楼主
发表于 2011-12-11 13:58 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 sunsong7 于 2011-12-11 14:06 编辑
+ x, z5 X3 X. N% X4 s' s# y0 _5 r
& |5 X( ~6 V" J3 N$ R

Top 10 stem cell predictions for 2012: Science, CIRM, ACT, trends

6 a+ @- U2 D( g' ffrom Dr. Paul Knoepfler Lab5 x6 \, A; D, L" T0 [8 ?5 S. z
6 ~5 z0 K3 K% y* g9 i- ~& c- u

http://www.ipscell.com/2011/12/top-10-stem-cell-predictions-for-2012-science-cirm-act-trends/

3 d4 E/ _5 G$ e. A

Each year at this time I start thinking about what the next year will bring for the stem cell field. This year is no different and I’ve been pondering what 2012 has in store for us.  You can read my predictions for 2011 here and see how I fared. Not too bad, but overly optimistic I’m afraid about trans-differentiation.

Of course in a way, calendar years are meaningless for science since it proceeds with its own rapid pacing regardless of any arbitrary indicators of the passage of time, but like most of us I still like to use years as times to mark milestones and predict what’s ahead.

In that spirit, here is my list of the top 10 predictions for the stem cell field in 2012. It’s a mixture of good news and bad news.

$ Y: J( ]  R) b. [+ ?- V3 M0 n2 c

十、细胞转分化技术依旧是超级明星,但少有建树;

10.) Transdifferentiation remains extremely intriguing, but there’s little progress on it. A few more trans-differentiation papers come out in 2012, but no flood to be sure. Trans-differentiating cells is a lot tougher than reprogramming them into iPSCs. Wilmut’s declaration of our need to be independent from ESC because we should be working on trans-differentiation instead is shown to be very overly optimistic about the timeline of transdifferentiation.

+ C. Q: S; b9 W4 w( P) s

九、奥巴马继续当选美国总统,但政治环境对干细胞研究依旧不友好

9.) Obama is re-elected President, Democrats retain the Senate and Republicans retain the House, but the political environment remains hostile to science and stem cell research, particularly at the state level.Obama beats the Republican candidate for President (most likely Romney) so we dodge that bullet, but science and stem cell research still receive little support and are attacked further at the state level, especially by Republican governors.

) v; L5 a7 @) a6 t% e8 k9 t, ^! y

八、小分子化合物诱导细胞重编程的梦想在2012年依然不能实现

8.) The all-chemical (small molecule) iPSC dream still remains unrealized in 2012. I hope I’m wrong about this one.

0 o$ z$ e3 K" X! W& j9 Z; D% {. _" l

七、研究iPS的人越发觉得iPS应该具有潜在的医学价值

7.) We learn more about the properties of iPSC in even more potentially clinically relevant settings and the data are very promising. More studies are published on using iPSC in model systems to treat diseases.

, g* m5 k+ a/ `; J$ P; ]7 T

六、iPSC相关文章持续减少表明这个领域趋于“成熟”

6.) The iPSC field continues to mature as reflected in its publication trends. The number of iPSC articles stays about the same or only increases modestly in 2012 and the citation rate per iPSC paper continues to plummet as the field matures. You can see the trends here.

) W: Z9 @0 N4 B5 ~

五、人格解放运动对胚胎干细胞研究继续搅局

5.) The personhood movement continues to stir things up. They spend millions of dollars trying to legitimize their extreme views that one cell fertilized eggs are the same as living breathing people. They succeed in getting on the ballot in California, are overwhelming defeated, but declare victory because they got their message into the conversation some more.

: H& y! O' V8 F, h  F/ h

四、梵蒂冈等教会继续参与干细胞研究,极端分子继续对抗胚胎干细胞研究

4.) The Vatican and potentially other churches continue to increase their involvement in stem cell research, although not of course that involving ESCs. During the same year, the extremists who are fighting their self-declared “war” on ESC research continue to attack and attack some more.

…..and now the top 3…

, L9 n. w. ~% P8 O$ l" l% a: w

三、没有机构愿意为Gern干细胞项目GRNOPC1买单

3.) There is no for-profit buyer for Geron’s stem cell program/GRNOPC1. I seriously hope I am wrong about this one.

- Y" c' M( y2 S$ x5 x4 X- l1 b8 t; _

二、加州再生医学研究所在干细胞领域掌握更大话语权

2.) CIRM continues to have a huge, positive influence on the stem cell field. Under the super leadershipof Jonathan Thomas and Alan Trounson as well as its Board, CIRM continues its record of vision and excellence in driving stem cell research forward. They continue to streamline CIRM processes and fill essential positions at CIRM, making it more efficient and more accessible to the public. CIRM-funded research continues to wow the world and strides are made toward translating the work to the bedside. In short, CIRM is better than ever in 2012 and continues to have a bright future.

, `) D# }& M" |  q2 b

一、先进细胞技术公司(ACT)的I/ II期临床试验数据将显示用于治疗失明的胚胎干细胞药物是安全的;

1.) Advanced Cell Technology (ACT)’s combined Phase I/II Clinical Trials show their hESC-based RPE drug is safe for the treatment of blindness.  I might be going out on the limb in terms of timeline (i.e. the trials finishing in 2012). Also, we’ll most likely have to wait a bit longer for news on efficacy, but I hope the data points in that direction.

' i- ~9 j2 ^/ S1 F  u, b$ J4 B$ N9 e4 v- @2 G+ e1 k
Dr. Paul Knoepfler is an Associate Professor in Cell Biology and Human Anatomy at the UC Davis School of Medicine, and a faculty member of the UC Davis Genome Center, Cancer Center and the Institute for Regenerative Cures. Dr. Knoepfler is also an Assistant Investigator of theInstitute for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine at Shriners Hospital of Northern California. Dr. Knoepfler did his postdoctoral training focused on Myc chromatin function in stem and tumor cells in Bob Eisenman’s Lab at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle with support from a fellowship from the Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research and a Special Fellowship from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. He received his Ph.D. from UCSD School of Medicine in Molecular Pathology with support from a Lucille P. Markey Fellowship. He received his B.A. in English Literature from Reed College in Portland, OR. - f1 ?2 B9 y- H
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 20 + 30 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 20  包包 + 30   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 优秀版主 专家 金话筒 精华勋章 优秀会员

沙发
发表于 2011-12-11 19:01 |只看该作者
对于上述十项预测,我发表半点意见:赞成第六点前半句:iPSC相关文章持续减少,而反对后半句,我觉得后半句应该是:表明这个领域趋于“进入更深的死胡同”。
% I! k3 e. H& R, E  Q
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 5 + 10 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 5  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2011-12-12 10:16 |只看该作者
谢谢分享。很好。$ w$ t2 ?- L! b) k  u' r0 l" Z1 A
:)

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 精华勋章 金话筒 专家 优秀会员 优秀版主

板凳
发表于 2012-1-16 14:25 |只看该作者
干细胞之家微信公众号
生物谷未注明:转载“干细胞之家”
# d! W' J: G0 _2 r2 s- Z6 c3 u2 a+ Y' ^美国学者对2012年干细胞领域的十大预测 http://www.bioon.com/biology/news/513639.shtml
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 13:45