiong X, Coetzee S et al. Sca-1 expression identifies stem cells in the proximal region of prostatic ducts with high capacity to reconstitute prostatic tissue. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2005;102:7180¨C7185.
5 ]2 M: u* R" n8 }1 R/ e5 g+ A7 G) r3 G
Toma JG, Akhavan M, Fernandes KJ et al. Isolation of multipotent adult stem cells from the dermis of mammalian skin. Nat Cell Biol 2001;3:778¨C784.
7 ~! g7 ]& L3 c% T4 k' ~( O( g( n, T
Toma JG, McKenzie IA, Bagli D et al. Isolation and characterization of multipotent skin-derived precursors from human skin. STEM CELLS 2005;23:727¨C737.
/ Q6 J. c2 P, r+ G5 z9 r, x7 ]9 g7 c% l! }& _% k3 g- P/ {
Fernandes KJ, McKenzie IA, Mill P et al. A dermal niche for multipotent adult skin-derived precursor cells. Nat Cell Biol 2004;6:1082¨C1093.5 X# H( U( P' c  [1 S

: J/ G8 W9 W8 ?" ~- D% nGussoni E, Soneoka Y, Strickland CD et al. Dystrophin expression in the mdx mouse restored by stem cell transplantation. Nature 1999;401:390¨C394.
, P/ H) l) j4 W4 J6 e' p+ w8 Y  i( m4 L1 Q+ b9 D( X6 D% O$ h: k4 Z
Lee JY, Qu-Petersen Z, Cao B et al. Clonal isolation of muscle-derived cells capable of enhancing muscle regeneration and bone healing. J Cell Biol 2000;150:1085¨C1100.
5 ?0 c& @/ O1 }; Q' r, \
+ R2 Y% w0 y+ R! uOh H, Bradfute SB, Gallardo TD et al. Cardiac progenitor cells from adult myocardium: Homing, differentiation, and fusion after infarction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100:12313¨C12318.& s' }2 S* N) H& t

' a" J& n  r  wMatsuura K, Nagai T, Nishigaki N et al. Adult cardiac Sca-1-positive cells differentiate into beating cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem 2004;279:11384¨C11391.8 k2 e& i2 q% E

( }- `( t: u$ vRosenblatt-Velin N, Lepore MG, Cartoni C et al. FGF-2 controls the differentiation of resident cardiac precursors into functional cardiomyocytes. J Clin Invest 2005;115:1724¨C1733.
+ Y3 b) q. S. m, E+ a4 z2 m- Q
Petersen BE, Grossbard B, Hatch H et al. Mouse A6-positive hepatic oval cells also express several hematopoietic stem cell markers. Hepatology 2003;37:632¨C640./ X( _, p9 W- E1 S/ c7 p. E
( N! d) W/ B* U3 ^6 M/ a
Wulf GG, Luo KL, Jackson KA et al. Cells of the hepatic side population contribute to liver regeneration and can be replenished with bone marrow stem cells. Haematologica 2003;88:368¨C378.( l& B. T, m5 X% u) H% N" C
) u% [3 I! F; d# n- q( G
Goodell MA, Brose K, Paradis G et al. Isolation and functional properties of murine hematopoietic stem cells that are replicating in vivo. J Exp Med 1996;183:1797¨C1806.  z6 J; J+ T+ e8 O3 |6 `" a$ X

! b3 p2 o3 w' C4 Z2 iBaddoo M, Hill K, Wilkinson R et al. Characterization of mesenchymal stem cells isolated from murine bone marrow by negative selection. J Cell Biochem 2003;89:1235¨C1249.
( k) }. `) l  a" B4 f- X0 V  k; L! R# L
Meirelles Lda S, Nardi NB. Murine marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell: Isolation, in vitro expansion, and characterization. Br J Haematol 2003;123:702¨C711.: ~# C- T  K- A: |3 S5 M9 P9 v

, x% I7 G" n7 E2 {Sun S, Guo Z, Xiao X et al. Isolation of mouse marrow mesenchymal progenitors by a novel and reliable method. STEM CELLS 2003;21:527¨C535.( U+ t1 M% N" ]" o& c, |- ~& e

