go

epithelial mesenchymal transitions,EMT [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

楼主
发表于 2011-6-24 22:58 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
    在6月10日的《细胞》(Cell)杂志上发表了Whitehead生物医学研究所、麻省理工学院、布莱根妇女医院、MIT路丁分子肿瘤学研究中心以及美国国家癌症研究所的科学家们的一篇关于上皮-间质转化(epithelial mesenchymal transitions,EMT)信号通路研究新进展的文章。
8 J: }5 F! V. C5 b; [5 h8 u" A0 d- j9 x3 v9 ?
      EMT是指上皮细胞在形态学上发生向成纤维细胞或间充质细胞表型的转变并获得迁移的能力。EMT是胚胎早期发育和器官生成过程中的一个极其重要的基本过程,它使在特殊部位产生的上皮细胞从上皮组织分离并迁移到其他位置,是正常发育、伤口愈合以及恶性上皮肿瘤发生的基础。过去的研究表明无论是在正常发育还是在肿瘤发生过程中,微环境各种刺激可通过多种不同信号途径诱导上皮细胞发生上皮间质转化。然而一直以来科学家们对于诱导EMT以及维持最终细胞状态的信号机制却并不是十分清楚。
. Z1 Z. p2 z1 s3 v$ t( @: \7 w* f
* x6 @" F7 @) W/ t# U     在这篇文章中,Weinberg领导的研究小组证实TGF-β、经典及非经典Wnt三条信号通路协同作用诱导激活细胞EMT程序,之后以自分泌的方式维持最终的间质细胞状态。研究人员证实在上皮细胞中下调内源的自分泌信号抑制因子可诱导细胞启动EMT程序。与之相反,当他们在细胞中添加相关信号通路抑制剂时,发现自分泌信号破坏可导致原代乳腺上皮细胞迁移及自我更新受到抑制,并降低了转化衍生物诱导的肿瘤形成及转移。( c) y( _+ x0 M2 U  `/ q' J

) ^, ?' O, f7 F  |3 b     文章通讯作者是美国科学院院士,世界著名的Whitehead研究所创始人之一Robert A.Weinberg博士。他的研究方向为人类肿瘤的遗传学基础,其中最广为人知的是他的实验室发现了第一个人类癌基因Ras和第一个人类抑癌基因Rb。他的一系列杰出研究工作已经成为肿瘤研究领域乃至整个医学生物学领域的重要里程碑。  ^0 M/ Y1 X7 l. W" J  B

5 I  q, I8 I- J* q% U4 g& |4 N* D     这些研究结果揭示了启动EMT及维持最终细胞状态相关的信号机制,从而为预防肿瘤发生及转移提供了新的靶点。

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2011-6-25 05:31 |只看该作者
求全文 。。

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

藤椅
发表于 2011-6-25 10:01 |只看该作者
Signaling Pathways Point To The Weakness Of Breast Cancer Stem Cells
, v& w" u2 |; Y( i1 ^4 b5 B/ j+ I  R 出处:http://www.healthph.co.cc/2011/06/signaling-pathways-point-to-weakness-of.html
; \. m. v2 T9 f3 q& K$ ?9 EFriday, June 10, 2011   N  d( Q7 e. U
3 c$ ]- f. w9 W( R+ V4 G& d0 j' s
Whitehead Institute researchers have identified signs of breast epithelial cells can induce these cells to transition and maintain a state of mesenchymal stem cells and cells that pervades normal cells and cancer cells with greater capacity to migrate and renewed itself. Disruption of these tapes indicated the cells self-renewal capacity of migratory, invasive and used by cancer stem cells in tumors of new seeds.& K3 F, v2 U! B

