干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站

搜索
朗日生物

免疫细胞治疗专区

欢迎关注干细胞微信公众号

查看: 287392|回复: 244
go

Temporal Expression Patterns and Corresponding Protein Inductions of Early Respo [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-3-5 10:49 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Research Service and Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, Florida, USA; Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, USA! `9 a1 ?0 n. S2 R6 j5 D2 o

( R6 |0 q% k: zKey Words. Chondrogenesis ? Adult bone marrow stem cells ? TGF-? receptor ? TGF-?1 ? Gene expression ? Mesenchymal stem cell6 s5 H0 ]! }7 w7 t8 g1 D& w: Q) N

/ L5 `9 i8 d& ^& i' I5 M. F& ]- v- ]Correspondence: Herman S. Cheung, Ph.D., Research Service, Miami VA Medical Center, 1201 NW 16th Street, Miami, Florida 33125, USA. Telephone: 305-575-3388; Fax: 305-575-3365; e-mail: hcheung@med.miami.edu% |2 I( S; G7 Y! p
0 Z& V7 \& l4 l& R" u
ABSTRACT
+ P% R- D  o, V/ U; ~: B7 B" x: K& J/ |* N
When damage on articular cartilage extends into the subchondral bone, mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) migrate from bone marrow (BM) to the injured area and form a new cartilage-like reparative tissue . This clinical finding indicates that local stimuli at the injured site of articular cartilage can induce chondrogenic differentiation of MSCs. It has been demonstrated that continuous passive motion enhanced the repair of full-thickness defects of articular cartilage with autogenous periosteal grafts containing MSCs . A recent study repaired large, full-thickness cartilage defects of rabbit keen joints by transplanting BM-derived MSCs (BM-MSCs) and showed that 6 months after the implantation, different local mechanical environments resulted in substantial differences in mechanical properties of reparative tissues on the posterior and anterior aspects of the repair area . These cartilage repair studies suggest that mechanical stimuli may affect chondrogenic differentiation of MSCs and/or cartilage-specific matrix formation of differentiated cells (i.e., chondrocyte).
7 U. Z* y' D: B" ?/ @3 y: _" j
7 L9 `" F  n8 V' `It has been well documented that compressive loading modulated the cartilage-specific macromolecule biosynthesis of mature chondrocytes , whereas compressive loading was shown to stimulate chondrogenic differentiation of chick and mouse embryonic mesenchymal cells . Recently, Angele et al. showed that cyclic hydrostatic pressure enhanced the extracellular matrix deposition of human BM-MSCs, which underwent chondrogenesis in pellet cultures . Our recent study found that cyclic compressive loading promoted gene expressions of chondrogenic markers (collagen type II and aggrecan) and transforming growth factor-?1 (TGF-?1) in rabbit BM-MSCs in a serum-free media, suggesting that the TGF-? signal pathway may be involved in BM-MSC chondrogenic differentiation stimulated by dynamic compressive loading .0 R& K! j" w" Q% u: A* I  k1 P

F  i( u4 D" b& _- S* rIn vitro studies have demonstrated that TGF-? can induce chondrogenesis of BM-MSCs . TGF-? regulates a variety of cellular functions by signaling through a heteromeric receptor complex of two transmembrane serinethreonine kinases (receptor types I and II). The intracellular TGF-? signal transduction is initiated by type I receptor (T?R-I) after its phosphorylation by ligand-bound type II receptor (T?R-II) . Mizuta et al. found that the gene expressions of both receptors and TGF-?1 ligand were upregulated during periosteal chondrogenesis induced by exogenous TGF-?1 treatment wherein the temporal and spatial gene expression patterns of both receptors were consistent with those of the ligand itself , suggesting that TGF-?1 regulated periosteal chondrogenesis. Therefore, the presence of both receptors is essential for chondrogenesis of BM-MSCs when TGF-? signaling is involved.; Q: F  i0 U  h6 I$ C
* z: p2 e* B/ q7 J7 g+ k/ Y1 Y4 U
Activating protein 1 (AP-1), a transcription factor complex of the Jun and Fos nuclear oncoproteins, is one of the downstream targets for mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway. It has been shown that MAPKs regulated chondrogenesis of chick embryo limb bud cells at postprecartilage condensation stages , whereas overexpression of c-Fos gene inhibited chondrocyte differentiation of ATDC5 chondrogenic cells . Recent studies demonstrated that AP-1 binding activity is a requisite for promoting chondrogenesis of C3H10T1/2 mesenchymal cells . In addition, Kim et al. showed that induction of endogenous TGF-?1 gene expression by TGF-?1 treatment was mediated by binding of the AP-1 complex to the promoter region of TGF-?1 gene, whereas both components (c-Fos and c-Jun) of the AP-1 complex were required for TGF-?1 autoinduction . Therefore, it is possible that activity of AP-1 may regulate BM-MSC chondrogenesis induced by TGF-?.& y9 U5 z$ Z# P9 Z" ?" M- D6 I$ j7 s