4 G/ G5 L# m  I* {* ^: P) m& e# uPeister A, Mellad JA, Larson BL et al. Adult stem cells from bone marrow (MSCs) isolated from different strains of inbred mice vary in surface epitopes, rates of proliferation, and differentiation potential. Blood 2004;103:1662¨C1668.
9 m& G; n% E" r& ~/ B; W  H, J) p
  D  C$ M. j- H. L9 }8 VGuo Z, Li H, Li X et al. In vitro characteristics and in vivo immunosuppressive activity of compact bone-derived murine mesenchymal progenitor cells. STEM CELLS 2006;24:992¨C1000.; @( T3 P- @8 Z# F! O, W# J! u4 L

8 @' T$ j, |+ X# f* X+ ]& |Zammit P, Beauchamp J. The skeletal muscle satellite cell: Stem cell or son of stem cell. Differentiation 2001;68:193¨C204.
. |+ E  `3 H2 r7 d0 D2 m
8 K* `& E* o) w9 M4 ~. J- o7 yAsakura A, Seale P, Girgis-Gabardo A et al. Myogenic specification of side population cells in skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol 2002;159:123¨C134.7 y( P+ B$ Q% y- m1 C2 _
: |- M, d+ k  ~, D2 Z
Musaro A, Giacinti C, Borsellino G et al. Stem cell-mediated muscle regeneration is enhanced by local isoform of insulin-like growth factor 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2004;101:1206¨C1210.
5 g; {/ p0 {+ o7 A& h" Y3 V. G
" g0 E+ M. c; {' s* AMitchell PO, Mills T, O'Connor RS et al. Sca-1 negatively regulates proliferation and differentiation of muscle cells. Dev Biol 2005;283:240¨C252.
8 Y( p* q: _: ~: R
5 c$ M% \& F; [  W! wTorrente Y, Tremblay JP, Pisati F et al. Intraarterial injection of muscle-derived CD34( )Sca-1( ) stem cells restores dystrophin in mdx mice. J Cell Biol 2001;152:335¨C348.; ~/ A6 m7 g8 d' s* a5 @- K$ W4 q3 r" x
+ b6 x) O4 p4 @! n( y7 @
Qu-Petersen Z, Deasy B, Jankowski R et al. Identification of a novel population of muscle stem cells in mice: Potential for muscle regeneration. J Cell Biol 2002;157:851¨C864.& m, M/ [# s( M: n5 f# E6 u. i

8 b3 o' x; j4 P" ^1 mTamaki T, Akatsuka A, Ando K et al. Identification of myogenic-endothelial progenitor cells in the interstitial spaces of skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol 2002;157:571¨C577.
3 c$ u" y* ]  s$ o/ [, r% R7 c! Z, @# ~/ C
Royer CL, Howell JC, Morrison PR et al. Muscle-derived CD45-SCA-1 c-kit- progenitor cells give rise to skeletal muscle myotubes in vitro. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 2002;38:512¨C517.  R: v4 D6 f$ A; m, J, ]
% `8 T& l4 T0 }3 e' n# ]6 V( J
McKenzie IA, Biernaskie J, Toma JG et al. Skin-derived precursors generate myelinating Schwann cells for the injured and dysmyelinated nervous system. J Neurosci 2006;26:6651¨C6660.7 N  G+ D# Y2 a/ F
' ?1 J$ u" X3 q: w2 \
Wang X, Hu Q, Nakamura Y et al. The role of the sca-1 /CD31- cardiac progenitor cell population in postinfarction left ventricular remodeling. STEM CELLS 2006;24:1779¨C1788.4 X6 S, n6 b8 V$ W7 n, v
$ b; _0 N  c0 `+ y+ }: L
Gnecchi M, He H, Liang OD et al. Paracrine action accounts for marked protection of ischemic heart by Akt-modified mesenchymal stem cells. Nat Med 2005;11:367¨C368.5 ^  v# J' m, M) t- o

2 J6 H- g/ d, r% a  q3 g9 hBeltrami AP, Barlucchi L, Torella D et al. Adult cardiac stem cells are multipotent and support myocardial regeneration. Cell 2003;114:763¨C776.- g# V4 |" n0 t+ G! R6 O

