包包

积极份子 热心会员 帅哥研究员 优秀会员 小小研究员

楼主
发表于 2010-1-19 03:05 |显示全部帖子 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 细胞海洋 于 2010-1-19 08:20 编辑
% Q7 p2 k5 l& d
4 `) r1 s3 u5 r, v. R  }8 F9 tA Dictionary of Genetics+ ^3 ~; ]7 |( J2 x
Preface! B6 ~  n4 F) ~: k' ]% [5 J
The field of genetics continues to advance at an astounding pace, marked0 @+ g2 c& I' j( M# m
by numerous extraordinary achievements in recent years. In just the past4 f2 D9 z4 S3 W. M5 }. b( B1 H5 W
ten years, the genomic sequence of a multitude of organisms, from archaebacteria( Y) r: g; `6 n) m5 h4 E9 q
to large eukaryotes, has been determined and in many cases, comparatively
/ L/ Y/ L5 L1 q8 ~2 lanalyzed in remarkable detail. Expressed sequence tags are being
% x( |0 c; T- j; h/ O$ Fused for the detection of new genes and for genome annotation. DNA
. b& N$ Z: E: l, T, u" u# Y5 lmicroarray technology has taken the study of gene expression and genetic
" m6 }+ E9 O- H& G; b! }( v* g2 ovariation to a global, genome-wide scale. Hundreds of new genes and microbial! R7 n# R* h' P
species have been identified by reconstructing the DNA sequences
$ Y4 [2 F& T$ w- m0 [of entire communities of microorganisms collected in environmental samples.  d- P, X- H7 w# R3 o
A wide variety of new regulatory functions have been assigned to
4 j3 E* Y  i$ c$ I2 dRNA, and RNA interference has become an effective tool for creating loss
8 O* A0 i3 y+ Z9 x: Tof function phenotypes.0 R! p7 w5 j3 E% |2 v5 P0 u# X
Such momentous advances in genetics have been accompanied by a deluge
; L+ P% O- D; b( ^! q! fof new experimental techniques, computational technologies, databases
! n" O) C, ~/ V! t- B7 Y& C: Zand internet sites, periodicals and books, and, of course, concepts+ I1 o' i! H( l
and terms. Furthermore, as new terminology emerges, many old terms inevitably5 ]0 |5 D9 T1 d3 v  i  v2 L
recede from use or require revision. All this is reflected in the
& o: A1 ~* D: p, y3 e0 k" f* cchanging content of A Dictionary of Genetics, from the publication of its
1 Q! r2 H! L% H3 q' `2 K" ^first edition to this seventh edition, 37 years later. This new edition has
" T, N2 n- ?+ n; Q+ Gundergone an extensive overhaul, involving one or more changes (additions,1 S  j' V3 z! r
deletions, or modifications of entries) on 95% of the pages of the
. P. c  x0 v. x! Wprevious one. The seventh edition contains nearly 7,000 definitions, of
4 D2 v, @; u9 c! y, N. ?which 20% are revised or new, and nearly 1,100 Chronology entries, of6 o, a# _9 W1 y9 C) h  i7 M
which 30% are revised or new. Three hundred of the definitions are accompanied( K( X! ^3 u" t, f0 P
by illustrations or tables, and 16 of these are new. In addition,9 T1 C( h, x* P$ |1 D0 ?+ g
dozens of recent research papers, books, periodicals, and internet sites of
( c" {3 f6 k+ f; W+ g' G1 Agenetic importance have been added to the appropriate Appendices of the, X6 D; @& e4 o# Y2 D9 B5 G7 k6 z
current edition.
1 w% q' r5 b' l! Z: WThe year 2006 marks the 100th anniversary of the introduction of the
' l0 S. J. K( j; ^1 lterm genetics by the British biologist William Bateson. In this seventh edition
% q1 _& N" t( h0 U3 ?# eof A Dictionary of Genetics, the term genetics itself has been updated,
' }. X1 Q- N" f: I5 creflecting progress in understanding and technique over the years, and necessitated. [8 f6 H/ _$ E5 j
by the convergence of classical and molecular genetics. Genetics2 O' _4 c! K/ v" d! \
today is no longer simply the study of heredity in the old sense, i.e., the
8 s1 s( `) ?+ estudy of inheritance and of variation of biological traits, but also the study。。。。。。。。。
0 W- A4 I+ C! F) Z$ r# x0 ^. ]6 c9 t. r6 U; F

# q, z, s  z( z1 y& V
, C- I; k5 N9 y0 q$ X! o[hide][/hide]
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 20 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 20   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 09:36