cancer——good cells in bad niche   [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 精华勋章 金话筒 专家 优秀会员 优秀版主

楼主
发表于 2011-5-25 00:55 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
8 q; C3 |" Y: d6 j* {) v
    干细胞壁龛(niche)是一个用于描述“锚定干细胞并调控其处于G0期”微环境的一个非常宽松科学术语(或假说),这个微环境可以是体内(in vivo)也可以是体外(in vitro),niche为干细胞提供一个保护性微环境,不受外部诱导分化因素的影响而维持干细胞未分化状态。
% h0 \9 a5 s7 G8 Y8 a+ G! k" D0 @     niche概念涵盖的范围也非常宽泛,包括干细胞之间的相互作用、干细胞与已分化的邻近细胞之间的相互作用, 干细胞与粘附因子间的相互作用,细胞外基质成分、 氧气张力 生长因子、细胞因子的作用, 以及导致微环境pH、离子强度(如Ca2+ 浓度)代谢物等物理化学性质改变的因素,  ATP也很重要,这些因素可以通过与干细胞发生直接或间接的作用,从而调控干细胞,niche信号的变化可引起干细胞命运的改变。 ! Z8 {  w3 X% l5 z
( ?9 f( ~. X) Y: V' W2 X, q
   干细胞与niche之间相互的给出的信号在发育期和成体维持期也许是完全相反的,在机体发育期niche决定干细胞的命运,依照遗传物质规定的程序进行增殖、分化、发挥功能、凋亡,在成体维护期niche改变干细胞的命运,恶劣niche中细胞要么死亡要么被“重编程(病变)”,niche通过对细胞周期和细胞分化方向的调控改变了细胞命运。% ^; X& {" m! ]6 N5 C6 v2 I
     干细胞的遗传紊乱会破坏niche,譬如血管由内至外由内皮细胞、平滑肌细胞、干细胞构成,正常的平衡状态是血管组织为干细胞提供niche保护干细胞,干细胞不断置换凋亡的内皮细胞和平滑细胞保持血管平滑和运动功能,当炎症因素造成血管组织过度损伤,干细胞无法完成对血管细胞的补充和修复,同时造成niche环境恶化造成干细胞功能改变使血管纤维化,变得僵硬粗糙,从而引起高血压。癌细胞导致新生血管是干细胞改变niche的另一实例,在此不多叙述。
- {- K$ V8 M" F  f& Q    至于niche造成干细胞命运改变的极端实例也是癌症,肿瘤细胞在胚胎性微环境中倾向于有序的分化发育,胚胎干细胞在非胚胎性微环境中倾向于恶变为肿瘤细胞。
, O+ V! S* N6 S1 ?7 H1 Z+ M2 I* J5 w2 U& n  x
    niche从何而来?谁决定niche的命运?老狼以为胚胎干细胞的niche最初母体子宫提供的,成体干细胞的niche应该是自己搭建的,个体自身条件、生存环境和个体生活方式三方面共同决定niche的命运:% ]- g( ^. W- O/ x: A2 i
- i9 ?7 ?0 e  D$ ^/ s) e. f8 O. x
1)个体自身条件包括年龄、性别、遗传条件、家族病史、既往病史、身体条件(体格、体质以及精神、心理、生理疾病等)等,个体自身条件构成了决定niche命运内在因素;: y  O  h# h4 c% z5 L  V
2)生存环境如大气环境、水环境、生物环境、地质和土壤环境和其他自然环境,居住环境、工作环境、交通环境、文化环境和其他社会环境等,环境因素构成决定niche命运的外在因素;9 D3 u6 `+ t4 h% B6 R: H
4)生活方式是调节机体内部niche适应外界环境的主动干预方式,生活方式包括饮食习惯、工作习惯、休息习惯、运动习惯、用药习惯、吸烟饮酒习惯等等,不良的生活习惯会对niche构成损害;* u* q" Z5 S7 P7 K% a
5)环境中各种物理、化学和生物因素和机体中进行交流和互动,机体为了生存不断调整内部环境以适应外界环境的挑战,从而微环境(niche)与宏观环境之间建立动态的平衡;% Q; c/ |) W. K* e6 K8 X
6)适当的环境因素刺激niche会做出响应形成新的平衡,保护干细胞不受伤害;过度的环境刺激会突破niche的调节限度,对干细胞构伤害从而引发疾病,此时需要有效的医学干预才能在新的机体条件达成新的平衡。本人以为所谓药物就是细胞微环境(niche)调节性物质。, k+ t! R0 J% {
     癌的问题是环境与人、微环境与细胞的问题,是进化、发育和分化层面的问题;我们绝不可孤立地研究肿瘤细胞的遗传物质,要把遗传物质放入细胞、把细胞放入组织、把组织放入系统来研究;多细胞生物体是复杂系统,癌的研究不能离开系统论、进化论、发育学基础,仅仅研究遗传物质;生命体系演进由简单到复杂,从低级到高级,是从单细胞向多细胞,从协同到组织,由组织到系统,科学研究也应遵循同样的规律;癌细胞本质上是单细胞生物的“返祖重现”,单细胞生物和原始多细胞生物为我们研究癌提供了最佳的模式生物;
3 ~) R: N% M9 e
& a1 D  Q, E7 z6 o" a+ s    “cancer——good cells in bad niche”,  解决癌的钥匙就在niche,可以考虑在体外模拟囊胚性niche让癌细胞“归零”恢复正常分化功能或者将癌细胞锚定并控制在G0期。! E; f1 \, \5 O$ L0 C$ q: q) m
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 100 + 200 精品文章

