威望
包包

金话筒 优秀版主 优秀会员 积极份子 帅哥研究员 小小研究员

楼主
发表于 2012-6-30 09:50 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22685335
: o5 Q& K1 h% d6 b2 A+ b) z5 X; c" w6 \0 I% i
J Endocrinol. 2012 Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print]
* f8 \, r; x- L+ {8 H$ q& g0 V# @9 QIn vivo studies on non-viral transdifferentiation of liver cells towards pancreatic beta cells.
0 y  a( h/ j$ M1 A! M: _$ CCim A, Sawyer GJ, Xiaohong Z, Su H, Collins L, Jones PM, Antoniou M, Reynes JP, Lipps HJ, Fabre JW.  z+ E+ K( R  z' C+ |5 T2 D- a
Source: O: g  K; a5 R7 m+ z/ Z
A Cim, Hepatology and Transplantation, Kings College London, School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom.
/ U4 M: o  C+ l. w3 i* |
4 C; H% \, e3 Y3 G: YAbstract( d. m4 {6 _& I1 n3 z" w
Transdifferentiation in vivo is an attractive option for autologous replacement of pancreatic β cells in patients with type 1 diabetes. It has been achieved by adenoviral delivery of genes for transcription factors to the liver and pancreas of hyperglycaemic mice. However, these viral approaches are not clinically applicable. We used the hydrodynamic approach to deliver genes for rat pdx1, ngn3 and mafA singly and in combination to livers of normoglycaemic rats. Five expression plasmids were evaluated. Livers were removed 1, 3, 7, 14 and 28 days after gene delivery, and assayed by quantitative PCR, semi-quantitative PCR and immunohistology. Functional studies in hyperglycaemic rats were performed. The highest and most sustained expression was from a CpG-depleted plasmid (pCpG), and a plasmid with an in-frame scaffold/matrix attachment region [(pEPI(CMV)]. When pdx1, ngn3 and mafA were delivered together to normoglycaemic rats with these plasmids, insulin mRNA was detected at all time points, and was ~50-fold higher with pCpG. Insulin mRNA content of livers at days 3 and 7 was equivalent to a pancreas, with scattered insulin-positive cells detected by immunohistology, but levels declined thereafter. Prohormone convertase 1/3 was elevated at days 3 and 7. In hyperglycaemic rats, fasting blood glucose was lower at days 1, 3 and 7, but not thereafter, and body weight was maintained to day 28. We conclude that hydrodynamic gene delivery of multiple transcription factors to rat liver can initiate transdifferentiation to pancreatic β cells, but the process is reversible, and probably requires more sustained transcription factor expression.

积分
威望
包包

金话筒 优秀版主 帅哥研究员 博览群书

沙发
发表于 2012-8-15 01:36 |只看该作者
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
flydayzhu + 2 + 5 thx~

总评分: 威望 + 2  包包 + 5   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册