/ F2 y7 c- f+ A) {Sox9, a member of Sry-type high-mobility-group box (Sox) genes, is identified as an essential transcription factor for chondrogenesis of mesenchymal cells and expressed in precartilaginous mesenchymal condensation and maturing cartilage . It has been indicated that Sox9 can regulate expression of chondrocyte-specific collagen (i.e., type II, IX, and XI collagens) and aggrecan genes. Sox9 was able to promote type II collagen gene expression by binding directly to an enhancer element in the first intron of the collagen II gene  while it could bind to the promoter of type IX and XI collagen genes . Sox9 also enhanced the gene promoter activity of aggrecan in the TC6 chondrocytic cell line . Recently, it has been demonstrated that overexpression of Sox9 gene in mouse BM-MSCs promoted chondrogenesis in in vitro micromass culture and in vivo transplantation . Because of its capability to regulate chondrogenic gene expressions, Sox9 may play an important role in regulation of chondrocyte differentiation of BM-MSCs.
5 v* Q, a+ L; b6 [+ P4 E  v0 X: _' C- I7 P7 A
Our recent study suggested that dynamic compressive loading might promote chondrogenesis of rabbit BM-MSCs through the TGF-? signaling pathway . To advance our understanding of the mechanism behind this finding, our first step was to examine expressions of the early responsive genes that may regulate chondrogenesis and TGF-? signal transduction. Therefore, the objective of this study was to examine the temporal expression patterns of c-Fos, c-Jun, Sox9, TGF-?1, and TGF-? receptors and induction of their corresponding proteins in agarose cultures of rabbit BM-MSCs under cyclic compressive loading.
. @1 g, n4 z3 K6 i! S( w( `; {) g8 w- \* d) e3 `
MATERIALS AND METHODS
% Q; ?- n! f% N2 f5 p3 h) G
3 w2 n' V' E" ~3 Q6 x5 P5 RTypical Gene Expressions
* w6 Q  Y  a* T" X- W( ^6 |( K) _
In general, the gene expressions of c-Fos, c-Jun, Sox9, type II collagen, TGF-?1, and T?R-I and T?R-II were upregulated in the samples under dynamic compression, whereas the temporal expressions of those genes, except c-Fos, were different between the first and second days of testing (Figs. 1, 2).
! [, ]" u1 I6 `! d/ t; ?) h+ U* P* z* l1 J
Figure 1. RT-PCR analysis of gene expressions of rabbit BM-MSCs on the first day of testing. Gene expressions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 1 (L1), 2 (L2), and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 4 (R4), 8 (R8), and 20 (R20) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading. Gene expressions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test. Total RNA was isolated and RT-PCR was performed on 1 μg of each sample using primers for c-Fos, c-Jun, Sox9, T?R-I, T?R-II, TGF-?1, collagen II, and GAPDH as shown on the left. Bands shown are representatives of five independent experiments. Abbreviations: BM-MSC, bone-marrow mesenchymal stem cell; RT-PCR, reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction.; o& q( p0 p  `& d