总评分: 威望 + 100  包包 + 200   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

小小研究员 优秀会员 博览群书

沙发
发表于 2011-5-25 07:25 |只看该作者
观点独到,认识深刻,顶

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

藤椅
发表于 2011-5-25 08:39 |只看该作者
可能有点自相矛盾。。。
已有 1 人评分包包 收起 理由
sunsong7 + 5 欢迎指出问题

总评分: 包包 + 5   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

金话筒 优秀会员

板凳
发表于 2011-5-25 09:03 |只看该作者
干细胞之家微信公众号
回复 huangcong1988 的帖子5 k  z% K' Q2 Y! z& u  {8 Q. S

+ `, `5 ^- h# L' H  F哪里跟哪里产生矛盾了呢?

积分
威望
包包

金话筒 优秀会员

报纸
发表于 2011-5-25 09:38 |只看该作者
http://harvardmagazine.com/2010/09/good-cells-gone-bad  {" S  G, `( n  {. r; G
看看外文的:: z6 L* x1 L) q
“Good” Cells Gone “Bad” Research > Science Print | PDF | Reprints by Jonathan Shaw) S5 d' Q) [- r8 _" s/ v
' X0 o/ z& j. Y6 J$ f0 \+ V
September-October 2010 .
# \( S8 C: l: v# i/ lThe fate of stem cells (white) in bone marrow is influenced by their immediate environment of bone cells (green), blood vessels (red), and bone (blue). Genetical­ly defective “bad neighbors” can actually cause cancer.
) D0 k/ M2 o- m* j3 y" v9 QCourtesy of David Scadden Laboratory/Nature. 2009 Jan 1;457(7225):92-6
& \' u, k) _; w: @9 h6 TThe good boy who turns to crime because he lives in a bad neighborhood is a common fixture of popular culture. Now that narrative has a newly discovered analogy in the world of cell biology. Professor of stem cell and regenerative biology and Jordan professor of medicine David Scadden and colleagues have demonstrated for the first time that changes in an environmental niche can actually cause disease. “Good” cells can turn “bad” in a bad neighborhood—leading to cancer.' I) K4 N0 I7 X  U; F) V( u

2 F: O% w$ ?. M: K0 a' l2 OIn cancer, a “single cell goes awry,” explains Scadden. This is thought to happen when the cell accumulates a series of genetic injuries that break down the internal mechanisms controlling such events as how many times it can divide and how long it lives. The cancer then creates daughter cells that can travel and establish new colonies—but not just anywhere. Different kinds of cancers have affinities for colonizing particular organs: prostate cancer goes to bone, breast cancer to brain and lung, pancreatic cancer to liver, for example. This has led scientists to try to define the facilitating properties of those particular surrounding environments.
4 x2 w% d4 b( @' C/ p' @5 u/ }5 ?* `; x
Scadden has studied the importance of environmental niches in determining cell fate for years. He has shown, for example, that characteristics of a bone microenvironment can determine what type of cell a blood stem cell (in bone marrow) will become. But the idea that the environment could actually be involved in the initiation of a new cancer was not well defined until his recent discovery, which was published in Nature earlier this year.  A  Q1 u& {3 w% U2 j3 f7 @

