干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站

搜索
干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站 干细胞之家论坛 干细胞行业新闻 FDA批准UCLA的IND申请,进行胚胎干细胞的严重近视眼临床 ...
朗日生物

免疫细胞治疗专区

欢迎关注干细胞微信公众号

查看: 25805|回复: 0
go

FDA批准UCLA的IND申请,进行胚胎干细胞的严重近视眼临床试验 [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2013-2-17 15:21 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
美国FDA日前批准了由UCLA和ACT合作进行的人胚胎干细胞治疗严重近视的新药临床申请。此项研究将采用人胚胎干细胞来源的视网膜色素上皮细胞RPE进行12例为期1年的临床试验,目的是检验治疗的安全性和耐受性。. @0 I5 I  t; O2 W; E( A5 ~
6 M% g+ X0 G* b: d+ l+ D# h
FDA approves UCLA IND application to commence embryonic stem cell-based trial
- F  u; q2 ^* b' B* V" i
" G# q" ?- p- U0 s" ]" DPublished 12 February 2013, @9 }. _4 {  g5 S% v6 f( C' S

. V' h! b! u  @4 gThe USFDA has approved the investigator investigational new drug (IND) application of University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the clinical partner of Advanced Cell Technology (ACT), to commence a clinical trial using the human embryonic stem cells (hESCs)-derived cells to treat severe myopia.1 D0 O4 v7 G; P. l

6 x! o0 x6 k8 r' ?Embryonic stem cell-based trial was designed to assess the hESC-derived ACT's retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells in patients with severe myopia (nearsightedness).( Q) d8 u0 e* v. G% H# x

. P! w2 D# Z. T) q! I. E1 m' [$ v; YACT chairman and CEO Gary Rabin said, "We are pleased to be on track to broaden the scope of our RPE program with the initiation of the new Investigator IND."
( s% c$ C1 O# a! D$ N/ a
0 e# U# m+ b* q; {5 v) CAround 12 patients are expected to be enrolled with cohorts of three patients in an ascending dosage design in the myopia trial.( ^5 e7 J4 a; d5 X3 h9 l1 Q
9 q' A/ k% X5 u* t% ~% _
The primary endpoint of the prospective, open-label study is to assess the safety and tolerability profile of hESC-derived RPE cells subsequent to sub-retinal transplantation into myopia patients at 12 months.
2 k7 H  S/ t# U( S6 S; y! M2 K8 y9 _4 Y4 D2 W7 p2 p
ACT chief scientific officer Robert Lanza said, "Myopia is one of the most common medical ailments in the world and myopic patients have a higher risk of permanent vision loss due to complications such as fissures in the RPE layer of the eye."
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 5 + 20 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 5  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 20:59