9 Q( z" O1 Q$ u+ }( g" ^Figure 2. RT-PCR analysis of gene expressions of rabbit BM-MSCs on the second day of testing. Gene expressions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 1 (L1), 2 (L2), and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 4 (R4), 8 (R8), and 20 (R20) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading. Gene expressions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test. Total RNA was isolated and RT-PCR was performed on 1 μg of each sample using primers for c-Fos, c-Jun, Sox9, T?R-I, T?R-II, TGF-?1, collagen II, and GAPDH as shown on the left. Bands shown are representatives of five independent experiments. Abbreviations: BM-MSC, bone-marrow mesenchymal stem cell; RT-PCR, reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction.4 G5 a$ s) p: y# T
9 I8 d9 X. ^8 Q- ]* M4 y* ?
Day 1 of Testing ? During the 4-hour compression test, gene expressions of c-Jun, Sox9, type II collagen, TGF-?1, T?R-I, and T?R-II for the loading group gradually increased and reached the peak after 2 hours of loading and then decreased from that peak after 4 hours of loading. Only the loading group exhibited a weak expression of c-Fos gene after 1 hour of loading (Fig. 1). After the 4-hour compression test, all gene expressions of the loading group decreased to a level similar to (i.e., c-Jun, type II collagen, TGF-?1, and T?R-II) or slightly higher than (i.e., Sox9) those of the control group except that the expression of the T?R-I gene exhibited another peak after 8 hours of rest (Fig. 1).. c. A  w8 f* V4 k7 r

* t( F: G% i  {+ J9 B( q% `Day 2 of Testing ? During the 4-hour compression test, all gene expressions of the loading group were upregulated. The gene expressions of c-Jun, Sox9, type II collagen, T?R-I, and T?R-II for the loading group gradually increased and reached the peak after 4 hours of loading, whereas the gene expression of TGF-?1 quickly reached the highest level after 1 hour of loading (Fig. 2). Similar to the first day of testing, only weak expression of c-Fos gene was seen for the loading group after 1 hour of loading (Fig. 2). After the 4-hour compression test, gene expressions of c-Jun, Sox9, type II collagen, TGF-?1, and T?R-I for the loading group gradually decreased to a level slightly higher than those of the control group, whereas T?R-I gene expression was similar to those of the control group (Fig. 2).
, `) t  }, T: H( b4 M
( s+ j9 x$ ~, o5 L! b  p, bStatistical Analysis of Gene Expressions
+ w+ m- c9 }) S2 z( X' B  `; \6 f7 p. e" r4 j% B, X9 J6 D
Day 1 of Testing ? Significant differences were found in all gene expressions between two experimental groups with the samples subjected to 2-hour dynamic compression having a higher level of expression than the control group (Figs. 3–5). After 4-hour dynamic compression, the loading group still exhibited significantly greater expression of type II collagen than the control (Fig. 5). Compared with the control group, the loading group also exhibited significantly higher levels of T?R-I and T?R-II gene expressions after 1-hour dynamic compression as well as higher expression of T?R-I gene after 8 hours of rest following 4 hours of dynamic compression (Fig. 3).
0 f; m$ W* E3 B) _9 j
. y/ M; m- [; [9 Y) m; f$ SFigure 3. Statistical analysis of gene expressions of TGF-? type I and type II receptors. The relative gene expressions of TGF-? type I and type II receptors among six time points of 2 days of testing, as presented in Figures 1 and 2, were statistically analyzed using a one-way analysis of variance with Student-Newman-Keuls comparison test (n = 10 for control group; n = 5 for loading group). Gene expressions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 1 (L1), 2 (L2), and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 4 (R4), 8 (R8), and 20 (R20) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading on each day of testing. Gene expressions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test and the recovery period on each day of testing./ x0 m/ u- `' I# ^8 }