T* x) W8 _+ D6 g' R/ SScadden, who co-chairs the University’s department of stem cell and regenerative biology, found that when he and his team made a genetic alteration in bone cells that surrounded healthy blood stem cells in mice, the mice developed myelodysplasia, a disease that, in humans, frequently leads to an aggressive, generally fatal form of leukemia. The result was unexpected but consistent with cases of myelodysplasia in humans: many patients develop the disease despite having normal blood cells prior to its onset. Such patients may have had undiagnosed genetic abnormalities in their bones.
, N" X  V9 Z2 i4 ?& J/ l) V1 M- t& i/ \
Exactly how the environment interacts with stem cells to make them “go bad” is something Scadden’s group is now trying to work out. One possibility is that the environment provides a kind of “fitness check.” Cells that accumulate abnormalities might in a healthy environment receive signals instructing them to die, Scadden explains—messages the damaged cells never receive in a compromised environment.
. z7 M4 c0 j% @# w: Y
5 ~7 Y# n( w& q. I9 E/ `" UWhatever the mechanism, the implications for therapy are enormous. Fixing problems within cells—rewiring a cell that has become cancerous, for example—is difficult. The new finding suggests that “the interface between one cell type and another can be a component of the development and maintenance of cancer,” Scadden points out. “Exchanges between cell types have to be happening at the cell surface”—and could therefore become a target for drug or antibody therapy. “We have been focusing on cancer cells as autonomous units,” he continues. “But this says that cancer cells are actually part of a tissue and—like normal cells—they respond to signals.+ n4 G! C$ _" z# }
$ R/ m0 B! z9 l5 \  y: S3 \
“We’ve expanded the orbit for potential therapies,” he explains. “The trend toward stem-cell science ramifications in areas where we didn’t anticipate any direct connection is continuing to expand. This is a perfect example.”
# Q5 `9 u! F! N2 {! I3 r& K- G% A, ]7 K/ d. v! L
www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(07)00728-3# V$ ?4 K8 `/ h
Cell - Disrupting the Stem Cell Niche: Good Seeds in Bad Soil
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
sunsong7 + 3 + 10 极好资料
细胞海洋 + 5 + 10 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 8  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包
地板
发表于 2011-5-25 09:58 |只看该作者
看了楼主的中文 没看上面的英文的。我觉得niche对分化,癌症等机理研究有意义或者说提供了一个研究思路,但是实际应用恐怕很难,现在我的理解是癌症难治一是发现不易,发现时一般是晚期了,另外是癌细胞易扩散转移,源发位置就算能清除干净,但是转移去哪了还是要靠观察,这样治疗起来又滞后了。就算按楼主所说 在体外通过niche实现了对癌细胞的控制甚至还原,但是体内保持niche是一个问题,在哪人工生成niche也是问题,niche会不会影响正常组织功能还是问题。
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
sunsong7 + 10 + 10 欢迎参与讨论
细胞海洋 + 20 + 30 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 30  包包 + 40   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

发表于 2011-5-25 10:34 |只看该作者
好文章,学习了,顶!

积分
威望
包包
发表于 2011-5-25 13:32 |只看该作者
niche是一个非常复杂的系统,里面涉及的影响因素实在是太多了,单就基本的环境比如氧、pH,离子、生长因子、细胞因子等等,还涉及到生物力学生物流变学的理论,研究起来很复杂,而现在的研究大多数是以点概面,所以有不有一个比较全面的切入点来解决微环境的问题。
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
sunsong7 + 5 + 5 欢迎参与讨论
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 15  包包 + 25   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 精华勋章 金话筒 专家 优秀会员 优秀版主

发表于 2011-5-25 14:18 |只看该作者
shqinzhu 发表于 2011-5-25 13:32
# U6 v1 U8 d) p8 f, o! [5 uniche是一个非常复杂的系统,里面涉及的影响因素实在是太多了,单就基本的环境比如氧、pH,离子、生长因子、 ...
* E) U( j; B5 R
artificial niches 在国外已经接近商业化 http://www.stemcell8.cn/thread-40290-1-1.html3 G$ G' l: J& K
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 2 + 10 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 2  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员 金话筒

发表于 2011-5-25 16:31 |只看该作者
回复 get0715 的帖子
5 [4 F5 m( v) Q6 D
( o9 I& Y- m6 B' F! W老狼说:“个体自身条件、生存环境和个体生活方式三方面共同决定niche的命运”,三方面不都是环境?环境决定环境?这不是自相矛盾吗?或者你会说一个是外部环境,一个是内部的微环境,那机体为了生存不断调整内部环境以适应外界环境的挑战,niche改变了,导致机体本质改变了,那是因为机体自身遗传物质发生了改变导致机体表型或者说性能改变,还是因为niche变了导致机体性能改变了,谁说得请?
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
sunsong7 + 5 + 10 欢迎参与讨论
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 欢迎参与讨论

总评分: 威望 + 15  包包 + 30   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 22:00