积分
威望
包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2012-1-1 23:45 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Voice from last issue:0 ?+ b! |! d0 S! I/ H
+ g0 t$ p6 q7 w
“Democrats and liberals were hyping the research absurdly. There was no real prospect of therapeutic uses of [Geron’s] embryonic stem cells...Now those who exaggerated, or failed to set the record straight when others exaggerated, look dishonest. They are certainly less likely to be believed in the future.”--Princeton professor Robert George, a member of President George. W. Bush’s Council on Bioethics.$ u# w* |- o* i0 W
5 Z9 r  d" ^* l& _
"My philosophy in the stem cell space is that it's very difficult at this point to pick the winners and losers. We believe that over time there will be some very significant clinical progress, and valuations will improve, but we're still a long way from an approved therapy."-- Steven Martin, managing member at Aspire.
; \1 H+ [2 N- d2 I3 l$ M
9 Q% o/ z$ A; v8 d" X4 F3 q, N! d. s"While it might be reasonable to incur additional risks for these early pioneering studies, it is not reasonable to accept these risks for the long-term future. Therefore the highest standard of xeno-free lines are urgently needed."--Peter Braude from King's College London.
$ B4 ~, P$ R# S( \. N5 J" k
4 G" y8 K0 h& r6 w“We cultured the cells in the petri dish, and instead of taking the cells, we just took what the cells produced, the juice they were basically swimming in. We compared that to control cells cultured the same way, but didn’t have that same effect...Initially we thought you have to give the cells (to the patient) because they replace dead cells. That’s not actually the case.”--Thébaud, a neonatal pediatrician and professor of pediatrics at the University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry.) j; {/ Z* o( `5 @) R/ ^

( {7 Q2 E' [7 X) p) ?"All of these forms of autism may have some overlapping molecular and cellular phenotypes in cells. As soon as we have more models in a dish, we’ll be able to figure out what’s common and what’s unique about specific diseases."--Alysson Muotri, assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of California, San Diego.) ~( p& I* m; K( P% V1 _

! W7 n* Z5 W7 i8 ~9 t: T( g“Bureaucratic challenges may be inevitable in this ethically contentious and politically sensitive field, but policymakers should attempt to mitigate these issues by doing things like encouraging institutions to accept third-party ownership verification and providing clearer guidance on human embryonic stem cell research not eligible for federal funding.”-- Levine, who is also a member of the Georgia Tech Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience.
& ]  K( V6 Q7 `& k5 c* P6 w: `/ z# i, s" f* a- N4 y
“[Geron] made a decision based on their own financial interest. They took on the cancer work because it was closer to market and it’s quite a difficult venture capital market. That was a little disappointing, but we expect that project to be picked up by another entity.”-- CIRM president Alan Trounson.
0 K" x, X1 \# d8 y/ Q
1 y( J! ]1 f* Z+ v, k2 b/ \) C( P& k$ U' `0 l' |( P8 [  b
This issue:
3 O3 f4 M$ h4 ^+ [( a* ~# d4 F7 K6 j, A- y: ~# s
; z' |' |9 v0 s, w+ b& M

+ G( A' x* j' N5 b- }0 F. H$ Q! x5 v# P1 LVideo news:" `# I$ a3 r- E' B% s5 H, n$ F
Stem Cell Transplant Offers Hope for Autism, Parkinson's! b, j' z" z) j+ i
http://video.foxnews.com/v/13474 ... -autism-parkinsons/
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
tpwang + 10 + 20 极好资料
细胞海洋 + 30 + 50 原创内容

总评分: 威望 + 40  包包 + 70   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 18:49