1 R3 N4 Y3 B; ?" \- G. O' I+ O# dFigure 4. Statistical analysis of gene expressions of TGF–?1 and c-Jun. The relative gene expressions of TGF–?1 and c-Jun among six time points of 2 days of testing, as presented in Figures 1 and 2, were statistically analyzed using a one-way analysis of variance with Student-Newman-Keuls comparison test (n = 10 for control group; n = 5 for loading group). Gene expressions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 1 (L1), 2 (L2), and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 4 (R4), 8 (R8), and 20 (R20) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading on each day of testing. Gene expressions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test and the recovery period on each day of testing.
8 b2 d0 m$ @+ v5 u
# h. b0 [  ~7 H8 |7 T  c8 e; |Figure 5. Statistical analysis of gene expressions of Sox9 and type II collagen. The relative gene expressions of Sox9 and type II collagen among six time points of 2 days of testing, as presented in Figures 1 and 2, were statistically analyzed using a one-way analysis of variance with Student-Newman-Keuls comparison test (n = 10 for control group; n = 5 for loading group). Gene expressions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 1 (L1), 2 (L2), and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 4 (R4), 8 (R8), and 20 (R20) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading on each day of testing. Gene expressions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test and the recovery period on each day of testing.
4 R( S( J  }& r; l7 v9 M8 D* z" g* X3 ?! X6 b0 F. O
Day 2 of Testing ? Significant differences were found in all gene expressions between two experimental groups with the samples subjected to 4-hour dynamic compression having higher levels of expression than those of the control group (Figs. 3–5). For the gene expression of TGF-?1, the samples subjected to 1- and 2-hour dynamic compression exhibited significantly higher levels of expression than the control group (Fig.4). In addition, samples subjected to 2-hour dynamic compression also exhibited a significantly greater expression of T?R-II gene than the control group (Fig. 3). However, no significant differences were found in all gene expressions between two experimental groups during the recovery period.
9 \* O& z6 r- L, G+ t0 z$ F2 F! b) ^( b
Typical Protein Induction
' Y$ p4 U; S. x4 R7 }8 a" Z3 i3 N$ q
In general, the protein inductions of c-Jun, Sox9, TGF-?1, T?R-I, and T?R-II were seen in the samples subjected to 2- and 4-hour dynamic compression (Fig. 6). The protein inductions of c-Jun, Sox9, T?R-I, and T?R-II reached the highest levels in the loading group after 4 hours of loading and then decreased to a level similar to the control group after 4 hours of rest (Fig. 6). However, after the protein induction of TGF-?1 in the loading group by the 2-hour dynamic compression, the protein level of TGF-?1 was maintained at the similar level after 4-hour loading and during the 4-hour recovery period (Fig. 6).; R9 N, C" D1 ]; ]" O) d" O

' C1 c% b! L6 W2 s8 s! w9 R3 K7 AFigure 6. Western blot analysis of corresponding protein inductions of c-Jun, Sox9, TGF-?1, and TGF-? receptors on the first day of testing. Protein inductions of the loading group were analyzed after being subjected to 2 (L2) and 4 (L4) hours of dynamic compressive loading and after 2 (R2) and 4 (R4) hours of rest following 4-hour dynamic compressive loading. Protein inductions of the control group were analyzed at the beginning of the compression test. Nuclear extract of NIH/3T3 mouse fibroblasts treated with phorbol, cell lysate of rabbit chondrocytes, recombinant protein of mouse T?R-I, fusion protein of human T?R-II, and cell lysate of human normal fibroblasts were used as positive controls ( ) for c-Jun, Sox9, T?R-I, T?R-II, and TGF-?1, respectively. Bands shown are representative of four independent experiments.1 `: j  k3 R( a0 s9 {

+ _- I# Z* e, x. [# K; ZDISCUSSION6 w9 P6 m0 D4 K: y2 S. O$ R2 B5 s  y

: l& ^( V# _# M  o4 p! u: cThis work was supported by a National Institutes of Health grant (AR 38421) and a VA Merit Review Grant. The authors would like to thank Ms. Kristen Hagar for her technical assistance with RT-PCR and cell culture.
  ~) c# C/ Y9 o' T4 s/ G1 w* r) f& \6 C; G; L
REFERENCES
% H( B0 b2 E2 u1 T7 c; L; c: _/ v% L: Y& w  p9 Q
Cheung HS, Cottrell WH, Stephenson K et al. In vitro collagen biosynthesis in healing and normal rabbit articular cartilage. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1978;60:1076–1081." Y/ m2 d3 r& Q( b; b) K* I' N, Q

