积分
威望
包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2011-9-27 22:17 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Voice from last issue:# u' U# o/ y% O5 X8 {
5 Z# W3 e) L/ P  M& q% t' f) Y
"We found these cancer stem cells are substantially different in their metabolic states than the differentiated cancer cells they create, and since they act differently, they can't be killed in the same way. And as yet, we don't have anything to target these glioma stem cells specifically."--Dr. Frank Pajonk, an associate professor of radiation oncology at at UCLA.( R1 V. r$ M" I  c* ]# J

6 W- Y# E  |2 P“We were able to expand the most primitive hematopoietic stem cells, which, when transplanted back into mice gave rise to all blood cell types throughout three, sequential transplantation experiments. If similar results can be achieved using human hematopoietic stem cells from sources such as umbilical cord blood, this work is expected to have substantial clinical impact.”--Stowers investigator Linheng Li.
2 \. x, T1 U. d& v! T. s
1 c) v+ a' b; Z: |, n/ f# r- y"We found these cancer stem cells are substantially different in their metabolic states than the differentiated cancer cells they create, and since they act differently, they can't be killed in the same way. And as yet, we don't have anything to target these glioma stem cells specifically."--Dr. Frank Pajonk, an associate professor of radiation oncology at UCLA.
# z. @5 l$ m; `- }: E* ]2 i9 X7 v# I- |- I
“In normal BASCs, the pattern of expression suggests that Bmi1 and this imprinted gene network make sure that when the lung stem cells are called in to repair an injury, they stop when the repair is complete. This is the first time anyone has found a link between imprinted genes and tissue repair.”--Carla Kim, PhD, of the Stem Cell Research Program at Children's Hospital Boston.
- F2 t( F. m! B+ _9 v3 Q7 t# ^3 o0 [
8 h8 U. x4 b' N3 R+ S, E* K; C. K"Although there is an industrial aspect for stem cell research, it has more important significance because it could provide cures for hard-to-cure diseases."--President Lee Myung-bak.( @7 E; `6 H7 i! }! L! u5 x
5 C9 E2 \( v  m* m- w. k% b  |7 z( e
"It opens the field to the fact that alternative splicing plays a really important role in stem cell pluripotency. We're beginning to see an entirely new landscape of regulation, which will be crucial to our understanding of how to produce more effective pluripotent stem cells for therapeutic and research applications."--Prof. Benjamin Blencowe, principal investigator on the study and a Professor in the University of Toronto's Departments of Molecular Genetics and Banting and Best Department of Medical Research.
* A; J! Z% ~( `; H7 S; n$ G1 ]. d- \2 [' B

" |( {1 A: R) f+ s4 @( f$ \This issue:6 \) i& s( v- X4 _6 v' B
0 h9 I, j6 m$ }( Q1 u, \; V

' \: L$ ^( ~/ G0 PReport Videos:# I4 g+ o. J5 Y
http://videocast.nih.gov/Summary.asp?file=16831, ^# ~, a) U6 R

/ }$ Z2 w; Q; s8 E) Z7 V
" M$ G9 ]+ b+ w3 k# @! V0 [
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 30 + 50 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 30  包包 + 50   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题