+ [. `) V: H- O- }7 P3 f, D9 PLaugwitz KL, Moretti A, Lam J et al. Postnatal isl1  cardioblasts enter fully differentiated cardiomyocyte lineages. Nature 2005;433:647¨C653.
  J) Z6 w( I" g. i
& k2 Y" w/ a% O+ lTakahashi T, Kalka C, Masuda H et al. Ischemia- and cytokine-induced mobilization of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells for neovascularization. Nat Med 1999;5:434¨C438.& C& Z( L+ a/ d3 T9 u7 c# T

4 k( L# s8 z2 n9 PBailey AS, Jiang S, Afentoulis M et al. Transplanted adult hematopoietic stems cells differentiate into functional endothelial cells. Blood 2004;103:13¨C19.
' i4 d, k: G% W6 D2 M3 K/ d8 _! ~1 `
Tso C, Martinic G, Fan WH et al. High-density lipoproteins enhance progenitor-mediated endothelium repair in mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2006;26:1144¨C1149.* \7 ^) c) o- n+ U5 d% l" k

! n: R! |* w+ B: ?- zEvarts RP, Nagy P, Marsden E et al. A precursor-product relationship exists between oval cells and hepatocytes in rat liver. Carcinogenesis 1987;8:1737¨C1740.
: x, V$ N9 J/ r* b9 T3 t! ]3 X/ z% u% `# G
Haruna Y, Saito K, Spaulding S et al. Identification of bipotential progenitor cells in human liver development. Hepatology 1996;23:476¨C481.
9 d! Y, m1 f1 d9 e) h/ s1 ?/ |& D. f, y
Shackleton M, Vaillant F, Simpson KJ et al. Generation of a functional mammary gland from a single stem cell. Nature 2006;439:84¨C88.4 ^# w; E2 |! G
& U" X1 B6 j. v0 l! C: ^
Summer R, Kotton DN, Sun X et al. Side population cells and Bcrp1 expression in lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2003;285:L97¨CL104.) C1 ?1 b6 c  y$ P
* h1 t6 ?9 d. O1 D4 I
Giangreco A, Shen H, Reynolds SD et al. Molecular phenotype of airway side population cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2004;286:L624¨CL630.
- p$ o$ j' g% V$ P( L
- g8 O/ z( e# B1 x' CKim CF, Jackson EL, Woolfenden AE et al. Identification of bronchioalveolar stem cells in normal lung and lung cancer. Cell 2005;121:823¨C835.% v6 @3 c3 l/ [" x

3 B) m: k# U( `" F- YSvetlov SI, Ignatova TN, Wang KK et al. Lysophosphatidic acid induces clonal generation of mouse neurospheres via proliferation of Sca-1- and AC133-positive neural progenitors. Stem Cells Dev 2004;13:685¨C693.; l6 D- x; J3 F1 _5 R$ M& K
# o9 m2 x# W2 \, K& L8 U* Y
Kubota H, Avarbock MR, Brinster RL. Spermatogonial stem cells share some, but not all, phenotypic and functional characteristics with other stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100:6487¨C6492.
7 |8 _% _7 x% R3 O* j0 q4 j2 h
' V8 j( k; u# O! U; }" |. s. c7 eFalciatori I, Borsellino G, Haliassos N et al. Identification and enrichment of spermatogonial stem cells displaying side-population phenotype in immature mouse testis. Faseb J 2004;18:376¨C378.. i7 W( ]; C- a

# S) c- `- T/ j/ R4 NLassalle B, Bastos H, Louis JP et al. ¡®Side Population¡¯ cells in adult mouse testis express Bcrp1 gene and are enriched in spermatogonia and germinal stem cells. Development 2004;131:479¨C487.. @% J& w  s  R4 A
+ J% v- P1 n+ _) E7 o, |7 ]& \4 \6 i
van Bragt MP, Ciliberti N, Stanford WL et al. LY6A/E(SCA-1) expression in the mouse testis. Biol Reprod 2005;73:634¨C638.7 A7 w1 f" {0 d  N* j, H' t
: V7 w9 C7 ]/ E* J4 h8 E' r  K; g
Triel C, Vestergaard ME, Bolund L et al. Side population cells in human and mouse epidermis lack stem cell characteristics. Exp Cell Res 2004;295:79¨C90.2 m; ^! j- z. _9 l; t! ]