7 z9 _, a3 X/ v& v$ @1 M  ^Cheung HS, Lynch KL, Johnson RP et al. In vitro synthesis of tissue-specific type II collagen by healing cartilage. I. Short-term repair of cartilage by mature rabbits. Arthritis Rheum 1980;23:211–219.
. _! F' W3 Q/ D# n. |
. }0 A' r+ M# a, LFriedman MJ, Berasi CC, Fox JM et al. Preliminary results with abrasion arthroplasty in the osteoarthritic knee. Clin Orthop 1984;182:200–205.
8 N. X, T# s0 K! g* B
' [+ p" Y* T' T5 j" rFurukawa T, Eyre DR, Koide S et al. Biochemical studies on repair cartilage resurfacing experimental defects in the rabbit knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1980;62:79–89.
( I, w7 P6 P( E, x0 z4 \+ \/ |" n, U6 X5 j9 N, V4 P" w' u
Johnson LL. Arthroscopic abrasion arthroplasty historical and pathologic perspective: present status. Arthroscopy 1986;2:54–69.
1 d5 j/ u  F1 t2 j
; T  @. F( _( ]Levy AS, Lohnes J, Sculley S et al. Chondral delamination of the knee in soccer players. Am J Sports Med 1996;24:634–639.( X0 c# t6 p, J- b4 J0 B. d! q
+ p. B0 ]. L  P
O’Driscoll SW, Keeley FW, Salter RB. Durability of regenerated articular cartilage produced by free autogenous periosteal grafts in major full-thickness defects in joint surfaces under the influence of continuous passive motion. A follow-up report at one year. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1988;70:595–606.
1 g4 c) C# t% U* k, o4 t4 W4 q
% F, n. M( B- V9 Z6 J9 L- vWakitani S, Goto T, Pineda SJ et al. Mesenchymal cell-based repair of large, full-thickness defects of articular cartilage. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1994;76:579–592.
8 V, z7 x5 A* h* n9 F
; b: r% k/ d1 W: }3 N/ ?  wBuschmann MD, Gluzband YA, Grodzinsky AJ et al. Mechanical compression modulates matrix biosynthesis in chondrocyte/agarose culture. J Cell Sci 1995;108:1497–1508.. V8 v- j6 ]/ U% ]( a

( y6 a$ |) y" x: d0 Z# ?Guilak F, Meyer BC, Ratcliffe A et al. The effects of matrix compression on proteoglycan metabolism in articular cartilage explants. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 1994;2:91–101.
& d2 c) Y9 ~9 p4 |' P# |
' y  g6 T- n. v% U5 t* E) B2 yLee DA, Bader DL. Compressive strains at physiological frequencies influence the metabolism of chondrocytes seeded in agarose. J Orthop Res 1997;15:181–188.
! G! A' N. @, ]0 W- \* z% W7 g* E' W* ^0 P( L$ b' K
Mauck RL, Soltz MA, Wang CC et al. Functional tissue engineering of articular cartilage through dynamic loading of chondrocyte-seeded agarose gels. J Biomech Eng 2000;122:252–260.7 F7 B- I' R8 ^/ K1 k3 T

+ g5 x$ V7 I! f/ t+ w& \/ hSah RL, Kim YJ, Doong JY et al. Biosynthetic response of cartilage explants to dynamic compression. J Orthop Res 1989;7:619–636.9 F& e5 z$ i+ O( C! P
5 V* U, I/ \7 K$ L
Elder SH, Kimura JH, Soslowsky LJ et al. Effect of compressive loading on chondrocyte differentiation in agarose cultures of chick limb-bud cells. J Orthop Res 2000;18:78–86.
% ^" B  e, g5 Z. T" E& w+ {4 e$ {- M8 I
Elder SH, Goldstein SA, Kimura JH et al. Chondrocyte differentiation is modulated by frequency and duration of cyclic compressive loading. Ann Biomed Eng 2001;29:476–482.. O. {+ G; x/ f' C  T% M' Y
: d# J4 H! {# {& b0 R9 D$ L
Takahashi I, Nuckolls GH, Takahashi K et al. Compressive force promotes sox9, type II collagen and aggrecan and inhibits IL-1beta expression resulting in chondrogenesis in mouse embryonic limb bud mesenchymal cells. J Cell Sci 1998;111:2067–2076.
  A* {5 O8 ~# ]4 L  n. q. c, \( s, U: a4 L6 A3 X# C
Angele P, Yoo JU, Smith C et al. Cyclic hydrostatic pressure enhances the chondrogenic phenotype of human mesenchymal progenitor cells differentiated in vitro. J Orthop Res 2003;21:451–457.
0 v2 E- ~: _: [0 f# l; H8 d: ]5 Q! n; u8 n1 x: b1 i
Huang C-Y, Hagar CL, Frost LE et al. Effects of cyclic compressive loading on chondrogenesis of rabbit bone-marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells. STEM CELLS 2004;22:313–323.: y' W0 Y0 W8 Y" ?