7 c2 v" W  a1 q3 o1 u2 k"Stem cells are important in cancer and normal tissues. On the one hand, we know what creates a type of cancer known as stem cells in tumors and secondly, we want to know what creates normal stem cells in normal epithelial tissues says Whitehead Founding Member Robert Weinberg. "We have reason to believe that these two dynamics are orchestrated by a common regulatory mechanism. Therefore, this work may be applicable for the understanding of breast cancer cells and normal epithelial cells, like normal cells in normal breast ducts. "
# P1 M" {7 C. n( n7 G9 M3 y! D
3 d. N8 S6 }; X2 L& n0 QDuring epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT), epithelial cells acquire the characteristics of mesenchymal cells. Unlike epithelial cells in a very compact that stick to each other, mesenchymal cells are loose and free to move in a tissue. The attributes of mesenchymal cells during development are beneficial, but when hijacked by cancer cells, confer the ability to migrate to remote sites. Moreover, the passage through the EMT allows cells to cancerous tumors in adults new high-yield seeds, the hallmark of cancer stem cells. Passing an EMT is recognized as an important step in the formation of cancer stem cells, scientists have been unable to clearly identify the tracks in the cellular microenvironment that induce EMT.: L, b5 e1 ]. R' d4 M  d% B6 O# ~
9 @) k8 M5 w4 E* z
By examining the human epithelial mammary cells, Christina Scheel, postdoctoral researcher in Weinberg's lab has identified three signaling pathways (TGF-beta, non-canonical Wnts, and canonical Wnts), which together maintain the characteristics of migration and regeneration of both normal mammary epithelium and breast cancer cells. These paths are constantly activated and the stem cells that are autocrine signals, ie signals produced by the cells. Studying how these autocrine signals active in mammary epithelial cells can Scheel clear signals that allow these cells through EMT and then a state of mesenchymal stem cell-like and the first place. Its results will be published June 10 issue of Cell.
. D2 I3 L( D# i% U" p2 ]7 b+ X! O' @# R3 E8 U1 n$ |5 I% e2 ^
Interestingly, Scheel found that epithelial cells, as their state of differentiation through inhibition of the three signaling pathways, that is, of course, normal epithelial cells produce proteins that inhibit these signaling proteins. It pushes the normal mammary epithelial cells through EMT in vitro, has removed these endogenous inhibitors of taking a cocktail of neutralizing antibodies, and added growth factors that stimulate the three courses, which mimics the autocrine signaling was found in mesenchymal cells. Applying the result of EMT-inducing cocktail constantly pushed the mesenchymal cells Scheel and properties stem cell-like state, accompanied by a greater capacity for migratory birds and stem cell-like. Finally, epithelial cells ex stabilized at this space through autocrine signals, and are no longer dependent EMT cocktail.) t& G6 n4 G9 ?- i8 Q0 q+ r3 G% z
2 v: E, A& A- r0 n$ x
If you want to see the effects of autocrine signaling to prevent this animal model, mice implanted Scheel epithelial cells of human breast cancer who had been through EMT. He is injected into the implantation site of proteins that block three routes. The mice were injected with one tenth of the amount of the increase was found in mice that did not receive inhibitory protein. Moreover, in breast cancer cells that had previously been treated in vitro of these proteins is significantly reduced metastases when implanted in mice after.
, j, {' R( d* V- O- R5 a1 Z- U/ t7 X# i4 }
Scheel notes that these tests show that the ability of cancer cells' usurping normal cellular functions may ultimately lead to their downfall.5 T, ^6 }- j) O" b
* j8 m# D& ^" ]( S; q
"These autocrine signals may not be something in breast cancer cells to re-invent, but will instead get the activation of a program of normal stem cells," says Scheel. Breast cancer stem cells use these signals to maintain themselves, so they are easy to block this autocrine signaling. It could be a great way to target breast cancer stem cells. In addition, we need to understand how the Migration and self-renewal properties are used in normal mammary epithelial cells, may further our understanding of the homeostasis of normal tissues and can be very useful in the field of regenerative medicine, where it would be highly desirable to create a large number of epithelial stem cells, without use genetic interventions. "
' [0 b1 l; _& h6 R3 |
4 D! K  j- z6 u& k0 `8 \$ B/ f9 fWhile Scheel study provides new information about how well the cancer and normal breast cells, the transition and maintain the state of mesenchymal cells, he and Weinberg are warning that the same signals and signaling pathways may be appealed to the cells of breast.9 \1 ]& E* h5 d0 I4 l5 t

7 \6 d' s4 w9 F8 I1 o! ["They are the same agents as EMT reporting breast tissue -? Skin, liver, intestines, pancreas, and so on do not know Scheel generalizability of the results yet, although I can not imagine that there are many similarities," says Weinberg, who is also professor of biology at MIT and director of the MIT / Ludwig Center for Molecular Oncology. "Secondly, we do not know if these three signaling pathways are ultimately the ones that are crucial for the activation of EMT as the types of mammary cells. Alternatively, there may be other contextual cues in addition to these three, are equally important in the emergence of EMT as mammalian cells? These signaling pathways appear to be a certain universality, simply do not know. "

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 优秀版主 专家 金话筒 精华勋章 优秀会员

板凳
发表于 2011-6-25 10:07 |只看该作者
干细胞之家微信公众号
然后到达转移位点时,已间质化的瘤细胞再来一次MET,是不是?Robert A.Weinberg老了!有机会问问他,转移途径中的瘤细胞是怎么样的M状态?淋巴或血管中的瘤细胞是什么样的?免疫组化的结果到底是不是M化的?
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

报纸
发表于 2011-6-25 10:11 |只看该作者
贴出全文 共同学习
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 1 + 5 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 1  包包 + 5   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

地板
发表于 2011-6-25 11:21 |只看该作者
近期很多报道,EMT过程在体细胞重编程过程中一个很重要的环节,EMT涉及很多信号通路,参与重编程,在这篇文章中,Weinberg领导的研究小组证实TGF-β、经典及非经典Wnt三条信号通路协同作用诱导激活细胞EMT程序,TGF-β,wnt 等都是重编程过程中的重要信号通路,就是不清楚EMT是自发的还是诱导的
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 优秀版主 专家 金话筒 精华勋章 优秀会员

发表于 2011-6-25 15:44 |只看该作者
huangcong1988 发表于 2011-6-25 11:21 + X7 |0 E, _' D, z% q
近期很多报道,EMT过程在体细胞重编程过程中一个很重要的环节,EMT涉及很多信号通路,参与重编程,在这篇文 ...

9 z# j3 _8 x: ?# ?, a6 {8 }        当然是瘤细胞自己主动采取行为向间质转变的,而且它等会到达目的地后还要变回“原生”成为上皮性癌细胞。
& a/ @+ D: p1 H" W! X8 G) \: D        在转移途径中,瘤细胞所采取的这种转变行为不亚于中国神话故事——西游记中的孙悟空七十二变的本事。
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 5 + 10 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 5  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

发表于 2011-6-25 21:02 |只看该作者
回复 marrowstem 的帖子) W" L. H# L7 h0 L6 J/ I. L

; F4 ~; {$ s5 U  r! H自发的?有根据吗?能附上一篇文章吗?谢谢

积分
威望