~. V: L/ _) ]Yano S, Ito Y, Fujimoto M et al. Characterization and localization of side population cells in mouse skin. STEM CELLS 2005;23:834¨C841.' C& W$ h' i% o" ~+ v7 l
! ~; ?+ j( N* z
Seaberg RM, Smukler SR, Kieffer TJ et al. Clonal identification of multipotent precursors from adult mouse pancreas that generate neural and pancreatic lineages. Nat Biotechnol 2004;22:1115¨C1124.
. u4 v& ]; ^7 Q9 ^  ?! {5 e. L. a& j* R
Seigel GM, Campbell LM, Narayan M et al. Cancer stem cell characteristics in retinoblastoma. Mol Vis 2005;11:729¨C737.
" R# D; ~# N3 j7 q4 h- i: l4 J6 f% q- u6 x8 b5 X, X
Li Y, Welm B, Podsypanina K et al. Evidence that transgenes encoding components of the Wnt signaling pathway preferentially induce mammary cancers from progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100:15853¨C15858.8 J% S- [" d0 J6 l# _* c8 r& n4 Q

1 ?4 T% R$ }5 ^) b, p8 N( XGu Z, Thomas G, Yamashiro J et al. Prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) expression increases with high gleason score, advanced stage and bone metastasis in prostate cancer. Oncogene 2000;19:1288¨C1296." q% F! ^. V* D0 B! s% c
% Q6 O* a! \$ `& E( ]) c) _
Witz IP. Differential expression of genes by tumor cells of a low or a high malignancy phenotype: The case of murine and human Ly-6 proteins. J Cell Biochem Suppl 2000;34:61¨C66.+ A" v9 X" v9 r/ d2 u, A+ |
3 I0 Y4 b8 t& B1 Z2 q
Katz BZ, Eshel R, Sagi-Assif O et al. An association between high Ly-6A/E expression on tumor cells and a highly malignant phenotype. Int J Cancer 1994;59:684¨C691.2 L& Y; N1 D$ a

, P3 y0 D" y) H2 |) U8 ~# L, RTreister A, Sagi-Assif O, Meer M et al. Expression of Ly-6, a marker for highly malignant murine tumor cells, is regulated by growth conditions and stress. Int J Cancer 1998;77:306¨C313.
9 ?" Z7 O4 ~5 }# L( U! l
+ a% b* N2 B' I& \9 v( aAndreasen PA, Kjoller L, Christensen L et al. The urokinase-type plasminogen activator system in cancer metastasis: A review. Int J Cancer 1997;72:1¨C22.
3 u9 H" }) f6 K4 c# r
. G; w4 {$ Y3 \& ?5 Z/ [, c+ _7 ABamezai A, Rock KL. Overexpressed Ly-6A.2 mediates cell-cell adhesion by binding a ligand expressed on lymphoid cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1995;92:4294¨C4298.
1 A, v0 p7 ^7 f1 T% P& N
3 z. u; K" r8 APflugh DL, Maher SE, Bothwell AL. Ly-6 superfamily members Ly-6A/E, Ly-6C, and Ly-6I recognize two potential ligands expressed by B lymphocytes. J Immunol 2002;169:5130¨C5136.
8 l, e" x; x8 G. z8 m4 g) d; u2 D; c, s; x
English A, Kosoy R, Pawlinski R et al. A monoclonal antibody against the 66-kDa protein expressed in mouse spleen and thymus inhibits Ly-6A.2-dependent cell-cell adhesion. J Immunol 2000;165:3763¨C3771.
2 K* }$ h/ _/ i# z( c. I7 W) Y8 W5 y6 b& s# }
Malek TR, Ortega G, Chan C et al. Role of Ly-6 in lymphocyte activation. II. Induction of T cell activation by monoclonal anti-Ly-6 antibodies. J Exp Med 1986;164:709¨C722.
, J6 Z/ N0 ~! l! ^; p% z6 k0 M- U9 D  N( ^8 k
Yeh ET, Reiser H, Daley J et al. Stimulation of T cells via the TAP molecule, a member in a family of activating proteins encoded in the Ly-6 locus. J Immunol 1987;138:91¨C97.
% i  X% b3 _6 w. W8 |% C: ?: L+ u5 `+ }6 l5 q. e0 j8 v0 M. w
Codias EK, Rutter JE, Fleming TJ et al. Down-regulation of IL-2 production by activation of T cells through Ly-6A/E. J Immunol 1990;145:1407¨C1414.+ o9 m0 Z8 o( ~1 I: m  C
3 P0 S/ J- o- j5 Y8 j0 E( X
Codias EK, Fleming TJ, Zacharchuk CM et al. Role of Ly-6A/E and T cell receptor-zeta for IL-2 production. Phosphatidylinositol-anchored Ly-6A/E antagonizes T cell receptor-mediated IL-2 production by a zeta-independent pathway. J Immunol 1992;149:1825¨C1852.  F9 L6 x& P/ G$ z. z9 h. Q1 o0 X
4 U4 O0 \& T  R/ l# N6 l
Stanford WL, Haque S, Alexander R et al. Altered proliferative response by T lymphocytes of Ly-6A(Sca-1) null mice. J Exp Med 1997;186:705¨C717.
- P8 \4 v# w1 ^! N+ H0 C) R
2 a1 w$ ?2 x* X" EZhang ZX, Stanford WL, Zhang L. Ly-6A is critical for the function of double negative regulatory T cells. Eur J Immunol 2002;32:1584¨C1592.. e( l; [5 t% p( o
( s. T  e0 n5 D
Ito CY, Li CY, Bernstein A et al. Hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor defects in Sca-1/Ly-6A-null mice. Blood 2003;101:517¨C523.
/ K# h! q, P8 a9 _5 H, h- p3 V- [8 M' G
# [0 {# r) [, |& I" B( w/ KBradfute SB, Graubert TA, Goodell MA. Roles of Sca-1 in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell function. Exp Hematol 2005;33:836¨C843.
: Q( c9 V6 }! n
5 z5 Q0 B3 o& k+ L- d+ I1 `* R% ZBonyadi M, Waldman SD, Liu D et al. Mesenchymal progenitor self-renewal deficiency leads to age-dependent osteoporosis in Sca-1/Ly-6A null mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100:5840¨C5845.5 G9 K/ `% a; U% C