7 I( {7 b/ ~( _. jHuang C-Y, Reuben PM, D’Ippolito G et al. Chondrogenesis of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in agarose culture. Anat Rec 2004;278A:428–436.
/ }" m/ D; }1 V! |: J- m- J# \
9 W2 V0 k8 b  {& `: |+ k* pJohnstone B, Hering TM, Caplan AI et al. In vitro chondrogenesis of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res 1998;238:265–272.
" R" ^* _" M! u7 U& Z3 ]( F
8 W/ Q" ~; z& i$ W/ e3 p8 x$ p' bMackay AM, Beck SC, Murphy JM et al. Chondrogenic differentiation of cultured human mesenchymal stem cells from marrow. Tissue Eng 1998;4:415–428.
  ~: d% U* [, y& ?0 H  f3 E4 c* j8 r4 o4 r# Y
Pittenger MF, Mackay AM, Beck SC et al. Multilineage potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Science 1999;284:143–147.# r# G# p# M& P% H* E$ ]2 z7 B

/ W$ l0 z+ E+ k& ?( W2 NSolchaga LA, Johnstone B, Yoo JU et al. High variability in rabbit bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cell preparations. Cell Transplant 1999;8:511–519.
$ u: q3 L' j. {5 I- i* t: R7 ]  w% [" K1 l2 a! E5 u, e; _
Yoo JU, Barthel TS, Nishimura K et al. The chondrogenic potential of human bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1998;80:1745–1757.' E$ y, |1 O4 g6 I( l

% Y) Z: s3 n, ^Wrana JL, Attisano L, Wieser R et al. Mechanism of activation of the TGF-beta receptor. Nature 1994;370:341–347.
+ ^, f5 Y8 ^. C1 \( w, u8 p7 M+ v% i  _
Mizuta H, Sanyal A, Fukumoto T et al. The spatiotemporal expression of TGF-beta1 and its receptors during periosteal chondrogenesis in vitro. J Orthop Res 2002;20:562–574.
9 s, @5 |! L2 y, b
3 Z. B* c: ~7 H$ B2 ZOh CD, Chang SH, Yoon YM et al. Opposing role of mitogen-activated protein kinase subtypes, erk-1/2 and p38, in the regulation of chondrogenesis of mesenchymes. J Biol Chem 2000;275:5613–5619.
* G( E, Q8 F$ Q; A8 `7 |# z  a- |1 R6 o+ ~3 y7 J9 P
Thomas DP, Sunters A, Gentry A et al. Inhibition of chondrocyte differentiation in vitro by constitutive and inducible overexpression of the c-Fos protooncogene. J Cell Sci 2000;113:439–450.* x& e: u6 w( y5 u3 g  u: S0 y
+ p, s; E! W7 J4 K
Tufan AC, Daumer KM, DeLise AM et al. AP-1 transcription factor complex is a target of signals from both WnT-7a and N-cadherin-dependent cell-cell adhesion complex during the regulation of limb mesenchymal chondrogenesis. Exp Cell Res 2002;273:197–203.
7 G, y) e/ c* D  n
7 N; V& e. \3 j' C7 aSeghatoleslami MR, Tuan RS. Cell density dependent regulation of AP-1 activity is important for chondrogenic differentiation of C3H10T1/2 mesenchymal cells. J Cell Biochem 2002;84:237–248.
4 W: |9 d/ q! q7 K; e
8 z7 _3 S/ ^$ o# aKim SJ, Angel P, Lafyatis R et al. Autoinduction of transforming growth factor-?1 is mediated by the AP-1 complex. Mol Cell Biol 1990;10:1492–1497.
- J; v3 F8 M" ~7 [! k& w9 y
+ B( n6 D: N* YWright E, Hargrave MR, Christiansen J et al. The Sry-related gene Sox9 is expressed during chondrogenesis in mouse embryos. Nat Genet 1995;9:15–20.4 x1 k: x/ V) k; Y) s7 V

9 _/ p5 D" E. T# f  pZhao Q, Eberspaecher H, Lefebvre V et al. Parallel expression of Sox9 and Col2a1 in cells undergoing chondrogenesis. Dev Dyn 1997;209:377–386.
0 U6 u% B* H0 s$ a4 q2 I/ |1 e
; k6 S/ R5 _5 f: W" tBi W, Deng JM, Zhang Z et al. Sox9 is required for cartilage formation. Nat Genet 1999;22:85–89.9 k+ ~7 d0 n3 k4 j3 o+ b

0 t0 w$ O+ T; s1 u9 w+ ^6 rBell DM, Leung KK, Wheatley SC et al. SOX9 directly regulates the type-II collagen gene. Nat Genet 1997;16:174–178.6 ~8 |4 m, H) a/ U
& v7 g; J& K$ u. g
Lefebvre V, Huang W, Harley VR et al. SOX9 is a potent activator of the chondrocyte-specific enhancer of the pro alpha1(II) collagen gene. Mol Cell Biol 1997;17:2336–2346./ D5 `9 ?* n1 W! N7 [) B+ q

* }/ p2 m2 t) `8 F5 E" U' n" c6 TNg LJ, Wheatley S, Muscat GE et al. SOX9 binds DNA, activates transcription, and coexpresses with type II collagen during chondrogenesis in the mouse. Dev Biol 1997;183:108–121.
! h! ?7 P& C7 c& c( `
) g4 i; \9 j$ P9 r4 Q' RBridgewater LC, Lefebvre V, de Crombrugghe B. Chondrocyte-specific enhancer elements in the Col11a2 gene resemble the Col2a1 tissue-specific enhancer. J Biol Chem 1998;273:14998–15006.' t/ g" W5 f. B/ ^4 X+ h+ z

! n8 k( z$ N& B3 JLiu Y, Li H, Tanaka K et al. Identification of an enhancer sequence within the first intron Required for cartilage-specific transcription of the 2(XI) collagen gene. J Biol Chem 2000;275:12712–12718.: f2 B2 \, Z+ ?' ^% |. X, O2 m
0 u. l, P/ |' d% l$ O" I
Zhang P, Jimenez SA, Stokes DG. Regulation of human COL9A1 gene expression. Activation of the proximal promoter region by SOX9. J Biol Chem 2003;278:117–123.
' P0 s8 Y( s, B3 V: R
$ j, }8 c2 I4 [Sekiya I, Tsuji K, Koopman P et al. SOX9 enhances aggrecan gene promoter/enhancer activity and is up-regulated by retinoic acid in a cartilage-derived cell line, TC6. J Biol Chem 2000;275:10738–10744.
+ a- y' d( U: K1 A6 A% R  _9 h' S6 G# n0 S% l
Tsuchiya H, Kitoh H, Sugiura F et al. Chondrogenesis enhanced by over-expression of sox9 gene in mouse bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2003;301:338–343.3 T( [9 P+ j: @) u
; S  V" {4 g- H5 u7 u
Inagaki M, Wang Z, Carr BI. Transforming growth factor beta 1 selectively increases gene expression of the serine/threonine kinase receptor 1 (SKR1) in human hepatoma cell lines. Cell Struct Funct 1994;19:305–313.
3 P; A4 I& I3 G( N8 q+ U: d( B) g
- z/ q7 z: X$ I3 z6 }0 N" |Norgaard P, Spang-Thomsen M, Poulsen HS. Expression and autoregulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor mRNA in small-cell lung cancer cell lines. Br J Cancer 1996;73:1037–1043.$ A' N6 Z6 ~" Y; \+ q8 ]0 {
+ D0 C4 J( U2 r$ Y
Massague J, Chen YG. Controlling TGF-beta signaling. Genes Dev 2000;14:627–644.
. E3 c9 d% s1 F7 t
1 ~! i2 ?: _# r1 O" k# C+ mHatakeyama Y, Nguyen J, Wang X et al. Smad signaling in mesenchymal and chondroprogenitor cells. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2003;85(suppl 3):13–18.
; x$ P0 I; R- J. x# T" U
! R9 _) p$ g  D0 MTakahashi I, Nuckolls GH, Takahashi K et al. Compressive force promotes sox9, type II collagen and aggrecan and inhibits IL-1beta expression resulting in chondrogenesis in mouse embryonic limb bud mesenchymal cells. J Cell Sci 1998;111:2067–2076.
7 e( H# r; \) S& B( N! U+ j- U: K( w5 N$ x; N! _3 \
Angel P, Hattori K, Smeal T et al. The jun protooncogene is positively autoregulated by its product, Jun/AP-1. Cell 1988;55:875–885.
( ~8 h2 U! \; H* y  L0 k" ?, ]  ?1 Q8 \3 F% Y
Wong C, Rougier-Chapman EM, Frederick JP et al. Smad3-Smad4 and AP-1 complexes synergize in transcriptional activation of the c-Jun promoter by transforming growth factor beta. Mol Cell Biol 1999;19:1821–1830.7 K; e4 Q% a6 m3 u% q