; e* Y$ g2 E! [8 O) e( D% kShen X, Collier JM, Hlaing M et al. Genome-wide examination of myoblast cell cycle withdrawal during differentiation. Dev Dyn 2003;226:128¨C138.( Y9 m3 }6 R* q. ~/ r
% B8 ]2 |+ m, L/ b; P
Epting CL, Lopez JE, Shen X et al. Stem cell antigen-1 is necessary for cell-cycle withdrawal and myoblast differentiation in C2C12 cells. J Cell Sci 2004;117Pt 25:6185¨C6195.( V+ Z# T! j7 J7 h; l6 r

* ~7 C. j6 d' k3 i+ Q- |Mauch P, Botnick LE, Hannon EC et al. Decline in bone marrow proliferative capacity as a function of age. Blood 1982;60:245¨C252.
( ?/ h3 Q5 v3 ]) s5 c
; E2 V4 g! Z4 s: K! U+ nMarley SB, Lewis JL, Davidson RJ et al. Evidence for a continuous decline in haemopoietic cell function from birth: Application to evaluating bone marrow failure in children. Br J Haematol 1999;106:162¨C166.5 _( I0 Q+ R0 J; m  g
0 n+ w7 j+ e7 }# J( t9 `
Kim M, Moon HB, Spangrude GJ. Major age-related changes of mouse hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2003;996:195¨C208.
0 }- U! G2 ]2 b$ @7 D' I, @& G- [% b
Ito K, Hirao A, Arai F et al. Reactive oxygen species act through p38 MAPK to limit the lifespan of hematopoietic stem cells. Nat Med 2006;12:446¨C451.5 p) E6 H+ m4 a0 M" s4 h

0 @% [: [& T( t, E4 PBoyum A, Fjerdingstad HB, Tennfjord VA et al. Specific antibodies to mouse Sca-1-(Ly-6A/E) or Thy-1-positive haematopoietic progenitor cells induce formation of nitric oxide which inhibits subsequent colony formation. Eur J Haematol 2004;73:427¨C430." U8 L& z- {2 w' V9 P2 Q8 a

9 |" t8 u0 l* E3 @Viswanathan S, Benatar T, Rose-John S et al. Ligand/receptor signaling threshold (LIST) model accounts for gp130-mediated embryonic stem cell self-renewal responses to LIF and HIL-6. STEM CELLS 2002;20:119¨C138.
# _  b& J, ^7 b
1 ^6 |6 g1 a: l$ BDi Guglielmo GM, Le Roy C, Goodfellow AF et al. Distinct endocytic pathways regulate TGF-beta receptor signalling and turnover. Nat Cell Biol 2003;5:410¨C421.6 S  f6 D# e3 z. ]3 ~  w3 s

7 r, x* F+ ^6 ^% b+ PSoriano P, Montgomery C, Geske R et al. Targeted disruption of the c-src proto-oncogene leads to osteopetrosis in mice. Cell 1991;64:693¨C702.
/ P: L3 c* y& n' Q3 {* t) v  F# `/ |4 w7 w) j
Marzia M, Sims NA, Voit S et al. Decreased c-Src expression enhances osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. J Cell Biol 2000;151:311¨C320.$ ]; J; W1 ]/ w3 c

3 `& Q6 l6 S. O# c8 F) G% m, vMolina TJ, Kishihara K, Siderovski DP et al. Profound block in thymocyte development in mice lacking p56lck. Nature 1992;357:161¨C164.7 Q9 q5 L7 S1 i& H' ~" W! y% d

* ~9 h& U& D1 ^9 \Lancki DW, Fields P, Qian D et al. Induction of lytic pathways in T cell clones derived from wild-type or protein tyrosine kinase Fyn mutant mice. Immunol Rev 1995;146:117¨C144.
0 }, z1 E3 A3 c
  B7 t& {2 d1 w+ a( c, u( |7 zStein PL, Vogel H, Soriano P. Combined deficiencies of Src, Fyn, and Yes tyrosine kinases in mutant mice. Genes Dev 1994;8:1999¨C2007.
  E* H& h  A3 ?5 Q  X
& }. {$ ?$ M5 k8 j9 c$ E2 QLee SK, Su B, Maher SE et al. Ly-6A is required for T cell receptor expression and protein tyrosine kinase fyn activity. EMBO J 1994;13:2167¨C2176.
; z4 }# U3 L1 q; q9 K) o7 i8 B, e8 k* K$ F0 [8 O
Jahn T, Seipel P, Coutinho S et al. Analysing c-kit internalization using a functional c-kit-EGFP chimera containing the fluorochrome within the extracellular domain. Oncogene 2002;21:4508¨C4520.+ e( s" y4 y, e
$ q9 F: O8 _8 u
Bamezai A. Mouse Ly-6 proteins and their extended family: Markers of cell differentiation and regulators of cell signaling. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 2004;52:255¨C266.- @3 i9 E$ L9 m! s, y- S
% b8 l2 G7 M; N% _. p! i$ T2 y6 E
Hueber AO, Bernard AM, Battari CL et al. Thymocytes in Thy-1¨C/¨C mice show augmented TCR signaling and impaired differentiation. Curr Biol 1997;7:705¨C708.
( f, G( M' i4 m/ j8 v2 E; q0 d4 \$ }7 }1 \
Beissert S, He HT, Hueber AO et al. Impaired cutaneous immune responses in Thy-1-deficient mice. J Immunol 1998;161:5296¨C5302.
2 e* h0 Q& l- s+ w: u) f% U+ i7 i# V% E3 X
Zhang CC, Steele AD, Lindquist S et al. Prion protein is expressed on long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells and is important for their self-renewal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006;103:2184¨C2189.
$ @+ j- F4 I2 U3 E. B9 P* {- F2 W6 T% W! i* z/ P
Werner N, Junk S, Laufs U et al. Intravenous transfusion of endothelial progenitor cells reduces neointima formation after vascular injury. Circ Res 2003;93:e17¨Ce24.
8 B5 K  @& H( l, m+ ~/ Y& q0 ^
( Y8 @1 N0 ^! i$ h" LAlvi AJ, Clayton H, Joshi C et al. Functional and molecular characterisation of mammary side population cells. Breast Cancer Res 2003;5:R1¨CR8.

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-6-10 16:00 |只看该作者
来上茶~~~~  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-6-25 19:11 |只看该作者
佩服佩服啊.