. X$ o) r' s3 U( aPertovaara L, Sistonen L, Bos TJ et al. Enhanced jun gene expression is an early genomic response to transforming growth factor beta stimulation. Mol Cell Biol 1989;9:1255–1262.: _% L- g" v6 @
9 c5 q1 e+ ]; S1 L
Okazaki R, Ikeda K, Sakamoto A et al. Transcriptional activation of c-fos and c-jun protooncogenes by serum growth factors in osteoblast-like MC3T3-E1 cells. J Bone Miner Res 1992;7:1149–1155.
; U0 }8 f8 w! N* H" e+ C
* t: D9 q* d8 P2 x* S2 s/ XMiyazaki Y, Tsukazaki T, Hirota Y et al. Dexamethasone inhibition of TGF beta-induced cell growth and type II collagen mRNA expression through ERK-integrated AP-1 activity in cultured rat articular chondrocytes. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2000;8:378–385.
. o3 t1 E9 V, u" V
9 U1 O: x2 N, ]8 Y8 k; IKarin M. The regulation of AP-1 activity by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Biol Chem 1995;270:16483–16486.
& s* K" V- W3 i; W2 |! l2 n
6 o; y' q9 D7 m9 `5 E, {" |# y% H0 CNakamura K, Shirai T, Morishita S et al. p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase functionally contributes to chondrogenesis induced by growth/differentiation factor-5 in ATDC5 cells. Exp Cell Res 1999;250:351–363.6 z- f7 z8 P8 g% ]% C3 \* ]" ^
! `$ W& [  Y4 [, ~. C& M
Watanabe H, de Caestecker MP, Yamada Y. Transcriptional cross-talk between Smad, ERK1/2, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways regulates transforming growth factor-beta-induced aggrecan gene expression in chondrogenic ATDC5 cells. J Biol Chem 2001;276:14466–14473.4 ~- I3 C3 H/ k9 ~5 D
  S+ \7 X' J- Y
Murakami S, Kan M, McKeehan WL et al. Up-regulation of the chondrogenic Sox9 gene by fibroblast growth factors is mediated by the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000;97:1113–1118.( p& g7 b9 Z1 a! }& `! i
2 S' O% P* S% A0 ]' H% Z* Y" L0 i- b
Fanning PJ, Emkey G, Smith RJ et al. Mechanical regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling in articular cartilage. J Biol Chem 2003;278:50940–50948.
# t1 y+ ]; N+ E0 ~; j# G+ p6 _0 o9 T# b
Liberati NT, Datto MB, Frederick JP et al. Smads bind directly to the Jun family of AP-1 transcription factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1999;96:4844–4849.(C.-Y. Charles Huang, Paul)

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-6-8 20:26 |只看该作者
我帮你 喝喝  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-6-26 12:08 |只看该作者
呵呵,明白了